PDA

View Full Version : The "Normal" You

Simply Joslyn
05-16-2012, 01:19 AM
Well this is something I've been pondering for a little while and if your willing to share what is the "normal" you like, what does he do, how is he different than you dressed or when your posting here. I'd be more than willing to share my more than likely sad sack story with you all, I just want to be sure that asking this is ok and they're would be some interest and don't worry feel free to exclude all you want.

Well it looks like enough have responded that I'm willing to share me, how to explain myself.... well I'll start with a little story of my life that defigns who I am and hopefully who'll I'll become. I'll start darker and go into the light so don't worry. ok well when I was younger I was an outcast, didn't trust anyone except for a few close friends, I guess I was over emotional and for that and the fact I was the tallest in class I was often made fun of, and I had no confidence to do anything about it so I was a mess all throughout my school years, but I had one thing going for me I was smart, at least smarter than anyone else in my class but that aint saying much. My Mother used to beat me, not my sisters though just me, one instance floats in my head, because I liked science I liked to play with fire, and when she found matches she pinned me to a corner and started to attack me and when I kicked her off she just came back twice as angry. My Father was always my hero the one person I could hide behind from her. As I got older she calmed down, but is still nuttier than squirrel droppings, that is until she started drinking after she was cured of cancer, one night she was sitting there in front of me going on and eventually I said f-you but you know the full version and she said you can't look me in the face and say that... so I did and she punched me directly in the face, at that moment I cracked and every childhood bit of hate raged through me like nothing else, and from then on I haven't had problems especially since she quit.
Now past that dark stuff, all those previous experiences defined me and made me a better person, it tought me that no matter what in the end being mean to any one will not only ruin they're life but it'll take you down an unwanted road, but being josh isn't as bad as it sounds, I have 2 sisters, I love animals, any form of tech, even though I wish I was born in the 80's (fast cars, long hair, and great rock), I left high school before senior year to get my ged and go to a technical school for automotive but discovered it aint for me, I've put some though into it and will most likely transition once I leave home, I hope to live in vegas when I leave, I love art and photography but don't do any of my own, I'm currently unemployed but will know tomorrow if I have a job at best buy. All in all being me isn't all that bad but I've decided that it isn't how I wish to live anymore and so the other half will end up being Josh hehe but I'm not losing much and nothing I can't bear to live without.

Ok now thats some kind of biography, even if it is a bit jumbled up but thanks for reading it feels good to release it all

April_Ligeia
05-16-2012, 01:27 AM
I work in clinical and home environments in healthcare in the "real" world, my days are crazy, I actually switch jobs/roles multiple times during a typical day. I have my sons one weekend every two weeks, and one weekday weekly. I actually hide nothing but many things remain hidden just because I believe people will not acknowledge the things they can not handle. On so many levels, for good and for bad, it doesn't matter what you say. The "normal" me is not normal anyway, everyone I know happens to know something "weird" about me, I am just honest and people internalize whatever details they can handle and discard the rest, so I am differently weird to everyone who knows me.

Cynthia Anne
05-16-2012, 07:48 AM
Normal you say! Just an ol' redneck with a don't give-a-dam' attitude who loveingly puts others feelings first! The most normal thing about me is that I'm not normal! Just me! Hugs!

Kate Simmons
05-16-2012, 07:55 AM
Well, "He" doesn't do any more than "he" has to since "he" is retired Hon.:heehee: I do help take care of my Grandsons though at this point. I'm contemplating possibly getting more involved in the TG community however. I'm not averse to going out and promoting awareness by giving talks to groups or whatever.My purpose is to do things that are value added and become the best person I possibly can. That is one way to win people over.:)

Tina B.
05-16-2012, 08:38 AM
retired for 6 years, and like Kate, I don't do much, I'm a photographer, and I live in an area, I enjoy getting out with the camera as much as I can. The wife still works, so I keep up the house and stuff, and love spending as much time as I can with the granddaughters.

