PDA

View Full Version : Is there such thing as a part time dresser?

natacsha
05-19-2012, 01:19 AM
I was just thinking and even though I don't dress everyday it seems like it's always there. So thats why I'm asking.

Simply Joslyn
05-19-2012, 01:21 AM
oh yes some of us slip in between the two quite frequently and I'm sure those that do will be able to tell you more in abit

Krististeph
05-19-2012, 01:24 AM
100% 'ditto' my dear. Easily more than 50% of the time per day. I plan 90% of my nights around CD.

NathalieX66
05-19-2012, 01:37 AM
I spend part of my social life as the other gender these days .
The truth is, I dress at home so frequently, I can't even count.

Simply Joslyn
05-19-2012, 01:39 AM
I spend part of my social life as the other gender thedse days .
The truth is, I dress at home so frequently, I can't even count.

Ah Nathalie just who I was hoping would answer from what I've read you seem like the first person to pop into my head

NathalieX66
05-19-2012, 02:04 AM
Ah Nathalie just who I was hoping would answer from what I've read you seem like the first person to pop into my head
Thanks Joslyn!
It took me many years, and trial and error to realize that being the other gender out in the public spectrum was even remotely possible.
We all can do it.

Beverley Sims
05-19-2012, 03:42 AM
Yes there is a part time dresser, they get a higher rate of pay.:)

Billie1
05-19-2012, 05:41 AM
Isn't it one of those things that, you either are, or you aren't? (A CD'er, that is) I think that a lot of us, like myself, have to limit our dressing to what our responsibilities (job, family, etc) allow us to. As a big a part as my CD side is to me, I frankly could not sacrifice my career for it. I don't don't think that anyone is "more" or "less" of a CD'er because they dress part-time. We are all sisters in ams! Unite!

Beth Mays
05-19-2012, 05:45 AM
Seems I much more free time to dress in the cooler months, It has been months sence I have really taken the time to do makeup and really get dressed nice.... not because I dont want to, just the time.

Rebecca W.
05-19-2012, 06:20 AM
Part time dressers do not get the nice "fringe" benefits of the full timers.:o If all that you think about is being dressed as a woman, then you are a full-time CD. It is not always what you see, but how you feel deep inside.

tiffanythecd2001
05-19-2012, 06:43 AM
:) What i do , i dress more at home, and too keep my inner self from going nut's, i let her go to garage sale , more of treasure hunt game for me , too find items for her, i like too go too the mexican side of town, they got more sexy clothes, then say we do, i got lot's of long dresses, but i call them my granny look, you know the aunt b look, not for me, i like my mini dress of the 1970's look , my avatar is a pink mini i bought at a garage sale for 50 cents, i also take little girl dress and make my mini dress out of them too or wear with black leggings , so yes i dress at home, been out few times, even had a kid say :doll: are you a girl as i walked down the street , that felt good , course i put lot time in too get that look i want , sometimes up too 8 hours:heehee:

Tina B.
05-19-2012, 08:40 AM
Sure there is part time dressers, I've gone extended peroids of time not dressing, or even thinking about it.
Tina B.

darla_g
05-19-2012, 08:43 AM
i am venturing a guess that the percentage that dress every day is rather small unless they are in the process of transitioning

Crissy Kay
05-19-2012, 08:47 AM
Yes, I am a part timer. Mainly on the weekends. As long as I get some "crissy" time in, I"m happy for the rest of the week!!!

AndreaSC
05-19-2012, 08:59 AM
YES, I am a part-time dresser only because of my family and my job. ALWAYS want MORE, but I take what time I can get!!! :D

Karren H
05-19-2012, 09:04 AM
I don't think so... If you've done it at least once... And if you think about it when you not doing it. You just a plain ole crossdresser. Like saying I'm a part time car driver because I only drive 30 minutes a day.... . Or I have a part time job because I only work 10 hours a day... Or a part time beer drinker because I only do it once a month! Lol.

~Joanne~
05-19-2012, 09:04 AM
Without a doubt. Some days I dress, some days I go butt naked lol

DeeJayGram
05-19-2012, 09:08 AM
The Part Time Cross Dresser. I am a Cross Dresser, no question about it . Its just that I dress part time.

Barbara Ella
05-19-2012, 09:12 AM
I am a crossdresser, full time in that category, but i just cant put on the outer work clothes all the time. If you count wearing panties 24/7, having polished toenails (careful to keep hidden fromwife) than it is full time dressing. There are times I dont think about putting on the other clothing,

Barbara

Tara D. Rose
05-19-2012, 09:17 AM
I second all the answers so far. We are crossdressers. It's with some of us 24/7, though we look like a man when we're at work or shopping for groceries, etc.. But that it is only part time that we can present oursleves with the look of a woman.

