PDA

View Full Version : facebook

xcdmargo
05-16-2012, 08:11 PM
How many of you have a femme facebook page?
I do
Do you use it much?

margo

Eryn
05-16-2012, 08:22 PM
Nope, but I don't even have one for my male self. Facebook is having considerable difficulty with privacy issues and unless they give their users positive control over how their data is used I'll probably stay on the sidelines.

YorkshireRose
05-16-2012, 08:23 PM
Hi Margo, no just a male one. Although I hardly visit it to be honest.

Deanna Jeanine
05-16-2012, 08:27 PM
Hi Margo,
I only have a male one, but have thought about making one for Dee.

GinaMarie
05-16-2012, 08:28 PM
No, I don't and will never have a femme Facebook profile. I can't risk being outed outside of this site and by anyone else. That's why anything crossdressing-related stays between me and my mom, and this site.

sarah_alexander
05-16-2012, 08:39 PM
I've had one for each Scott and Sarah for a few years. Never had any problems, and love having a place to post pics of my femme self!

gender_blender
05-16-2012, 09:56 PM
I have a facebook profile for myself, which gets frequently tagged and linked to my modeling photos, and a fan page for my burlesque stuff, where I post some of my modeling photos and backstage candids with the other members of our group.

christinac
05-16-2012, 09:57 PM
I just started a Facebook page for Christina.

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100003846547241

NathalieX66
05-16-2012, 10:03 PM
NathalieLandree.
>>>>>>>>>>

Barbara Ella
05-16-2012, 10:08 PM
I did just start a FB page for Barbara. Nothing for the male. Not worthy.

Barbara

Mrs. G
05-16-2012, 10:57 PM
Just found my SO has one too!

LIKETODRESS2
05-16-2012, 10:57 PM
I have one for my female side

JessHaust
05-16-2012, 11:30 PM
Yes, and I use it far more than this site. All the girls that I know from real life are there and we keep up with whos doing what. I have an account for my male mode, but never use it.

tinysquid
05-16-2012, 11:32 PM
I do.... http://www.facebook.com/EvangelineKent don't use it a ton but it's cool to have...

giuseppina
05-16-2012, 11:37 PM
... Facebook is having considerable difficulty with privacy issues and unless they give their users positive control over how their data is used I'll probably stay on the sidelines.

This is far from a new problem, and the reason I won't touch social media. They have been ordered by Canada's Privacy Commissioner to make changes protecting users' privacy on more than one occasion, at least in Canada.

Cheryl123
05-16-2012, 11:52 PM
The problem I have with FB is that the material you post there remains in their control forever .. on the other hand it is a great place to socialize and meet new friends. I have a very active male site, but not femme The general rule is not to post anything you wouldn't want the whole world to know. If you are worried about being "outed" it's probably best to stay on the sidelines. But that's just me.

Lyndaloves
05-17-2012, 12:41 AM
Got mine

Lynda Love

Lynda

xcdmargo
05-17-2012, 05:29 AM
Thanks for your thoughts. I kinda enjoy mine although it has kind of gotten away from me and I need to thin it out.
This is me
http://www.facebook.com/margo.cevert

mscatie85
05-17-2012, 05:43 AM
Here is mine. I just created it a few days ago.
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100003838205871&ref=tn_tnmn

Sally24
05-17-2012, 05:52 AM
I resisted signing up but my friends got me into it finally. Since I check it on my phone I enjoy being connected to my TG friends between outings.

http://www.facebook.com/sally.cross.39

Carroll
05-17-2012, 05:57 AM
I have one, but as soon as I found out my stepdad had made a friend request, I had to remove all evidence of Carroll. As far as I know he does not know and I don't think he would be too receptive.

Launa
05-17-2012, 07:05 AM
I don't have a girly page. I do have a male one and use it a fair bit, I don't care who looks at my posts but I guess its there forever and if someone ever wants use that info against you in any way, then I guess they can.

Erin McShea
05-17-2012, 07:34 AM
Not for me. don't trust it.

Lesley_Roberta
05-17-2012, 07:40 AM
I am on Facebook as me and the more people in my life that see it the better.

I have links there to my web page, and the more that read it the better.

Privacy issues, I am quite the opposite, not interested in hiding.

But any that wish to add me, please do so with caution for your own selfs.

AndreaCD1963
05-17-2012, 07:47 AM
I have a FB Anyone from CD.com that wants to send a friend request can do so. Link is in my signature.

