PDA

View Full Version : What phase of dressing am I in? How about you?

jenny_geek72
05-15-2012, 11:50 PM
Although I don't have more Jenny time than I would like, the one thing I am noticing is that I am more content on going out more casually dressed.

During my earlier dressing times, I recall trying to go 'SUPER' Girly. Trying to over-emphasize the frillies. As of recent, I am happy wearing a nice pair of jeans, comfortable shoes and a nice shirt. Nothing too over the top, but more comfortable. I try to keep it girly with ankle socks and shoes with some pink tones.

Is this a sign of old age or a sign of my comfort level in dressing?

Any one else going through this phase?

Sheila11
05-16-2012, 12:02 AM
I am exactly the same. I do miss all the girly frills but casual is so much more appropriate during the day, and I get out in the day more now.

Invite me out to dinner and I will dress to the nines.

Barbara Ella
05-16-2012, 12:05 AM
Did you really just say old age? Girl, who are you kidding? It goes in cycles and depends on what you are feeling and doing. I am in my new phase, only gone out 3 times, and wanted to be as feminine as I could. As i grow more accustomed to my feminine being, I am sure I will just want to be out en femme, but not overly so. Don't know what that means right now because i am too focused in on being as feminine as I can be for my age. My age is just beginning to get close to old age you whippersnapper....lol

Hugs, Barbara

sometimes_miss
05-16-2012, 12:07 AM
It's important to remember that real girls accessorize; they will often add perhaps one slightly over the top feminine piece to their outfit when dressing up each day. If you look at girls as they go past in the mall, you can try to guess what it is. Fancy earrings, piece of jewelry, flower, heels, etc..

erickka
05-16-2012, 05:35 AM
Hi Jenny. You are , at least IMO, becoming more comfortable with the real you. I was like you in the early years..had to be 150% girly before I even cracked the door, but nowadays, jeans, flats, a cute top and little makeup is the norm for me. I think the "phase" you are referring to is one of maturity and self acceptance, surely NOT old age!!

Lidia_tv
05-16-2012, 05:40 AM
Same here. I am now more into sensible shoes than heels, and casual, everyday clothes. But when I see something really nice, out of everyday's cathegory, I still must have it.

Sandra1746
05-16-2012, 06:16 AM
I prefer to dress in conservative Fem-casual jeans and tops but I do "accessorize" with earrings, a necklace, and a purse. My hair is also shoulder-length and I wear it "loose". I frequently am referred to in the feminine pronoun, and the reactions are interesting to watch.

My mode of dressing fits the "norm" of the locations I frequent; stores, malls, and casual restaurants. I don't do clubs or late-night outings.

It is all about being comfortable in my presentation, not about "old age"; even though I am 66 in "male" years I'm at least a couple decades younger in Fem years.

Enjoy life,
Sandra1746

Cynthia Anne
05-16-2012, 07:11 AM
I think you are in the ''fitting in'' phase! And it's a great place to be! Hugs!

Laura912
05-16-2012, 07:18 AM
Perhaps your are just discovering where you would like to be. With practice, if you want to, you could do it all which is what I will do over a months time. Anything from the outfit in the picture to just shorts and a top. But the difference is that I do not go out and when I did it was in the outfit on the profile page and I stayed in the car and it was night and it was the first time and I was scared and....you get the point. :)

Cheryl T
05-16-2012, 08:37 AM
I went through the "super femme" stage when I was younger. All the magazine images of what we were taught was sexy were the images I wanted for myself. As I matured and became comfortable with myself I found that my style changed and matured as well and now I'm just as at home in jeans and a t-shirt as I am in a frilly dress.

Kaz
05-16-2012, 08:47 AM
Hi Jackie,

When we start this we are like adolescents, exploring things... we then gradually adopt our 'style'... but inside we are still young and naive... Much like real life?

Phases? I am in the 'I kind of know who I am, but I can't afford it!' category...:)

kimdl93
05-16-2012, 09:50 AM
I think its more a matter of recognizing what is appropriate in a given settting. I love wearing dresses, but women don't generally wear dresses to the mall or grocery. I observe what other women are wearing and try to fit in.

If I was young and cute, I might approach this differently.

Tina B.
05-16-2012, 09:56 AM
I've reached the stage that I wear Capri's fem tee's and flats, forms, no wig or makeup and I'm happy. But then on other days, I still love to do the whole nine yards!
As long as what I'm wearing in female in design.
Tina B.

suchacutie
05-16-2012, 10:16 AM
By growing up as girls, GGs get to learn about themselves and who they are slowly, and they do it before they are adults. Here we are, adults and learning fast. So, for us it is often a confused blur as we go from one idea to another, from one "style" to another, at all levels.

Sounds about normal to me!

As far as where I am, I've got a few styles that I'm comfortable with, but I've not tested a lot of possible combinations so I have a way to go. What I'm beginning to understand is that when all this testing is done I'll have a toybox full of styles I can access as my whim desires!