Jocelyn Quivers
05-19-2012, 09:25 AM
Being that I dress very infrequently I guess I could be called a part-time dresser, although I kind of lean to towards the label of "non-practicing cd."

Krististeph
05-19-2012, 09:31 AM
Yes there is a part time dresser, they get a higher rate of pay.:)

And a different benefit package... :-)

Kate Simmons
05-19-2012, 09:58 AM
Well, yeah there is but like anything "part time", the pay (or payback) kinda sucks.;):)

Mistybtm
05-19-2012, 10:58 AM
I dress part time in drab does that count :)

Stephanie47
05-19-2012, 11:26 AM
Since my position on being a cross dresser is the mind is inhabited by both genders, sometimes Stephanie needs to be dominant. However most of the time her twin brother is out there doing the 'manly' things of life. Even when I have had seven to ten days of 24/7 time available, Stephanie does not want to always come out. She and her brother for the most part get along fine.

Sassy Sasha
05-19-2012, 12:05 PM
I believe that being a dresser is always part of you its just how much a part that determines if your a part time dresser or not

Sassy Sasha
05-19-2012, 12:08 PM
I like the way you put that. I am the same way. I have been a dresser my whole life but just finally came to terms with it. But since I came to terms I have been in some form of "proper clothing" 24/7

docrobbysherry
05-19-2012, 12:37 PM
Every two weeks seems to work well for me. I'll dress one or two days on a weekend. Sometimes spend an entire day, dawn to dark, dressing in various outfits.

I dressed for 5 days straight at the DLV about a month ago and haven't felt the urge again until now! However, I'll have to wait. NEXT weekend is Sherry's weekend!

natacsha
05-19-2012, 03:57 PM
Thanks to all of you for responding! After reading I think I understand a little bit more that this is more complicated than I thought. I can't nor do I want to wish it away, I just know that this is me and so is he. That's my life. Where it goes from here?? I just posted pics in the gallery and that's my first step to getting it out. I think I'll learn a little more before the night is over.

KellyJameson
05-19-2012, 04:30 PM
I think a person is born into it with the potential as part of who they are just as they are born with a certain eye color or other physical trait but in this case it is a psychological trait that must be fulfilled just as the need for connection with others must be fulfilled.

Those born with this potential need for feminine expression locked inside them and not acted on risk emotional problems that often result in destructive behavior against self and or others.

So no matter how much you dress it is and always has been with you and it than becomes a matter of discovering this about yourself. You will feel like the crossdressing is changing you but actually you are becoming and expressing what you already are and never expressed. Dynamite is dynamite regardless if the fuse is lit or not, the potential is in and part of the dynamite and can be just as explosive as crossdressing in it's potential to change your world.

The greater problem is when the person has always identified as being the opposite of their biological sex, than crossdressing is like jumping into a rushing river without a life preserver with destinations unknown. I have always experienced crossdressing as dangerous because I knew it would force me at some point to let go of the mask I was wearing and put on a skirt permanently.

KarenNY
05-19-2012, 06:05 PM
I don't dress as often as I used to, so I'm definitely a part-time CDer -- family keeps me from CDing very much now... back in the day there were times I dressed full-time for stretches of weeks... but like Stephanie47 said, there were also times that I didn't feel like dressing -- although those were more the exception...

Samantha_Smile
05-19-2012, 06:14 PM
Not read any replies.
Thats the best way to aproach these opinion threads.
But....
I considder myself part time in that:
-Im not dressed femme all the time
-I spend 85% [or more] of my waking hours enhome
-Im happy with that.

Thing is, som eof us see dressing as a stress release, a way to get away from the usual humdrum and feel pretty and delicate as opposed to the stereo-typical male macho type.
I couldnt care less for going to bed dressed (the makeup on my pillow would piss me off)
Wiping my arsse with long nails would become a chore as opposed to an interesting novelty
Staying shaved without the inherent rash would become loathsome

What more reasons do you really need?

natacsha
05-20-2012, 12:30 PM
Thank you all for your comments!! It seems like everyone has their own interesting story to share on their behalf lol I'm just trying to understand better the nature of my situation and reading your comments is definitely helping. Thanks again to all xoxoxo

charlytuna
05-20-2012, 03:07 PM
part time cder that me. two, three weekends and days off and vacations, from work. But I do wear nightie to bed and go underdress often

Jilmac
05-20-2012, 07:30 PM
I know the urge to dress is full time but the opportunity might make it a part time endeavor.