Sara Jean
05-17-2012, 07:49 AM
dont have one for my guy side but did make one for sara mostly to chat with friends from anime conventions

Joanna41
05-17-2012, 07:55 AM
I have one.... http://www.facebook.com/joanna.hamden.

Kerigirl2009
05-17-2012, 10:24 AM
I just created one a couple weeks ago.

Michelle55
05-17-2012, 11:40 AM
Not for me. don't trust it.

I second that!
I don't even use it to look up other people either.
My wife has one, but doesn't visit it often.

Barbara Jo
05-17-2012, 02:13 PM
FWIW...the founder of facebook has just renounced his US citizenship to avoid paying any taxes. He then, moved to singapore were they have no capital gains tax.

He originally came to the US seeeking political asylam when he was about 13 and became a US citizen ...... now he is on the verge of getting filthy rich because of the facebook IPO and now...... he renounces the US to avoid paying any taxes???
He and Facebook can rot in hell as far as I'm concerned.

Raina G
05-17-2012, 03:25 PM
I have a male and a female FB site, look up Raina G in FB and I'm there

Kelly_Gurl21
05-17-2012, 03:36 PM
I recently made one as well, in an attempt to network and meet others like me :) Please feel free to add me!
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100003850754651

Regan
05-17-2012, 04:36 PM
I have one and love to meet Regan Cross

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100003725352061&sk=info

Regan

sierra_g
05-17-2012, 10:11 PM
Just found my SO has one too!

Here it is! Friend me if you haven't already!
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100003766886392

Sierra ♥

Deidre
05-19-2012, 01:14 AM
hehe i just started on deidre c. sheehan so lets see how it goes

crusadergirl
05-19-2012, 04:18 AM
i have one but not a fan of facebook at this point

Beth Mays
05-19-2012, 05:29 AM
Yes I do use it a lot, I really like chat with others and know what others think about things we can't discuss here. My male account is 95% female friends and Beth's is 99.7% CD. only a very, very select few are friends on both.

Sarah-J
05-19-2012, 05:41 AM
I'm there, but I'm not on it a lot.

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100003743598143

Oilpainter35
05-19-2012, 06:35 AM
I have tried to start one, but get my own facebook page when i request to sign up for a new page. It won't let me sign up for a new page. Just sends me to my original. Have tried different sites as well. AOL, Yahoo, and MSN. Can anyone tell me how to get a new page ? I would love to start one. Thanks, Ellii

Ashlee
06-15-2012, 11:41 AM
just started one, bear with me. need some time....got rid of myspace (about time I know..)
Ashlee Dell

Please send a request to me, would love to friend with all of you.

Jennifer W
06-15-2012, 12:39 PM
I have one under my male name only. Not interested in starting a fem one, but I don't have a problem adding anyone from here

lianatcharles
06-15-2012, 02:12 PM
HI margo,

I've been using fb for my female persona and it's been great getting to know some of the other CDs out there and doing networking.

Anyone feel free to add me: http://www.facebook.com/liana.charles

Xrys
06-15-2012, 05:27 PM
I still have an account for Joe, but havn't made one for Xrys yet. I just don't get on often enough for it to be worth it.

Angiemead12
06-15-2012, 06:01 PM
I got one, please add me Angelina Mead, or click my link below

Mikaela
06-15-2012, 06:35 PM
I use it to keep in touch with the folks I know in the local TG community.

lisagurl
06-15-2012, 07:24 PM
I have one tooo please add me :)

tara t
06-15-2012, 09:02 PM
i just created one . tara tootall . same av . would be delighted with a few friend requests

Tracii G
06-15-2012, 09:41 PM
I have a facebook profile for myself, which gets frequently tagged and linked to my modeling photos, and a fan page for my burlesque stuff, where I post some of my modeling photos and backstage candids with the other members of our group.

Nice page and great photos!

xcdmargo
06-15-2012, 11:18 PM
I've sent friend requests to those of you I could find.
Oil Painter you have to use a different browser. For example my guy one is on aol and my Margo one is on mozilla.

celeste26
06-16-2012, 12:49 AM
I'm too old school for Facebook, I dont even have a cell phone. Just one more complication in my life I dont need.

Kat42
06-16-2012, 02:11 AM
Nyet for moi on either side. As many have previously mentioned, there are too many concerns with the ever shifting privacy settings. Also as a friend pointed out, at FB *YOU* are the product. I'm not going there.

Shannon C.
06-16-2012, 02:32 AM
I don't have a FB page for Shannon, but I have given it some thought. My only concern is that if I friend people that know about me, that would allow other people that I haven't told to find out. I guess I shouldn't really care, but given my profession which can be a very small world I think its better if I keep things off facebook. Maybe one day I will just get tired of how people perceive me and start a profile.

