PDA

View Full Version : Wig help/firstwig

Nikki Len
05-18-2012, 05:16 PM
Ok, got the wig and it fits, but something is not right. What do I need to do to the wig? Is there a right and wrong way to put it on?

I got the kit to take care of it by the way.
Connya

Michelle James
05-18-2012, 07:32 PM
Not enough info. Maybe a photo showing the wig on you.

Edyta_C
05-18-2012, 08:04 PM
Look at the inside of the wig (called the cap). Many wigs will have two adjuster tabs near the rear to allow for loosening or tightening of the wig. This should help you find the rear of the cap. There usually are ear tabs on the sides. These go in front of the ears where a man's sideburns are. If your sideburns are too long, they need trimmed to ear level or above. GGs don't have enough dense hair follicles to have much of a side burn.

OK so you should be able to find front, rear, and sides. Place the front on your forehead. Grab the two ear tabs and pull the wig on. Now grab the rear and slide it down the back of your head.

If it doesn't fit quite right, try adjusting tabs to let out or take on the diameter of the cap. It is possible that the cap is not compatible with your head size. My head requires large wig cap wigs (I have a fat head!). There are small, average, and large sizes. Hopefully, this will get you going with so beautiful hair.

I assume it is a synthetic wig. If that is true, the style you have is the style you have. It can't really be restyled. It can be brushed and or untangled with a wig pick. It can be trimmed if the bangs are too long. Only human hair wigs can be restyled.

Good Luck and I hope you look good in it.

Edy