PDA

View Full Version : Feel so good today - does your CDing relieve stress?

Rebecca Star
05-17-2012, 12:42 AM
Hi everyone,

I really should have been in bed hours ago but, this morning I just felt like trying on my new clothes and hanging around in girly mode, so that's what I've been doing. It's been a really fun day and I find when I do this my stress levels really decrease.

Do you sometime use CDing as an outlet for stress?

jaye_cd
05-17-2012, 02:22 AM
I find that it's a terrific way for me to unwind after a stressful day.

Antoinette
05-17-2012, 02:41 AM
It does sometimes, though the stress comes back when I don't have the chance to go out dressed. Or just dress whenever I feel. (-_-v)

erickka
05-17-2012, 05:22 AM
A nice bubble bath, thorough shave, then put on some comfy casual clothes and light perfume, always soothe this savage beast.

Cynthia Anne
05-17-2012, 05:47 AM
There is no better stress reliever that I know of! Stay dressed and live longer! Hugs!

lauraabdl
05-17-2012, 06:08 AM
These days staying dressed 24/7 since surgery has been a god send and I haven't been more relaxed in I can't remember when. I'm thinking about staying dressed from now on, only change for the occassional repair job that the customer dosen't know so as to keep work comeing in.:):heehee:

Miranda09
05-17-2012, 06:10 AM
I've been discovering that dressing after I come home from work is a great way for me to unwind and relax. I've been doing this everyday for the past year! :)

gender_blender
05-17-2012, 06:23 AM
I frequently change into Bridal lingerie, heels, veil and designer bridal gown after getting out of work and relax in my computer room at home.

sissystephanie
05-17-2012, 06:26 AM
Being the age I am and also being retired I rarely ever have any stress!! However, being dressed enfemme always makes me feel very good! I usually dress enfemme at least part of every day!!

cindybabe
05-17-2012, 06:42 AM
yes, its the best way of beating stress

Lorenqt
05-17-2012, 07:59 AM
I used to use dressing as bolth a sexual outlet and a stress relief. Now I do it because I want to. It's more of a this is who I am, this is what I want to do thing.

Crissy Kay
05-17-2012, 08:02 AM
Yes, I belive it does help to a large degree, at least in my case!!!

sweetchick
05-17-2012, 08:04 AM
Dressing enfemme is a way of being complete and being conplete reduces the stress level, so enjoy your wholeness when ever you can.

Kate Simmons
05-17-2012, 08:07 AM
It used to Hon but now, for myself at least, it's more of a "The clothes fit the person." type thing.:)

Meg East
05-17-2012, 08:28 AM
Being semi-retired I usually don't have to be anywhere at a specific time so my cd'ing has morphed from being a stress reliever to being a life choice.

Michelle_NY
05-17-2012, 09:42 AM
absolutely every time I dress it does wonders for me

Erin McShea
05-17-2012, 09:58 AM
Totally relaxes me! Like a different person...lol

Michaelasfun
05-17-2012, 10:18 AM
Absolutely. Like erickka says, nothing beats a bubble bath and some me-time grooming and donning something more comfortable, it's a great refuge.

Stephanie Michelle
05-17-2012, 10:27 AM
For me its almost as good as getting a massage. I can feel the stress of the day or week melt away. Its like I have slept for a week straight.

Cheryl T
05-17-2012, 10:47 AM
I used to use it for that, but then coming out to my wife completely 7 or so years ago relieved all that stress. The stress the rest of the world imposes is minimal now, so now I would say definitely no. I dress because it's who and what I am. It helps me feel complete.

Dana_cd
05-17-2012, 10:54 AM
when I get home or start getting alittle cranky dressing always calms me down,, even my wife tells me get dressed and go out for awhile,, I've found I even sleep much better after dressing and being out,,,specially cuz I almost always sleep in a nitegown,,,,

Sarah Doepner
05-17-2012, 11:04 AM
It works for me. And I found that if I went too long without being able to dress, I'd start getting cranky. As with others who have come out to the wife, it's less likely that I get to that point any more.

