PDA

View Full Version : Spanner in the works

dominique
05-16-2012, 07:45 AM
Hi all. Yesterday I had the car, my wife was at a conference. So I'd been planning this outing for ages. So I prepared carefully shaved very carefully. Put my make up on carefully as well. Found a good top to wear and put on my new skirt as well. I nice scarf and a suit jacket on. It was the nicest I've been dressed in a while. I was just to put my shoes on and leave. The phone went, it was my daughter who is at college(uk style). I phoned her back she told me that her classes had been called off for the afternoon and come and pick her her at the station. My heart sunk, it was such a downer after all the effort I had put in earlier. With a heavy heart I started to take my make up off and get undressed. I felt it was a waste of time and energy. I know things can happen, but I don't know when I'll get the chance again before the kids go on their summer hols.

Sorry about length had to rant lol
:Angry3:

Kate Simmons
05-16-2012, 08:04 AM
Look at it this way Hon. It wasn't a total waste as you invoked your feminine energies doing what you did do. They go a long way.:battingeyelashes::)

suzy1
05-16-2012, 08:08 AM
I feel for you Dominique. I really do. I know the feeling.

I hope the rant helped.:)

SUZY

Tina B.
05-16-2012, 08:24 AM
Yes life can get in the way, but having the kids at home doesn't last forever, someday you'll be sitting in a dress wondering what your kid is doing!
Tina B.

Kaz
05-16-2012, 08:30 AM
Hi Dominique,

Yeah, been there and have lots of tee-shirts! Life is a beach!

My worst was when my wife and teenage went shopping (allegedly for a few hours) - I did the full on and then heard the car come back 30 mins later!

Quickest turnaround I have ever done... exhausted and totally gone... now they know :)

Miriam-J
05-16-2012, 03:24 PM
Kids changing plans and coming home early ... know that one well. Would be numbers 1-5 on that top ten annoyances thread.

Miriam

Rebecca Star
05-16-2012, 03:36 PM
It can be a drag (no pun intended), but the benefits of having a family sure out weight these little road bumps. And as Tina commented, one day you'll be sitting there all dolled up, kids have moved out and you'll think, I wonder what there up to :)

The only thing I have to worry about these days is our dog getting into my stuff. Tonight he got hold of my reading glasses...Never really liked the frames anyway...lol

Barbara Ella
05-16-2012, 03:48 PM
Yes, I guess kids can put a crimp in life a bit. Why can't they just call an hour or so earlier!! And yes, it probably was the best makeup you had done in quite a while, and the new skirt was killer too. so the rant is worth it. Next time will be even better after this practice run.

At least it was just a call to come pick her up at the station (transportation, and not police station).

Barbara

Alice B
05-16-2012, 03:51 PM
There is an old spanish saying - Caca Pasa. It means "shit happens". We 've all had those moments and they are a bummer. Just look at it as a good practice session for a future time.

RADER
05-16-2012, 04:00 PM
Look at it this way, Thank Goodness she called for a ride. Can you imagine she taking
a cab and just walking in on you dressed, and You just standing their. I understand you lost
fem time, but you gained back your secrete.
Rader

Melissa_59
05-16-2012, 04:34 PM
There's good and bad in everything. My oldest daughter attends a university about 1000 miles from me. I get to see her maybe twice a year? And I miss her. I do get more "me" time, but I love my daughters (the other one is married and living even farther away, and I get to see her every few years) and I do miss them and I don't get to see them often.

My oldest knows about my dressing. The youngest... not yet. Haven't found the right time to tell her.

Lori Robins
05-16-2012, 05:03 PM
Hiya Dominique,
it wasn't a waste of time, how much fun was it getting all dressed up!! It just didn't last as long as it was sposed to, disappointing, but still fun, and its all good practice.

dominique
05-17-2012, 03:16 AM
Thanks for all your comments. It just shows the frustrations that we have to up with.