PDA

View Full Version : First time in public in skirt

Bunny Girl Zoe
05-18-2012, 11:08 AM
First time out in public yesterday in skirt and tights with 2.5" heels and received no negative from anyone got few glances but think that was more to do with my height as I 6 foot 2 and that's without heels. So went on in skirt again today and again no problems.

Linda St. John
05-18-2012, 11:25 AM
Way to go !!! Zoe...you look great ...I'm tall and you inspire me to go out in a skirt and heels instead of jeans and flats :daydreaming::)

Traci Elizabeth
05-18-2012, 12:25 PM
Here a skirt, there a skirt, everywhere a skirt skirt! Congrats!

chelseababy
05-18-2012, 12:31 PM
Grats :) Careful with the strong northern winds!!

Cynthia Anne
05-18-2012, 12:44 PM
That's great Zoe! Keep smileing and have the fun you deserve! Hugs!

Bunny Girl Zoe
05-18-2012, 02:42 PM
So happy to of made step as opens up options on what to wear as can have jeans or leggings day or skirt or dress day.

RADER
05-18-2012, 03:13 PM
Thats Supper; glad you made it out of the shell.
Now if I could only do the same.
Rader

Kaz
05-18-2012, 03:42 PM
Just get out there and be you! :) xx

Sandra1746
05-18-2012, 03:47 PM
It sounds like you had a fun experience and everything went well. That's super.
A skirt is my next big step. Exactly when is TBD...

Congratulations and good luck,
Sandra1746

JohnH
05-18-2012, 04:04 PM
I guess I'm little blasé about wearing skirts - I wear denim skirts all the time instead of shorts along with a T-shirt and sandals with painted toenails. I don't get much in the way of comments or even any second glances.

So I go along with Traci Elizabeth's saying of "Here a skirt, there a skirt, everywhere a skirt skirt!"

John

Amber Anderson
05-18-2012, 04:45 PM
When I first started going out I felt the need to wear a skirt to feel feminine. I found out I can feel just as feminine in jeans or shorts but my #1 choose will always be a dress or a skirt. I just love showing off my legs.

Jorja
05-18-2012, 07:58 PM
Yay for you!:cheer::clap::dance::eg::^5::w00t::yippee::yah oo: There is always room for one more.

ELIZABETH46
05-18-2012, 10:50 PM
i adventured to the mailbox , but not "out out" yet.
my GG/SO sugested to go to the movies, next time, all dressed up.
i still "thinking", acepting it more "posible". Defenetly (?) posible.
i think jeans will be my first choice.
i will coment on here when we do it. Promese.

michelleinktown
05-18-2012, 11:19 PM
Congrats, and good for you. I have found that people just don't seem to care and they always treat me with respect. Sometimes I will get a bit of a closer stare but do find that overall people really don't seem to care. I had a guy put oil in my vehicle today and because of how I presented myself I think he felt that it was the right thing to do, helping a lady out.

brandi.tgurl
05-19-2012, 12:32 AM
good for you! i remember the many feelings i felt when i went out in one for the first time. i'm happy for you that you were able to pull it off, not once but twice! stares will happen. but i try to think that its because i'm "hot," rather i am being "outed." people watching at the mall will prove that girls come in all shapes and sizes. so do boys. present with confidence, and most won't care. the more often you dress up, the easier it becomes to become who who want to be seen as.

Bunny Girl Zoe
05-19-2012, 07:53 AM
This what I had on first day. So pleased with myself cause as rule it's ballet shoes with skinny jeans.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/68609731@N07/7226713926/

SandraAbsent
05-19-2012, 08:45 AM
I'm 6' and never wear pant or jean....Ok so cant say never, but its rare. Tall and confident women stand out because they are tall and confident and no other reason. Dont be scared to be tall, confident, and look amazing too!

CDVeronica2
05-19-2012, 09:13 PM
It just so happens that today was my first time out in a skirt also. I bought a new outfit at Lane Bryant a couple of weeks ago, orange camisole, flowered skirt and light brown sweater with half sleeves. I wore wedge sandals with about 3 inch heels, which made me about 6'-3". I went shopping to about ten different clothing stores and bought things at four of them, All of the clerks were quite polite and two of them were downright friendly. I'm sure they knew I was a genetic male but they seemed quite happy to have me there and happy that I'd found some items I liked. This was only my fourth time to in public.

I was surprised that there weren't any customers who looked at me funny. I didn't notice anyone paying attention to me. In general I was just out fora day of shopping like all the other ladies there.

Veronica

Jorja
05-21-2012, 08:10 AM
It just so happens that today was my first time out in a skirt also. I bought a new outfit at Lane Bryant a couple of weeks ago, orange camisole, flowered skirt and light brown sweater with half sleeves. I wore wedge sandals with about 3 inch heels, which made me about 6'-3". I went shopping to about ten different clothing stores and bought things at four of them, All of the clerks were quite polite and two of them were downright friendly. I'm sure they knew I was a genetic male but they seemed quite happy to have me there and happy that I'd found some items I liked. This was only my fourth time to in public.

I was surprised that there weren't any customers who looked at me funny. I didn't notice anyone paying attention to me. In general I was just out fora day of shopping like all the other ladies there.

Veronica

This is the usual result unless there is some jerk around that just has to get his rocks off messing with TS/CDs

Beth-Lock
05-21-2012, 03:36 PM
Isn't it fun! Enjoy it. Eventually you will find that tending to your female side can be a great comfort in your life, even after the novelty wears off.

Kristy_K
05-21-2012, 03:55 PM
That is the way to go Zoe .