PDA

View Full Version : My first genuine funny girl moment :)

Lesley_Roberta
05-16-2012, 01:39 PM
Ok it IS funny, because I would not have done this a year ago that's for sure.

I have long been all about pockets. Pockets, clothes must have pockets.

But in the process of trying to make small small steps in the process of the make over, I have experienced a funny girl moment.

And when I realised I had done it, it was just so damned funny.

I have an Asus laptop carry all. It is designed for my laptop naturally. I don't use it for my laptop. That's because my previous laptop required a carry all, and so I went and bought a really good one. Which I use for my laptop even though the other was actually shipped with my laptop.

It's a purse. I don't call it a man bag, it's a purse. I wear it like a purse, and I use it like a purse.

And this morning, I walk in the door to mom's apartment building and I go to get my keys (which I stopped leaving in my back pocket the other day), and it's in my purse.

And I can't find it. And I know it's in there, somewhere. But there is too much junk in my purse. And I am fubbling through all that stuff, well where are my keys?

And it hits me. You'd be able to find them if not for all the junk in your purse you stupid woman.

Granted, I don't have any feminine products in there yet. And I will never need some of them for the obvious reason (guess I should be glad I suppose). But I have a lot of stuff in there. Wallet, Nintendo DS, 3 multi game cases of games, Sony PSP (I use it as an mp3 player), Asus tablet, swiss army knife, lock blade knife, multi tool, other multi tool :) Oh and apparently my keys finally.

Trying to train myself to not need things in my pockets. After all, you can't really look nice with all that junk in skirt pockets. Yes, I was relieved to discover a few skirts have pockets pheww :)

Kate Simmons
05-16-2012, 02:30 PM
Even without the tech stuff I was amazed at all the stuff I had in there even though it was only femme stuff, more or less: car keys, house keys, smokes and lighter (when I smoked), tissues, hair pick, hair brush, comb, perfume, eye shadow, mascara, eye brow pencil, eye liner,face powder compact, blush, lipstick(at least two), wallet,coin purse, pen and note pad. May have been a brick or two in there also, at least it seemed so as heavy as the dang thing was.:)

RADER
05-16-2012, 05:00 PM
My wife has everything but the kitchen sink in her purse. I know, because when we go
anywhere I get to carry it for her. (she is Handy-capped and in a wheel chair)
So I know hat can be in purse for real.
Rader

Melissa_59
05-16-2012, 05:13 PM
I accused my sister of having a bazooka in her purse, because of all the stuff in there. She smiled and said "You never know..." and I said "How do you get it through airport metal detectors?" She grinned and said "Fiberglass shell, silly!"

Sometimes she scares me.

I tend to carry a lot more when I'm in girl mode, but I need the extra gear (lipstick, powder, Quickcrete Mortar Mix, etc). *wink*

Melissa

kimdl93
05-16-2012, 05:33 PM
I have the same problem with my stuff...no matter how carefully I put thing away, inevitability my keys are in the farthest recess of my purse.

Laura912
05-16-2012, 05:48 PM
You forgot metric, standard and Whitworth socket sets.

Kate Simmons
05-16-2012, 05:51 PM
I have the same problem with my stuff...no matter how carefully I put thing away, inevitability my keys are in the farthest recess of my purse.I solved that one Hon. I had one of those big clips on my key ring and clipped it to the rings on my purse strap(so they hung inside). Easy retrieval. Only came out with this after many a floating night (due to drinks) of fumbling for the darn things though.:heehee::)

docrobbysherry
05-16-2012, 07:03 PM
I'm with Karren on this one! Years ago I decided to start wearing ladies jeans because they fit better than men's. Until I found out their pockets r fake! U can hold a few few folded bills, OR some change, OR a set of car keys in a girl's pocket, but no chance of an actual wallet fitting in one! Or, the sets of keys I carry!

Barbara Ella
05-16-2012, 07:22 PM
I just started with a purse two weeks ago, and already it has too much stuff!!!

Barbara

Lesley_Roberta
05-17-2012, 06:46 AM
You forgot metric, standard and Whitworth socket sets.

Actually I have 43 multi tools. Among them, one has a hammer head, one an adjustable wrench head. I have socket sets for two of them, and yes, even torque sets, but they all must have Robertson bits (its a Canadian thing). I have it all, multi tools with wood handle furniture, rubberized, and I even have a matched set (call it mother daughter version).

Oddest thing I have done, is I suppose fix a Hino Leons Furniture delivery truck once with one.

katie_barns
05-17-2012, 07:34 AM
I have been carrying a purse for some time no matter what mode I am in. Because of over crowding I finally decided to have 2. One for male mode one for female. The only thing that gets transferred back and forth is the cell phone. Some things are duplicated in both, like keys. I like big flowery purses in girl mode but just just a leather crossover bag when in male. Each contains the items needed for the mode I am in. Seems to work for me.

Forgot to say. NO matter which purse I have with me. I still can never find my dam keys in it!!!!

Erin McShea
05-17-2012, 07:38 AM
haha...the little things we see when en femme. it's like "oh Now i get it" when we see women do the things they do.

Lesley_Roberta
05-17-2012, 07:54 AM
Just think of the comedy routine connected to 'stuff' and you can see my problem.

I just simply need my stuff.

Not sure I will be seeking out an overtly feminine purse (unless the outfit screams 'you can't take all the junk here for crying out loud').
I just want something that permits my stuff.

I have noticed that purse design is usually nicely compartmentalized. The average purse seems wide across the bottom which is good for capacity.
I have noticed women rarely seem to need to hitch up their purse strap onto their shoulder. I am wondering if the strap on my carryall is merely inherently prone to sliding along the cloth of my shirt. I have pondered attaching something rubber to the movable thingy that distributes weight so it will be better inclined to not do so.

Currently the only doodad I need to give special treatment is my tablet. Admittedly most women likely don't routinely carry a 10.1 inch tablet in their purse :) (well it's a guess).
I might need to train myself to believe one multi tool is enough if only going shopping. I am also thinking I might need to find something a bit less outfit killing than my Sony bluetooth headphones I like to walk about in listening to my music in. Little point I am assuming, in wearing a nice wig for a nice hair do, and wearing those things. My one friend would likely be right then (he thinks I look stupid in them now hehe).

Needing female cosmetics on my person in still new to me. But I am not overly fond of make up (either of me). I likely will be trying to limit it to covering the male pattern facial hair. I confess, I have not even begun to even learn how to do that.

Claire Cook
05-17-2012, 08:06 AM
haha...the little things we see when en femme. it's like "oh Now i get it" when we see women do the things they do.

As the Cowardly Lion said, "Ain't it the truth, ain't it the truth!" Just like everyone else, I learn more about what girls do whenever I'm out and about. Why didn't our mothers bring us up right??? Yeah, I carry gobs more makeup than I need -- but my purse still hasn't reached the stuff quota to match my wife.