Beverley Sims
05-16-2012, 09:46 AM
I think we are all human beans with differences mixed in.
Some of us are more normal than others.
I have found out that a lot of others like things I would not accept myself.
That doesn't make me any less normal than I think I am.
So tell everyone how normal you think you are, maybe WE would find it interesting reading.
If it is not to our taste we just move on without comment.

kimdl93
05-16-2012, 09:53 AM
I am he as you are he as you are me and we are all together. Or in other words, I am what I am and that all that I am.... acknowledgements to John Lennon and Popeye, respectively.

suchacutie
05-16-2012, 10:23 AM
Six years ago there was one of me that we thought was "he", but it was really a mixture. One day the two of us diverged and a clear difference between "he" and "she" was noticed. We've been letting the "she" side develop and also have begun to understand the differences between my two gendered selves.

So, this makes my answer a bit more complicated since the "normal" six years ago was both of me mixed together. That means that both sides of me are quite normal except for the few traits that we have discovered in Tina since she arrived. The Tina side of me is detailed and focussed. She is also fastidious to a fault and is much more of a "city girl". He is much more of an outdoor person, loves to garden/farm, loves making things (remodeling, etc), and has no problem working up a real sweat. Both are creative, artistically, but the focus of the artistry is different in the two genders.

wild, really!

sometimes_miss
05-16-2012, 11:10 AM
I have a job where I wear a uniform; and routinely get 'work fluids' and assorted work particles on my clothes. Special shoes for work too. I go in to work clean pressed, but may come out in something different entirely. I kind of thank the uniform because it's when I feel like I'm in a costume, instead of when I'm in my 'normal' girl clothes at home. The 'daytime' me works a staff job, not a boss (never want to go there again, too many headaches and no feeling of accomplishment), but I get very little communication from management, and as long as there are no problems, am left pretty much on my own. I enjoy most of my work and have no plans to retire completely, but will probably cut back to about half what I'm doing now, and take more 'short vacations'.

docrobbysherry
05-16-2012, 11:27 AM
Like most here, he works to support his family and, unknown to them, Sherry and her extravagances! But, he works to live, NOT the other way around! Besides being Sherry, he enjoys travel, hanging with friends. Time spent with daughters. Sports!

Go Lakers! (yeah, rite, sigh!) However, rite now the Kings look like Cup finalists! Hoo wood have thot THAT? Huh, Karren?

danielle.cd
05-16-2012, 11:40 AM
just your everyday average guy , that loves to hang out with friends an play my ps3 and try to keep up on stuff like fixing the house and vehicles and mowing and all that jazz . and be the dad and husband while trying to find time for ashley ,

Karren H
05-16-2012, 11:52 AM
Normally I'm a bit crazy.... A bit wackey..... And a bit out spoken..... And I don't care what anyone thinks. Just your normal hard working, coal mining, hockey playing crossdresser....

Laura912
05-16-2012, 11:57 AM
Nope. Not normal. Among goals in life are be an angel, be Santa Claus, and be a curmudgeon. Mostly succeeded. Laura, however, does not do curmudgeon.

Veronnie2
05-16-2012, 12:10 PM
Good Post. My he side is still working as an engineer in charge of many people. I have to put on the bosses hat and be a strong leader. I am fortunate that my job attire is usually blue jeans and a denim shirt. However I do maintain my sanity by my under dressing status. I also do find time for Veronnica to come out in the privacy of my office for e-mails and for phone conversations. Once I arrive home I am Veronnica completely. I start off with a nice tub soak, primping and then into my girl mode. I totally relax and forget about the trials and tribulations of my working day. On most week ends I am into the outdoors mode and do my girl chores and yard work all as Veronnica. Occasional dates on week ends with my B/F's are a welcome diversion to me, both mentally and other. Then come Monday morning, I am in my working attire to start all over again. Which part of ME do I like the best....Me being Veronnica. One more year of work and Veronnica will be 24/7/365. My dream will be fulfilled. Thanks for letting me say this. veronnie2

Lesley_Roberta
05-16-2012, 12:29 PM
I invented a term I use for myself. I am a 1%er.

Pick something aaaaaanything, and chances are my take on it will be in the 1% range.

I never seem to belong. I even think I have irked a few people here in under a week (which has me a little sad and feeling like just shutting up).

I like science and history to the point I can't really express what I know without sounding like a totally arrogant prick.