Sophia Claire
06-16-2012, 03:19 AM
actually the thought had occurred to me. Problem is that my entire ultra-religious, ultra-conservative, ultra-large family is active on FB, so I'd have to come up with a fake last name to throw them off the scent. It just seems like a lot of work for not much payoff.

That and I've yet to make a good pic of myself. Once I get a wig and some makeup (and a butt enhancer, for God's sake, girl! Flat as a board!), I'm sure I'll be quite pretty but right now, I'm very obviously a guy wearing a women's outfit.

Youkje
06-16-2012, 06:24 AM
actually the thought had occurred to me. Problem is that my entire ultra-religious, ultra-conservative, ultra-large family is active on FB, so I'd have to come up with a fake last name to throw them off the scent. It just seems like a lot of work for not much payoff.

That and I've yet to make a good pic of myself. Once I get a wig and some makeup (and a butt enhancer, for God's sake, girl! Flat as a board!), I'm sure I'll be quite pretty but right now, I'm very obviously a guy wearing a women's outfit.

You'd need a new clean e-mail accout for it to. As facebook searches trough peoples contact lists.

anonymousinmaryland
06-16-2012, 08:03 AM
I'm on Facebook as myself. I use ExperienceProject.com as anonymousinmaryland. A busy place. As clean as you want it, or dirty if you wish. I also blog there. Best wishes.

Cherise
07-21-2012, 10:09 AM
Just created one in the last few months. It's not much but is still a work in progress. Feel free to add me...

http://www.facebook.com/MadameCherise

Raychel
07-21-2012, 10:24 AM
Had one at one point in time, But it showed iup on my wifes pages possible friends. Scary. I hope fmy father didn't see it. Since that account has been deleted.

Sarah Doepner
07-21-2012, 10:35 AM
The biggest problem I had was my computer wanted to cross connect my Sarah friends with my Dave friends and that was a bad idea. I downloaded Safari and Google Chrome as alternate web access portals and set up my Sarah Facebook page on one of them. There haver been no problems in keeping the two distinct and I have used both extensively and enjoy spending way too much time on each one. My facebook address is part of my signature line.

Patrice_CD
07-21-2012, 09:39 PM
I've been on fb for awhile. I'm out and about all the time so it's not an issue to me. My fb link is in my sig :)

Tara D. Rose
07-21-2012, 10:03 PM
No, I don't have one and I never will have a facebook account. Of course there is privacy issues, but potential employers or even your current employer will look you up and possibly fire you for many reasons they could find there. Maybe just because of the friends you have there and or your friends political views, etc, or critisizing your company. Plus I have read, maybe it's true or not, don't take it to the bank, but that the CIA was the major push behind the creation of FB, to keep even more tabs on society. So, if I want to contact friends, I will just send them an email. Still the GOV can track all of that on me as well, but at least I can keep my employer in the dark about me being a CD or my political views, etc.
Also I'd like to ask, for I do not know, but is it true that once you have joined FB, you cannot ever quit it at all? I even worry about employers that may have the facial recognition softwear and search your pics on your employee I.D. badge and find me on here? Though it's not against the law to be a CD, but I have heard of cases where they will fire you for another reason, while the real reason could be what we may have said on facebook, or anywhere for that matter. I'm only a member on this site and flickr only, but no pics. I guess a gurl's got to take her chances somewhere. I do sometimes worry of my images on here. Plus I do worry that if, Sharia gets passed over our judicial system, as they have taken over much of Austrailia , Germany, and Britian with their unlimited trillion$, buying lawmakers to vote that in, when and if that gets done, we on here will all be doomed.

Tara

xcdmargo
07-22-2012, 07:34 AM
I've had one for quite awhile and enjoy it. I did set mine up on google chrome and am very careful to not have friends who could connect in any way to my guy facebook page. As long as you use a different browser like chrome or foxfire you should be fine.

http://www.facebook.com/margo.cevert

BLUE ORCHID
07-22-2012, 10:03 PM
Hi Margo I don't trust FB and don't need it.

Sophia Claire
07-24-2012, 01:49 AM
http://www.facebook.com/sophia.tetricht

tara t
08-11-2012, 10:17 PM
i would just like to say thanks to the girl on here that i kinda outed myself to by mistake on facebook . im was pretty freaked and embarresed . thanks for being so nice about it .