Stephanie47
05-17-2012, 11:12 AM
Anytime a person can indulgence their fantasy, work on hobbies, go fishing, or doll herself up in feminine clothing there is relief of stress. Being retired I can pretty much satisfy my inner being's desire to appear en femme. I am firmly convinced it is possible to have a dual personality with both sexes trying to have time to express themselves. Due to the nature of society when you have male genitals, it is pretty self evident society molds a male to act a certain way. The same with females. How would you feel if you could not express yourself? I'd feel like crap. When Stephanie comes out to play, stress is totally eliminated. The boundaries established for Stephanie are totally different than her twin brother.

I will totally agree that cross dressing may be stressful, only because the inner woman cannot express herself. She is crying to come out. Although I am in a DADT relationship my wife knows. Since she is not a fan of my cross dressing, it would be stressful to push my cross dressing in her face. That would be stressful for her and Stephanie. So I do not do it. When I have adequate time for Stephanie to come out, she does those chores society has deemed appropriate for her; baking, cooking, housework, etc. As long as Stephanie may wear a pretty dress, lacy slip, appropriate undergarments and heels, she is satisfied.

As a sidebar, I'd say Stephanie has helped her twin brother cope with his PTSD. Although her twin brother engaged in some cross dressing prior to military service, Stephanie stayed home. Now she pushes those thoughts out of their mutually inhabited mass of protoplasm and gives him some R&R. Cross dressing may actually be a way to relieve combat stress.

RADER
05-17-2012, 05:00 PM
I have noticed that my blood pressure goes down when I get even partly dressed.
Yes I agree, dressing does relax you. How, I do not care, I just love the feeling.
Rader

Billie Jean
05-17-2012, 05:50 PM
Sometimes it does and other times I feel exhilerated. The later when I get dressed up and go out. Billie Jean

Sandra1746
05-17-2012, 09:12 PM
Even though I am retired I do find dressing en-fem to be very relaxing.

Hugs,
Sandra1746

cathie pantyhose
05-18-2012, 01:21 AM
OH YES! Complete release of happiness to put on some heels, hose and a dress as well as some other accents. I love the feel of dressing up it's such a release. I just walk around the house or watch tv while dressed en fem. Now if I could experience it out on the town...My heart my explode from excitement.

Deidre
05-18-2012, 02:46 AM
100% hehe it makes me feel as if im a new person i agree with stephanie47 on that :)

urmila11
05-18-2012, 07:52 AM
yes it is very relaxing especially after a tough day at office. when i dress up in our traditional dress of saree, blouse with the underskirt, panty and bra and start doing the house work including cooking, it completely relieves me of all the stress and makes me relaxed and happy

AndreaCD1963
05-18-2012, 07:58 AM
I suppose, if I think about it - yes, it is a definite stress reliever. It's a form of escape from the everyday.

Of course it does bring it's own stresses ... is my hair right? is my makeup right? does this top match my skirt? is my cleavage right or did it slip again? will one of the kids come home from school early?

RitaCD
05-18-2012, 10:14 AM
Absolutely. In fact I can feel the stress building if I go too long without dressing up and seeing Rita again.

Barbara Ella
05-18-2012, 10:34 AM
I also am retired, so work stress is not a problem, but just the stress buildup from not dressing is wonderfully relieved when I can put on the dress or skirt, and more. Then the stress builds up again, and i now want to go out after I dress, and this now needs relieving so it is a two edged sword now, stress to dress, and stress to travel. I suppose there is a third level, to take the outings to an even higher level, but am concentrating on just the going out stress right now, and the relief is so so satisfying. JUST DO IT!

Barbara

Cassie Weber
05-18-2012, 11:03 AM
I find that it's a huge stress reliever. I'm lucky enough to be able to work from home occasionally and those are always my favorite days of the week!

katie_barns
05-18-2012, 11:50 AM
For me it's more of a different frame of mind I am in when dressed. I am more comfortable, and at ease. From that perspective it can be a stress reliever.

phylisanne
05-18-2012, 12:11 PM
you are 100%correct.

NicoleScott
05-18-2012, 01:08 PM
I think stress relief is a by-product of crossdressing, not a primary reason to do it. If you aren't already a crossdresser, you wouldn't say to yourself "I'm stressed - I think I'll crossdress for relief." If all your reasons for being stressed were suddenly removed, would you quit crossdressing?

katie_barns
05-18-2012, 01:27 PM
I think stress relief is a by-product of crossdressing, not a primary reason to do it. If you aren't already a crossdresser, you wouldn't say to yourself "I'm stressed - I think I'll crossdress for relief." If all your reasons for being stressed were suddenly removed, would you quit crossdressing?

