PDA

View Full Version : Getting patted down while wearing a bra

CynthiaD
05-14-2012, 07:54 PM
I had an odd experience lately that I thought I'd share. I broke my arm recently in a freak accident and had to have a steel plate put in my arm. A few days ago I was flying for the first time with the plate. As usual, I was underdressed with a bra under my tee- shirt.

Well, of course, the steel plate set off the metal detector. I thought I was going to get through the full body scanner, but no. Instead, I was pulled out of line for a full pat-down. I elected not to go into a private room, but just do the whole thing out in public. Just before the guy started I suddenly realized "oh no, he's going to know I'm wearing a bra!" But just as quickly I realized that I didn't care.

The pat-down was very thorough, and yes, he knew I was wearing a bra. He paid special attention to the hooks in back, and checked out the straps thoroughly. He was completely professional and I just stood there like wearing a bra was the most natural thing in the world.

So, now I know how I'd react to such a thing. And, yes, I'd do it again.

CK

BLUE ORCHID
05-14-2012, 08:31 PM
Hi Cynthia, You must've got one of the better inspectors.

sissystephanie
05-14-2012, 09:09 PM
Since I have both a pacemaker and an artificial shoulder (titanium) I always get patted down when I fly. And I always have a bra on! Only once have I been asked if I was wearing a bra, and I told the inspector that yes I was wearing a bra!! He said O.K. and let me go on the plane! And BTW, I done that on international flights also! I have worn a bra for about 65 years and see no reason to stop now!!

Cynthia Anne
05-14-2012, 11:26 PM
Good for you Cynthia! You handled it like a pro! btw I like your name too!

NathalieX66
05-14-2012, 11:46 PM
Hi Cynthia,
I am definitely poised to fly en femme soon. I just renewed my drivers license, this time I'm over 7 rounds of beard laser , and a year and a half of hair growth. I can pass as as male or female now.
I also have a stainless steel plate and five screws in my left wrist from falling off my sunporch while trimming a branch of a nearby tree. My wrist injury is known as a Colle's Fracture....palms down onto a concrete patio from a 12 foot drop. I could have easily have died if I landed on my head.
It has never set off the metal detector at the airport, including JFK in New York.

docrobbysherry
05-14-2012, 11:50 PM
Nice to see u acting so cool under fire, Cynthia! Now, for your next assignment, should u choose to accept it, on your NEXT flite, I challenge u to wear some double D's in that bra!

Noemi
05-15-2012, 12:10 AM
I have gotten patted down while wearing pantyhose under my jeans. I will not get into the details too much as it seems it was from another life in which I was a junkie(11 years sober now)...going into the place to score, no one said anything it was a way out scene anyway.

In January I fell down the stairs and broke my shoulder and upper arm real bad. Now I have a steel plate and a dozen screws in there. I am wondering if it will buzz when I go through the air port...what a mess, still getting bills, and bills...those medical folks should be ashamed of them selves. It is just greedy and low down to make so much money off of my misfortune and bad luck.

Sorry I am down this evening..sob..maybe I will eat and read my book. And just suck it up already.

WifeofWrenchette
05-15-2012, 04:54 AM
My husband was just asking me the other day if any posters here had gone through the TSA patdowns while enfemme and how it turned out. Has anyone had any bad experiences? I'd be curious to hear about it.

Tina B.
05-15-2012, 09:41 AM
I've never heard of a bra bomb, so there is no reason to take it off, now the underwear, that's another problem.
Tina B.

jeanine38
05-15-2012, 05:35 PM
Pre-TSA (1995 or 1996), one of my underwires set off the metal detector and I was hand-searched. I don't wear breast forms nor was I trying to pass. It was very embarrassing. They asked why I was wearing a bra, what I needed it for. Then they had a female do the inspection and she was professional about it. It is something I'd rather never go through again.

RADER
05-15-2012, 06:00 PM
Glad you experience went well; Not like the poor old Lady, I think she was 85 or 90,
Had to take off her depends because it showed yo on the screen. And they did it in
public, what Idiots
Rader

Brenda456
05-15-2012, 06:39 PM
My bra was once busted by a body scanner. The thing picked uo the metal strap adjusters. I was asked if I was was wearing anything under my shirt. I told them I was wearing an undergarment. He started the pat down and said, "oh, straps". I said yes and he finished the pat down. Nothing else was said and all was fine. I lived through it!

TxKimberly
05-15-2012, 07:20 PM
My husband was just asking me the other day if any posters here had gone through the TSA patdowns while enfemme and how it turned out. Has anyone had any bad experiences? I'd be curious to hear about it.

I fly once or twice a week for many years now and never had a problem. Like Cynthia here, I have been pulled out and patted down, but it's quick, professional, and reasonably discreet.

Cynthia, if you were flying from Austin, I've got them well trained for ya'!

CynthiaD
05-15-2012, 07:42 PM
Cynthia, if you were flying from Austin, I've got them well trained for ya'!

No, it wasn't Austin, but I do fly out of Austin every now and then. Perhaps I'll go that way next time.

Alice B
05-15-2012, 07:51 PM
Very well done. Most of us would totally freak out.

WifeofWrenchette
05-16-2012, 01:27 AM
I fly once or twice a week for many years now and never had a problem. Like Cynthia here, I have been pulled out and patted down, but it's quick, professional, and reasonably discreet.

Cynthia, if you were flying from Austin, I've got them well trained for ya'!Thanks for the information. I'll let him know.

Claire Cook
05-17-2012, 05:27 AM
The pat-down was very thorough, and yes, he knew I was wearing a bra. He paid special attention to the hooks in back, and checked out the straps thoroughly. He was completely professional and I just stood there like wearing a bra was the most natural thing in the world.

So, now I know how I'd react to such a thing. And, yes, I'd do it again.

CK

Cynthia, this has happened to me several times when I fly underdressed and go through the body scanner. Each time I told the agent I was wearing a bra, I got the same professional patdown and no problems. But two days ago we flew from Wasnington National -- went through the body scanner wearing a bra with underwires -- and this time the TSA agent just patted down my legs.

Maybe they are getting used to guys wearing bras?

BTW, you might enjoy a previous post (http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?166298-I-saw-my-bra-on-the-TSA-screen!&highlight=)about this

lauraabdl
05-17-2012, 06:34 AM
I recently flew out of Atlanta GA airport an was singled out for a private pat down the girls were very discrete and nothing was said, I flew and all was ok. I will fly enfemme agian soon and am looking forward to it.:thumbsup:
No problems at all.