Jinny M
08-11-2012, 11:00 PM
I have one for both , Here is Jinny's ; I'm always looking for friends So if any would like to friend request me that'd be great. http://www.facebook.com/jinny.mini.5

Davena Doll
08-11-2012, 11:28 PM
You know I just typed on one of your FB pages and it showed my brother and all my family............that is some spooky sh**. but i was thinking about doing it any how as Davena Doll.

Missy
08-12-2012, 01:47 AM
i do and yes i use it more then my male face book page

nimacross
08-12-2012, 02:01 AM
my page
http://facebook.com/​crossnima
pls add me

Beverley Sims
08-12-2012, 07:02 AM
You know I just typed on one of your FB pages and it showed my brother and all my family............that is some spooky sh**. but i was thinking about doing it any how as Davena Doll.

It is because of the invisible links that I do not use social media.
This is the closest I need to get

Saffron
08-12-2012, 07:07 AM
I just created a facebook account to add you girls :)

http://www.facebook.com/SaffronCR

JessicaVal
08-12-2012, 07:19 AM
I have a Facebook page too, but I like to keep my friends lists small. So, if you know me, or want to know me, drop me a PM!

KendraCD2012
08-12-2012, 11:07 AM
i have a facebook also for my female side, its http://www.facebook.com/?sk=welcome#!/bballgirl2009 and u girls can add me if u want to, i definitey need a picture of myself posted someday lol.

SabrinaDubh
08-12-2012, 12:28 PM
Yup. Just waiting to see how long it is before one of my non TG friends find it. :)

Cindia
08-12-2012, 01:56 PM
Tami has one, but doesn't use it too often. Mostly when I want to look up other girls that have one. As some said before, my non PG rated stuff is on experience project

RachelPortugal
08-12-2012, 02:52 PM
You'd need a new clean e-mail accout for it to. As facebook searches trough peoples contact lists.

Only if you give them permission to do so, when they offer to help you "find friends".

I keep all my addresses in Outlook, never at my webmail accounts, so they can't get at the info if I was to mistakenly ask their help to find friends. I will find my own friends, thank you FB. As it is my FB account is for my male persona and business. May get account for Rachel if I think it will be beneficial in the future, but not now.

Pexetta
08-12-2012, 04:22 PM
I did just this a month ago - but I only invited my non-IRL friends to join me in my new identity. They all came along for the ride too, I was quite touched.

The strangest thing about it was the sudden barrage of ads for weight loss and dates with single men. 'Welcome to our world' commented a GG friend.

Davena Doll
08-14-2012, 12:02 AM
I was looking more into FB. So they can see me looking at what I have been looking at on the web. Do I need every family member and friend looking at that I have been looking at Crossdressers.com all day. I will think about this some more. Talk about coming out of the closet.

Sarah-Ann
08-14-2012, 08:53 PM
I have a fb page for my female persona, and I use it more than my male fb page. I enjoy the freedom it gives me to be able to make friends, and be myself on fb as Sarah. Here is the link if you care to friend me. Sarah's Facebook Page (http://www.facebook.com/sarahann.davis.1)

Yolanda_Voils
08-24-2012, 08:59 PM
I do but use a diff browser to keep them separate (sign-on)

In fact, you may note my FB link in my sig.

Ellyn
08-25-2012, 12:23 AM
It is because of the invisible links that I do not use social media.
This is the closest I need to get Wise move. An aquaintance joined Facebook, then resigned after learning who is behind it. Then she joined Twitter, and to her surprise she got invitations to link to two people who she knew on Facebook. She cancelled Twitter too. Some believe that they are BIB BROTHER spy operations to catalogue everyone and who they know.

Facebook is a CIA Databank - henrymakow.com
12 Nov 2011 ... The Associated Press reported November 4 that the CIA has an entire center dedicated to monitoring Facebook and Twitter. They also monitor ...

www.henrymakow.com/facebook_is_orwellian_wet_drea.html

Antoinette
08-25-2012, 03:30 AM
Yup its in my sig. <(*-*v)

Lee Andrews
08-25-2012, 09:05 AM
I'd love to but you hear so many stories about your female side reaching out to your male sides friends via the who you might know BS on Facebook. If Lee ever showed up on my wifes 'Who you might know' list she would kill me. Some days I'd love to just get it out there that this is me and live with it people but we have an agreement that it will not happen. She even has a bit of a problem with me posting pictures on this site but as I've said to her if someone here pegs me then we have more in common than we already do.

GrayGirl83
09-17-2012, 10:43 AM
www.facebook.com/graygirl83

I find that I post more often to that one than to my neglected boy one lol