I can make anything, something I actually can demonstrate if you supply the materials. Ever wanted an eco home that was proof against nuclear war? I can do it all right down to the last detail, all the furnishings, the interior decorating even the dream kitchen (I've had to pay for this though, through being utterly oblivious about sports and cars).

I like anime and I like wargames (well I think I still like the wargames). I also like models and I like ceramics and I like painting and I can sew (reasonably).

My normal self likes to shop. And my normal self likes housework (yes I know, weird).

My normal self likes Tupperware parties, and half the time I am in Canadian tire, I'm looking at bakeware.

My normal self loves to create. And my normal self probably wishes he could go back 200 years in time. Because my normal self regardless of all the tech I own, hates tech.

KellyJameson
05-16-2012, 01:37 PM
Well like the song says " People are strange when you are a stranger" and there is not much that is stranger than me so I work as an Independant Contractor using computers to build stuff from the real world into the virtual world and back out into the real world, usually for people who say they are normal but seem kinda crazy to me.

The better you are with technology the more they expect you to be a freak. I could go to work naked as long as I make than money, they would just lock the door, slide food through the slot in the door and give me a cup to pee in.

When people are not sure whether you are a man or woman you need to be in an environment that tolerates inconsistency well, science and the arts seem to offer this.

KellyJameson
05-16-2012, 01:44 PM
Liked your story Joslyn and you are correct about being mean to others, you will become sick like them filled with rage and hate and always a slave to fear.

If you like to read check out a book called "People of the Lie" by Scott Peck, one of the best examples I have found describing the reasons for the evil people do to each other.

Janelle_C
05-16-2012, 01:54 PM
I've always been a little out side the box. Now that I'm retired I'm on a journey to try and understand my fem side.:rolleyes: The side that most people see is still on the same path, to try and show compassion, love, and be non judgemental.

Lori Robins
05-16-2012, 05:39 PM
I work in the fire service in the rescue section, so my days are in full on boy mode, with some sexy knickers underneath!! As far as my home life, I love to spend time with my beautiful wife, at the moment we are renovating our 100 year old house (bit over it but nearly finished) got a 12.2 metre bus we are converting to a motorhome (wondering about a pole on the top so I can do the Priscilla Queen of the Desert thing!!) and watching rugby (union) Not into TV or gaming but like going to the movies and shopping of course

Deidre
05-16-2012, 06:50 PM
i live in a small town and know alot of people i hung out with the coolest toughest kids most of the time at school i hung out with the people everyone picked on and was the one who stood up for them being well known isnt always a good thing if i go out as i have many time in a cute pair of pants people say stuff behind my back but im getting to the point where i dont care i just want to be me im a full time nursing student and am awsome at working on cars im a classic car freak hehe i want to have my own hot rod shop someday.... maybe i could even be my own pinnup girl hehe

RADER
05-16-2012, 07:44 PM
Hi Joslyn;
You are like many of us; all with a different beginning, but with the end of dressing.
This is a good way to self relieve the pressure of every day work and bills, etc.
I am retired now for about 6 years; ever since retirement, I have had more time, and
since joining this forum, more desire to dress.
My wife is OK with my dressing, witch is good. I only wish she could be a little more
active, but because she has health problems, we stay in the closet.
I do all the house work, and general can dress for doing the work.
Are we all nuts??? I do not think so, just a little on the wild side as a song said.
Rader

YorkshireRose
05-16-2012, 08:09 PM
Hi Joslyn, the "normal me", that is an interesting turn of phrase. Not sure what the "normal me" is? We all evolve through life experiences, so I am not sure I can say what that is, as I regard the drab me and Charlotte as both "normal".
A quick bio then, I am a courier, Truck, not bike, so boring male attire, through the day, then when my kids are not around, out comes Charlotte. My So says that I my fem side really blossoms when i'm dressed, but to my mind, its just another facet to "normal me".

Charlotte

Cheryl T
05-17-2012, 11:05 AM
At work he's in a uniform and just one of the guys. Outside work he's unshaven, in jeans, t-shirt and sneakers all the time. He does all the yard work, snow removal and all that.
While I may not be dressed to the nines all the time I am much more stylish as for the outside work...hire someone, I'll clean and do the laundry.