PDA

View Full Version : My best Friend

Kerigirl2009
05-17-2012, 10:40 AM
I cant believe what just happened. My best friend whom I have known for the last 23 years knows about me now. We where texting eachother and discussing a few personal things and he replied to me "a couple times you where a bit over done" I asked him what he meant and he said "sometimes I think your wearing makeup" I always said if someone asks me straight out I would be honest, well I kept to my internal word, I admitted that I like make up, then he mentioned the pink panties a bit later in the text messages.
He doesn't care one way or the other, as he said "I can't do normal things and not feel shy" So I may be ready to be around others but they may not "
A bit of wisdom from him I guess,

I am hopeful that he will remain the same with me as he has always been, but now I think he understands a bit more about me however, he says he does not understand why a good looking guy would want to look like a girl.

I told him its an internal need to feel like I belong in the right body and its been that way for most of my life.
So overall, I would say it went really good and I have my fingers and toes crossed that we will still remain friends now that he knows I am a crossdresser.

kimdl93
05-17-2012, 11:26 AM
I have to admire your ability to stick to your commitment. It speaks well of your friend that he noticed but decided to keep his questions to himself until he had a chance to address them with you privately. From his reaction, it seems that he has an open mind and is willing to let you be yourself. Congratulations.

Veronnie2
05-17-2012, 11:45 AM
Best friends sometimes become better friends. A good friend of mine was doing some remodeling work at his house and i was asked to help. In the process of working with him he noticed my jeans had slid down some revealing my pink panties. he said nothing until later when we were enjoying a couple of beers. He asked me if I was wearing panties. My first reaction was an inward fear of being outed by him. I fessed up and said yes. This led to a long conversation of Q and A. The out come was he was totally Ok with me and my dressing. He later asked to see me all dressed up if it would be Ok with me. Two weeks later he came over and he saw me all dressed and made up. We went out to eat dinner and have since gone out many times. Just two friends, nothing else. If he wants me as his man friend then Ron is there, if he wants my femme side then Veronnica is there. He likes us both with no apparent reservations or prejudices. He is a great friend and confidant. Veronnie2

Shannon C.
05-17-2012, 11:57 AM
For me its always a great feeling after sharing my true self with close friends. It gives you another person to talk to and confide in when things get tough. There are always questions but I feel that if I answer them honestly that it will lead to a closer relationship with those friends and family. Although I haven't come clean with all my friends it is an ever growing process as I become comfortable in my own skin. The relationships that I have with my friends have not changed after they know who I truely am and those are the friends that you want to hang onto. I have not been dressed in front of my friends yet, but I feel that that time is coming sometime soon.

Cynthia Anne
05-17-2012, 12:16 PM
If you can't trust your best friend then they were not your best friend in the first place! Now you will ''find out who your friends are''! Here's hopeing the best for you! Hugs!

Wildaboutheels
05-17-2012, 01:28 PM
Only time will tell. I know very few people who can or will keep a secret. Apparently he has known for some time and never brought it up before your recent conversation?

I think everyone has some type of skeleton in the closet so to speak. Some type of quirk, if not a few, that society does not consider to be "normal". I work with a very large number of people and every single one is different in so many ways.

Good friends are not easy to come by. Hopefully he is open minded enough that after 23 years, he realizes that being a CD does not change the person you are.

~Joanne~
05-17-2012, 02:12 PM
I wish you the best but I have always looked at it this way, if he was a true friend, nothing will ever change that. if it does, he wasn't as much of a friend as you thought.

suzy1
05-17-2012, 02:23 PM
Seems to me it’s a test of if he is a friend or a real friend. Real friends are worth there weight in gold.

Good Luck.

SUZY

Sara Jessica
05-17-2012, 03:12 PM
It's a nice outcome so far that hopefully will continue in a positive light. And your tale makes me think of on of my best friends (of 25 years) who has detected some feminine leaking ("your daddy smells like a girl", a subtle call-out on the eyebrows). Yet despite my having the exact same resolve as you, it has yet to come to that because an actual conversation has never really started. Hopefully when and if it ever comes to that, I will have the ability to face it head on with grace as you have done.

Miriam-J
05-17-2012, 08:27 PM
Sounds like an interesting opportunity to enrich a friendship, and to grow your own circle of acceptance. But, just as one would with a spouse, take it slow and easy and see where it leads. Good luck.

Miriam

Kerigirl2009
05-18-2012, 07:06 AM
Interesting comments so far. For this particuliar friend, We have been not only friends but also work with eachother almost everyday. He has pretty much been the same laid back person that I first met as a teenager. He is very predictable to what he likes and dislikes.
He did surprise me quite a bit in the way that he rationalized about us crossdressers, basically he said alot of manly men do it, so its not a big deal I guess.

Kaz
05-18-2012, 07:12 AM
An elderly colleague at work quite a few years said to me, "there is nothing you could say to me that would lessen my respect for you". I have never forgotten it and it is a very empowering statement and feeling. It also worked both ways!

Rita C.
05-18-2012, 07:22 AM
Keri we are all proud of you for being open and honest . if we all would be that way we would have a easy road to walk down. keep up the honesty good luck girl, Rita

xxprincess_tiffyxx
05-20-2012, 03:30 PM
That's too totally awesome :) hope it all goes well and I'm sure it will.
I have some friends who I've known like forever and have told and they all totally accept it and support me. It's too cool. You'll find true friends are just that, "true friends" :)