PDA

View Full Version : picking a name what to consider/do?

Beautiful
05-15-2012, 11:25 PM
hi as i have stated in sevrel post now i am very new at Cd'ing i have not even chosen a name as of now i would love some input on this, and i would love to hear about how yall chose your names.

Barbara Ella
05-15-2012, 11:35 PM
I did not have a feminine name until about 2 months ago (only started crossdressing 8 months ago!). I just kept listening to female names, and Barbara just stuck in my mind. Added the Ella just for grins, to play off the sexiest film of my era. Dont worry about a name, it will come to you when you are ready. At least you have a Beautiful name. Mine was Baby Steps for the longest time.

Barbara

Beautiful
05-15-2012, 11:39 PM
aww thats so sweet of you to say your name is beautiful as well im lovin this forum. i relly hope i get a name soon.thanks sweety

Launa
05-15-2012, 11:40 PM
I haven't chosen a name I want yet. I was a member of a couple other CD discussion sites for a while but for some reason I didn't find this site until a few months later.
Anyway once I found this site I wanted to join so fast and when they asked for a name I came up with this one, how lame. I'm looking for a name I want but until then I'm not going to rush and pick another name I don't like

GinaMarie
05-15-2012, 11:49 PM
Gosh, it was way too easy for me before joining the site. I asked my mom what my "girl name" would have been, and realized I answered my own question! Anyway I would have been named "Gina." The middle name-- I came up with it myself. It would be named after my mom. Therefore, I'd be referred to as "Gina Marie."

By the way, don't be in too much of a rush to choose a name. It'll come to you eventually. And I'm glad you're enjoying being here.

Beautiful
05-15-2012, 11:54 PM
awesome im so happy to have a place like this and im not in a rush for a name i just wish i had one i fell some what empty without it.

stacycoral
05-15-2012, 11:59 PM
I would tell you to think of girl names that you can think about, think of a name of person that you would like to be, it might take you a while but that will be ok, My first girl name i used was ok, but when i join here it just did fit me, so that is while i came up with a name that i felt the truth girl inside, Stacy Lynn Coral

GinaMarie
05-16-2012, 12:00 AM
You don't have to feel "empty" once you have one. Oh, I better get off because the NCIS finale is starting in Hawaii NOW!

sometimes_miss
05-16-2012, 12:03 AM
Picture the woman you want to present as; what do you think her name would be? I don't know about you,but when I'm 'window shopping' for a woman, I usually wonder what her name is. The few times I actually approached them, I was usually wrong. But strangely enough, when I asked, they liked the name I picked out for them. Most people would choose a name different from what their parents saddled them with.

Beautiful
05-16-2012, 12:08 AM
if i had to pick the kinda women i would like to be it would be a housewife from the 1960's with the high hair and the bright dress. poodle skirts and sweaters. its beautiful teehee.

Deidre
05-16-2012, 04:06 AM
my real name is very british isle do know how to put it lol ayways ive always love the name victoria elizabeth but i dont think it fits me so i chose a irish name ive been looking for a good name that fit me and when i googled feminine name i found a sight that had names oragins and meanings it was awsome made it so easy ifound a name i liked with a meaning that fit me :) http://www.resourcesforlife.com/library/names/feminine.htm

Georgia Rose
05-16-2012, 05:14 AM
I jst feminised my middle name as it was something I identified with. The Rose just came about because i liked the sound of the 2 names together. Been happy with my feminine name ever since.

Cynthia Anne
05-16-2012, 07:55 AM
Hey Beautiful! I kinda' like calling you Beautiful! It seems to fit you with your 'beautiful' attitude! Hugs!

Cheryl T
05-16-2012, 08:28 AM
I chose mine as an homage to my first crush back in elementary school. I suppose it is mostly because of her personality and such. She was how I wish to be seen by others.

Tina B.
05-16-2012, 08:42 AM
I just found something I liked, that matched my male initials, then I have a few credit cards in just my initials.
Tina B.

JohnH
05-16-2012, 08:54 AM
When I had a female name on this forum is was a feminine version of John - "Johanna". Since then I have changed back to my real masculine name.

John

Shannon C.
05-16-2012, 09:09 AM
When coming up with my name I did what my therapist suggested to do, which was to get dressed up and stare at myself in the mirror and see what name gets generated from within. After that session I went home got dressed up and thus Shannon came into existence. :)

Tera
05-16-2012, 09:27 AM
I kinda "stole" my name from a friend of mine :P But like Cheryl I had the idea of going with my first girlfriend, Stephanie, but that also kind of seemed weird to me. But my friend Tara is probably the bubbliest, girliest person I know so, just change a letter to make me feel less weird about it, and voi la! Or however you spell that French expression haha

AndreaCD1963
05-16-2012, 09:34 AM
My name, both first and last, are variations of my male name. Keeps the initials the same :-). Over the years, male me has received emails addressed to Andrea - typos on the part of the sender - so Andrea just became synonymous for me in my mind. So picking the name wasn't a challenge as it just happened naturally.