Nicely stated! Give the girl a prize.

Kaz
05-18-2012, 01:41 PM
I find that it relieves stress but also induces a different sort of stress! I feel naturally happier dressed, but dressing creates all sorts of stresses and tensions that I sometimes wish I didn't have...

Sandy Michaels
05-18-2012, 02:11 PM
It's not what got me into dressing, but it is what keeps me doing it. when you have a life as "colerful" as mine. you need to something to help you deal with it. when i'm dressed, i'm Sandy. a girl who loves thigh highs and cuddling with someone special. when i can't dress, coming to this site is a suitable subsitute. i don't know what i would do with out dressing, or this site.

Rebecca W.
05-19-2012, 06:38 AM
When I started crossdressing, it was was for the look and the sensation of being dressed as a girl. Now it also relieves stress as I am now in my Rebecca mode. I take comfort in the softness and the way womens clothes gently hug my body. So soothing and so relaxing and the crazy world just melts away for me. Sure beats medication or intoxication. Would you go to jail while under the influence of being a crossdresser?:)

Raychel
05-19-2012, 06:51 AM

I would have to agree with this statement as well. It sure does change my whole mindset, It does take my mind off all the other issues in my life. But I think stress relief is mor eif a by-product as well.

Tina B.
05-19-2012, 08:34 AM
Since I retired years ago, and dress pretty much at will these days stress had not been a factor I've thought about much in years, but recently both the wire and I have been going through some medical things that have brought on a lot of stress. I even had a rash from it I think, well we had been busy with doctors and such, with no time for myself, and filled with worry about the both of us. I finally found a day or two with out doctor apponitments, and was in a dress as soon as i got out of bed, after two days dressed, I've settled down, the rash is going away, and the wife says I'm a lot calmer. If she says it's a stress reliver, I have to belive it, I'm just not sure which one of us gets the most relief.
Tina B.

Tara D. Rose
05-19-2012, 09:04 AM
I have also for years have found it to be a great way to releive stress as well. And not being able to become Tara most times really does build up my anxieties. As someone said above, that the stress releif aspect of it it a by-product of the dressing but not the reason for doing it though. I have a tough job with a lot of stress and my marriage has it's ups and downs as well, so for me, it is stress from the time I get out of bed till I get back in the bed at night. I need that fix real badly right now, I know I would be so much calmer.

reb.femme
05-19-2012, 12:58 PM
Hi Rebecca,

I had the very same pink fog last night. Put on my make-up, got dressed, had a couple of JD and Cokes and next thing, I had all my hangers out trying on my tops.
Once in that mind set, I can't resist the camera and was up until 3 this morning. My eyes are feeling the effects now as I only had 4 or so hours before I had to get up. Glory.....I wouldn't change this at all :o

Rebecca x

Ayame
05-19-2012, 01:17 PM
It doesn't get rid of stress at all for me. When I'm stressed, the last thing on my mind is making myself pretty. Often when I put work into my appearance, I'm already in a good and confident mood.

Barbara Jo
05-19-2012, 02:37 PM
For me, it's the exact opposite of most here. I also only "dress" when I have no stress.
However, I do wear panties 24/7.

Samantha_Smile
05-19-2012, 06:37 PM
Stress is one of the main motivational factors in my dressing.
INFACT - My GF asked me tonight "are you dressing tonight?"
(Ive recently been pissed off with not being able to get my minecraft server up and running, and Ive been pouring over it for weeks)
I replied "Well I hadn't considered it", because I hadn't, her reply came
"Well you know you usually calm down when you're dressed, you spot things that were otherwise right in you face"

My girl knows who I am when dressed better than I do.
(I sorted it in drab, but thats not the point.)

Being dressed DOES calm me down.
I cant really say much more.

Miriam-J
05-19-2012, 08:37 PM
It does help me to relieve stress, as long as I don't get too focused on the dressing up. Just a simple dress with little or no makeup, or even a nightgown. Some earrings, and maybe a wig. May not look like much, but it feels great. Hard to do when the teenager is around, but otherwise it's great.

Miriam