PDA

View Full Version : Get the respect we deserve

Luscious Star
11-10-2005, 03:20 AM
As fun as highschool was with making friends and all ladies and getting a great eduaction. I never got respected. I'd be alienated from the crowd at lunch. People would push me around. Spit on me. Trash on me. and many other dreadful things. I wanted to be the kid in school with the dreads or braids because most of the kids in my school were doing drugs and having sex and drinking. I didn't want to be any part of that. so I never fully got the respect from my peers like I should of gotten. my friends respected me which is nice to know. but the rest of the peers were real jerks. I want the respect I lost in highschool. Thus when I tour with my band I will get that respect. So when I go on that stage. I"ll be dressed femme and loving every minute of it. It's my way of flipping off the jerks I had to deal with without actually giving them the finger. and I have a right to dress when I want where I want. so I"m gonna be Starluscious. I'll still be Dan. but with a femme touch and oh so sexy physique. and I'll finally get all that respect I lost in highschool

Respect is earned not learned: Starluscous quote from the heart

:heart: ya ladies and when I can shrink my pics down I will have some up ok have a great day and night ladies. Never apologize for letting out the lady inside of you.

Wenda
11-10-2005, 10:26 PM
WWhhow Star! that is pretty heavy! Dont let the jocks get you down. I believe in the US, even more than in Canada and the UK, not sure about Australia and South Africa, jocks inherit an elevated position in the high school hierarchy. I have been to several high school reunions. The jocks dont count for much after the 5 year reunion.
I would really discourage you from focussing on the peer group rejection. As traumatic as it may have been at the time, in the overall scheme of things, it is not likely as awful as you may have thought it was at the moment.
I gather you are in a band. I would encourage you to use dressing as a motivation, but not as retribution. Keep it positive.

susandrea
11-10-2005, 11:35 PM
Every High School has it's share of idiots. I daydreamed through it all and ignored them!

Rock on, girlfriend! :thumbsup:

Billijo49504
11-11-2005, 12:12 AM
Just remember, you only get the respect you earn. Anything beyond that, is just bull stuff. If people really respect you, it's not because you can throw or catch a ball, it's because the type of person you are. JMHO Well in high school, maybe it the ball thing, but in life it much more...BJ