PDA

View Full Version : Family and Friends

Shannon C.
05-14-2012, 05:28 PM
My life has been a bit of a mess since telling my wife about my crossdressing 6 months ago. Although she is supportive of who I am, loves me, and wants me to be happy, she is not sure that this is something that she wants in her relationship and her future. I respect her decision and choice since I did not give her one before we got married. We are going to be separating for a bit and hopefully things will work out in the future, but the last thing we want is resentment and hate to develop between us.

As a result of all of this I have been going to counseling and learning to accept myself for who I am and what makes me happy. With this acceptance I have become comfortable to share my secret with my family and friends. I came out to first my parents then a few close friends, and just the other day my brother. Its amazing how supportive they have all been. My older brother's response was typical to what I would expect from him which was that he would snap my bra.

I wish that I would've opened up to them sooner and maybe I wouldn't be in the position that I am today. I am thankful for the support that has been given me and hope that as continue to learn who I am that that more people will get to know the real me and not the facade that I portrayed for many many years.

And thank you to all the members here who are willing to share their experiences for others to learn from and draw support and strength from. I have already learned a lot from you and hope to continue as I move forward.

Shannon

Cynthia Anne
05-14-2012, 08:19 PM
Thanks for sharing your story! Having acceptance from family and friends is totally awesome! We can only hope and pray that this acceptance will help you and your wife grow closer together! The best to you! Hugs!

BLUE ORCHID
05-14-2012, 09:07 PM
Hi Shannon, You just never know how it's going to turn out.

daarleane
05-14-2012, 09:30 PM
Best of luck. all of us have 20/20 hindsight vision.

Tina B.
05-15-2012, 10:31 AM
Glad your family has been so supportive, as far as the wife goes, they say if you love it, set it free, if it comes back, then it was meant to be. Together or a part, I hope you both can find the happiness everyone deserves.
Tina B.

kimdl93
05-15-2012, 01:52 PM
I hope you'll keep the channels of communication open and positive as you and your wife separate. Your family's response has been admirable.

minalost
05-15-2012, 05:21 PM
Did you have any idea that your family would be supportive, or did you have reason do think they would not be? And did this have any impact on your decision to "come out" to them? I'm curious because I've not told any of my family about my crossdressing because I have every reason to believe, based on 52 years of knowing them, that they would NOT be supportive.