PDA

View Full Version : Guys will be girls

Cynthia Anne
05-16-2012, 10:06 PM
Carrie Underwood is having a concert in Springfield Missouri! KTTS radio station has a concert contest going for guys only! Rules; you must dress as a girl! Shave legs ect! Winner gets front roll seats and back stage passes! Oh what fun that can be! Hugs!

Barbara Ella
05-16-2012, 10:13 PM
Did not realize Carrie was into that. More power to her. If the radio station does it for her concert, she endorses it by proxy. You go girl.

Barbara

Beth Mays
05-16-2012, 10:21 PM
would be a fun concert!

Marleena
05-16-2012, 10:29 PM
I sure like that news Cynthia.:) I wonder how many new CD'ers will emerge?lol.

Carrie may be on to something.

donnatracey
05-16-2012, 10:36 PM
My new fav country singer!...............:heehee:

Julogden
05-16-2012, 10:38 PM
Everyone sign up! The best Carrie Underwood lookalike wins! ;)
http://www.ktts.com/events/promotions/150637655.html

Marleena
05-16-2012, 10:53 PM

Wow! That is so cool!

Chickhe
05-16-2012, 11:45 PM
Cool. That's what CDing should be about...just plain fun. I think Carrie would be out of my league, but I did do a pretty convincing Joan Jett one year!

Sallee
05-17-2012, 12:19 AM
sounds like a great challenge

Leslie Langford
05-17-2012, 12:44 AM
According to the KTTS website:

"...If your man is the best Carrie Underwood...you will win a pair of FRONT ROW tickets to Carrie's show at JQH Arena on October 28th PLUS backstage passes to meet Carrie! Runner up contestants will also walk away with a pair of tickets to the show...!"

Nothing like getting the SO's involved demanding that their husbands, boyfriends etc. go all out to dress up as Carrie so that they can win a pair of those coveted front row tickets for the two of them! We should all be so lucky...;)

Rebecca W.
05-17-2012, 05:18 AM
I went on the web site and it is at the radio station between 6:30am and 8:30am, on May 18th. I hope that they post all of the pictures! Such fun.:) We need to petition our local radio stations to do the same.:battingeyelashes:
How cool to meet her dressed like her:o
Any girls on here that can get to the station?

Claire Cook
05-17-2012, 05:38 AM
I went on the web site and it is at the radio station between 6:30am and 8:30am, on May 18th. I hope that they post all of the pictures! Such fun.:) We need to petition our local radio stations to do the same.:battingeyelashes:

Yes, we need a full report -- way cool. Let's hope this catches on!

Sara Jessica
05-17-2012, 07:24 AM
Hey, it sounds like neat fun and all that but don't think for a second that this is anything but a radio prank. Read "radio station between 6:30 a.m. & 8:30 a.m." as being equal to "morning show hi-jinx" which certainly will be at the expense of the participants...all in good fun of course, right?!?!

I doubt it was even Carrie's idea.

Leslie Langford
05-17-2012, 08:23 AM
Hmmm - good point Jessica....

I wonder if Howard Stern has anything to do with this, given that this is exactly his kind of shtick, not to mention his well-known penchant for crossdressing? :thinking:

kimdl93
05-17-2012, 09:15 AM
Interesting that a C&W entertainer is promoting CDing. So being the "best Carrie Underwood" is the goal. If that's the case, the winner will be a CDr that is totally busted...or may find a whole new life style awaits!

Sally24
05-17-2012, 10:34 AM
They did that in Boston awhile back with "dress like a diva". The catch was that they awarded tickets an hour before the show so the poor guy had to sit thru the whole concert like that!

Sarah Doepner
05-17-2012, 10:40 AM
It will be very interesting to see what level of interest this attracts. I'm guessing there is at least one, nearly professional female impersonator in the area who will win, hands down, and a lot of poorly done guys will be very uncomfortable. Post links if there are photos available after the concert.

docrobbysherry
05-17-2012, 10:45 AM
Thanks, Carol! Before I read that, it sounded like it was to be karaoke contest! With Underwood's records being the only choices.

They did that in Boston awhile back with "dress like a diva". The catch was that they awarded tickets an hour before the show so the poor guy had to sit thru the whole concert like that!
Does THAT sound like punishment to u, Sally? I guess it depends on far u'd go to win!? Personally, I mite not mind staying dressed thru the show! But, if not, while it may take me hours to dress, I can get it all off in 10 minutes, max! How long does it take u?

Myranda
05-17-2012, 10:59 AM
The last couple of years, Mix 104.1 in Boston has had a contest: Dress like a Lady, to Play with Tom Brady.

Cynthia Anne
05-17-2012, 12:08 PM
This was not Carrie's idea! She does know about it though! The report I got from the radio station ''with a grin she's holding comments till a later date''! Hugs!

lisalove
05-18-2012, 10:05 PM
I saw a bit of it on the news this morning. They interviewed a few of the "girls". Unfortunatly I didn't see the one "girl" who was standing in the background, who to me looked the best. The one they did interview did put some effort into their look, but they were a far cry from Carrie looks.

Julogden
05-19-2012, 12:46 AM
Click here (http://www.ktts.com/photos/photoalbum/152045495.html?page=1) for photos of the contestants.

Carol

k lynn
05-19-2012, 03:57 AM
Theres no way I could look like Carrie Underwood but I will be going to see her perform in St.Loius

Rebecca W.
05-19-2012, 05:31 AM
It looks like the contestants had lots of fun and I will work on convincing my local station to do the same. If we all spread the idea to our respective stations it will help to put us girls into the public eye more often. The girl in frame #14 is really cute and I hope that she won the grand prize. From what I read, they all won tickets to the concert so cool.:o

Marleena
05-19-2012, 06:44 AM
That was so cool! Looks like a couple of the girls have had some "practice" though. Looks like they all had fun.:)

Sara Jessica
05-19-2012, 07:56 AM
It looks like the contestants had lots of fun and I will work on convincing my local station to do the same. If we all spread the idea to our respective stations it will help to put us girls into the public eye more often. The girl in frame #14 is really cute and I hope that she won the grand prize. From what I read, they all won tickets to the concert so cool.:o

I'm not having the same opinion. This sort of thing does nothing to put our community in the public eye in a positive light. It is simply "hey, let's get guys to wear dresses and stuff because that's always good for a laugh".

Not one of those contestants looks as if they are representing anything but their attempt to score concert tickets. Not one of them is likely to make any impression on the Muggles other than some people will do anything for a freebie. It says NOTHING about our community in general.