NicoleScott
05-16-2012, 10:22 AM
My advice is to not rush it, or force it. Be patient, and let the name come to you. When the right name comes, you'll have a "that's it!" moment.

Contessa
05-16-2012, 10:53 AM
I got my name from a 1960's television show, only I didn't expect to use it for myself. Contessa is a title and means Countess. What is interesting is two things (1) To be a Countess there first had to a Count. So a man first then a woman. (2) My wife said why don't you just call her by the name you said you liked for so long. The middle name Marie just sounds good together with Contessa. But for my initials it should be Holley Francis.

Tess

Simply Joslyn
05-16-2012, 01:45 PM
Joslyn has been with me since my early years on the computer, you see all the kids at school used to play a game called runescape, now I like to play as a female character in all games when possible, and there was the added benefit of strange men online looking for chicks and would give you some free stuff if you acted like a chick BONUS! hehe anyway I needed a name and what came to mind was I had a friend when younger whos name was also josh and he had a sister which you guess it her name was Joslyn and I just saw that as the perfect female version of josh and so it stuck. I've thought about some others since then though just based on what I like and girls I had crushes on, Sara, Jessica, Delanie, and Caprice, oh how I miss Caprice. But what I suggest doing is finding out the female version of your name look it up on google and see if you like it

Leanne2
05-16-2012, 02:38 PM
Years ago my wife helped me pick out my female name. My first name is Lee and my middle name starts with the letter A so she asked," what about Leanne?" It sounded good to me so Leanne I am. And I like green eggs and ham.

Cassandra
05-16-2012, 02:40 PM
I picked Cassandra because I like the sound of the name and I think it fits me well. Just try some different names and sooner or later you'll get one that you like.

PretzelGirl
05-16-2012, 09:13 PM
You will hear people who knew from the beginning and others that had the "OMG" moment. Just let it come to you. Maybe you will hear someone call out to another and you can imagine yourself answering. Or it can be that you can see it next to a picture of you. Just sit back and let the good ole brainstorming kick in and your mind will take you there without you having to go down a list of hundred's of names.

Eve II
05-16-2012, 09:22 PM
I chose Eve because I took what was part of a man and used that to release and build my femme side. If only I could release completely.

abbie_lynn
05-16-2012, 09:22 PM
It's hard to name yourself. Your parents named you the first time... You could get someone to name you if you have a lot of trouble and really want a name.

Beth Mays
05-16-2012, 09:26 PM
Beth I hear you calling but I cant come home right now....

christinac
05-16-2012, 10:13 PM
I took the name of a dear friend of mine that died way too young. Christina died of cystic fibrosis at just over 20 years old. I also took for a middle name Renee one of my very first CD/TG friends.

Secret_Dresser
05-16-2012, 10:35 PM
I myself was wondering the same thing. I did do a little lookin around though. Managed to come up with 2 names: Leila and Lilith both sound pretty "gothic" to me which is the style I would most like to dress. My body may be stopping that from happening though :/

Lesley_Roberta
05-17-2012, 07:03 AM
Your name is the most important thing you will be wearing, so take a LOT of time choosing. Because like forum names, once you are known as someone, changing it is nearly impossible.

Try not to be too clever, think of it like picking a child's name, they will be stuck living with it.

KerryLynn
05-17-2012, 09:48 AM
When I was a kid I ask my mom what She would have named me if I had been born a girl and she told me Kerry Lynn, and I've used it ever since.

JessHaust
05-17-2012, 09:51 AM
I thought long and hard, then choose a name that I would answer to in Girl mode or male mode, plus I really like the name.
My last name has a meaning in one language, so my girl last name means that same thing in another.

DeeJayGram
05-17-2012, 02:37 PM
it was rather easy for me to get my girl name, I tool the initials of my first and middle name and spelled them out and the shortened my last name dropping a few letters, but still sounds the same.

MelanieP
05-17-2012, 11:39 PM
Don't be bothered with not having a name yet- it will come naturally and you will just 'know' when you come across it.

For myself, my parents had told me what my name would have been had I been born physically female so it always felt natural for me to use it.

cathie pantyhose
05-18-2012, 01:12 AM
I picked a name (Cathie) that was somewhat close to my real name and I always like that spelling. I couldn't think of of using my real last name so I used the next fav thing of dressing and although its not realistic, I like it. Once though, I'd like to hear "Cathie" for real......it would be kinda cool while at a store and someone just walked up and figured it out

Nicole Erin
05-18-2012, 01:32 AM
You could also find out what your name would have been if you were born a girl.
It does take some time to figure out what you really like. My "that's it!" moment came when I thought about Erin.

Just don't do what I did and go with some retarded name. I did that for years, it was some old granny name and I hated it.

Deidre
05-18-2012, 02:50 AM
my mom told me she didnt have a name 4 me had i been a girl she told me she knew i was a boy grrrrrrrrr grrrrrrr meow lol

Pink Satin Sissy
05-21-2012, 11:21 AM
Gosh, I just simply picked the worst possible name for my fem personna. I wish I had spent more time on it. I called myself exactly what I was wearing on the day I picked my fem name.....I looked like a pink satin sissy, lol!