PDA

View Full Version : Your member name...

Tamara Croft
11-10-2005, 12:18 PM
Ok, question time again :D

I'd like to know, as to why, although most CD's are trying to portray a woman, you choose member names such as 'obsessedwithpanties' or 'Ilovemythongs'. Why is this? Why can you not choose a proper fem name?

I mean, do you see names like that on womens birth certificates? If you had srs grs etc, would you change your name by deed poll to 'Ilovenylons'? I don't think so. So why do you do it? Why can't you give yourself a proper fem name and if you have a proper fem name, why don't you use it here?

Thanx :D

Stephenie
11-10-2005, 12:32 PM
Sometimes the your name is already taken by some one else. I just lucked out by spelling my a little different from all the other Stephenie's.

sheiligh
11-10-2005, 12:33 PM
hi tamara!! i think i have the answer to your question here if a name is taken on the forum it can only be used once i believe i remember when i joined i wanted to use the name shelly but it was already taken and registration would not accept it so i had to do some imagination with the spelling so thats how mine got spwelled the way it did ! let me know if this is correct maybe its different now i 'm not sure but i thibk i have the answer therre love sheiligh

Emberantha
11-10-2005, 12:35 PM
Sometimes the your name is already taken by some one else. I just lucked out by spelling my a little different from all the other Stephenie's.

I think Stephenie is probably right. I know that it took me a while to find a name unique enough to be available on most sites.

---
Pain looks good on other people; that's what they're for.

Tamara Croft
11-10-2005, 12:39 PM
Ah, but if the name is taken like Stephanie, you could just have Stephanie A for example ;)

Lotte L
11-10-2005, 12:42 PM
Dear Tamara,

Naming has to do with feelings. And we all have different. The one is more sexual and an other more caring. My name Lot(te) in Dutch means desteny. Its my destiny to be CD.

Greatings,
Lotte L

Ok, question time again :D

I'd like to know, as to why, although most CD's are trying to portray a woman, you choose member names such as 'obsessedwithpanties' or 'Ilovemythongs'. Why is this? Why can you not choose a proper fem name?

I mean, do you see names like that on womens birth certificates? If you had srs grs etc, would you change your name by deed poll to 'Ilovenylons'? I don't think so. So why do you do it? Why can't you give yourself a proper fem name and if you have a proper fem name, why don't you use it here?

Thanx :D

Carole
11-10-2005, 12:44 PM
Hi Tamara
I must agree with you, and in answer to Sheiligh and Emberantha I would say that if your chosen forename has already been used then it is a simple matter of adding a number or taking on a surname, I have had to do this on ocaission with some sites I have joined.
The use of names like 'Ilovenylons' or ' tv****' for instance would put me for one off communicating with that person and I am sure it would stop most GG's from doing likewise.
Our small community needs to be promoted in the wider world, I believe that names like these push it further toward the 'pervert' perceived by the public at large.
Sorry, but thats my twopennyworth (3.6 cents worth for our Colonial cousins).
Carole

Tamara Croft
11-10-2005, 12:47 PM
Carole, you're spot on. That is exactly what I'm talking about... the fetish names. The thing is, I see members with fetish member names, but then sign their posts with a fem name, so why didn't they just sign up with that instead. If it's a simple case of 'I didn't have that name then', names can easily be changed by the admins :D

Gemma Rhodes
11-10-2005, 12:53 PM
Hi Tamara,

I often wonder the same myself. As for your name already being used I think that would be a big coincidence if people used a surname too.

Gemma Louise Rhodes xx

Kim E
11-10-2005, 01:01 PM
Hi Tamara ~
Excellent question. I agree with you. I've always gone by Kim or as friends call me Kimmy. When I registered I figured there would be a hundred Kimmys, so I used Kim E, which said together is pronounced the same.
I'll probably take a brick to the head for saying it, but I'm less apt to respond to a post from 'nineinchheels' or 'panties4you', than a girl with a proper name. I just feel a proper name lends credibility.

My $.02

Hugs ~ Kim

Stephanie Brooks
11-10-2005, 01:06 PM
You know, I used to have the name "fractlgrrl", math fetish you know. :p Clearly it wasn't a proper name. I didn't choose it to be proper. It was an account on a computer system, and so it was just something unique. In many ways it's like an email account name.

The British TG forum requires both a proper first and last name, as I recall. While I've not been active over there in some time, I kinda liked using my real femme name. Five or six months ago I changed my name here from fractlgrrl to Stephanie Brooks. People knew me that way, mostly anyway, so it wasn't much of a change.

I like using my full femme name. It's what I use on the street. It's me. While I'm not much of a "people person", I do like to be somewhat approachable.

Tamara Croft
11-10-2005, 01:09 PM
They do the same on Roses Steph, if you sign up with a fetish name, they delete it ;) You have to sign up with a nice fem name (or male if you prefer)

Maddie Nolan
11-10-2005, 01:11 PM
I would say that if your chosen forename has already been used then it is a simple matter of adding a number or taking on a surname
Thats what I had to do as plain old Maddie had already been taken.

Our small community needs to be promoted in the wider world, I believe that names like these push it further toward the 'pervert' perceived by the public at large.
Sorry, but thats my twopennyworth (3.6 cents worth for our Colonial cousins).
Carole

I would probably agree with you for the larger part Carole, but it would be nice to have the views of someone who has chosen such a username. There could be a completely rational explanation, though I must confess I am struggling to think what it could be.

byrony
11-10-2005, 01:16 PM
To tell you the truth, I just kinda made mine up... Well that's not true, I just took it from a tg story... My actual fem name is taken :p.

Carole
11-10-2005, 01:18 PM
Hi Maddie
Yes of course, I wasn't saying that it definitely puts us towards the 'pervert' view, but that is my personal slant on the whole thing.
By all means I would love to hear from members who use such names, and also from the GG's as to their interpretation on the thread. It may well be that those members cannot use 'ordinary' names or indeed post pics, but as Tamara said why then do they sign posts with a femme name?
Carole

Amelie
11-10-2005, 01:23 PM
I think to some(not all) that being online is a kind of a fantasy playground where one can be what ever they feel. I am on goth and music sites and from what I can remember, no one uses a real sounding name. People will have names like Voodoo Queen, Edible Eye, Vampiress,, Punky, and some have fetish names like mistress "this" and "master" that. Everyone seems to talk to each other despite the names they use, it's their posts and words that get the comments, not their names. Again, maybe this is different part of the world than this type of forum. Maybe it's just different ideas on things. Also the ggs at these other sites use strange names as well.

TGMarla
11-10-2005, 01:24 PM
Mine is TGMarla because I used the same name as the moniker on my e-mail address. There was already a "Marla" at MSN Hotmail. So it was just simpler that way. I was pretty sure that there were other "Marla's" out there anyway. Turns out I could have used just plain "Marla", but since then it has been taken anyway.

But I think you're really talking about the ones like "Pantyhose Lover" and like you said, "Obsessed with panties".

Stephanie Brooks
11-10-2005, 01:33 PM
They do the same on Roses Steph, if you sign up with a fetish name, they delete it ;) You have to sign up with a nice fem name (or male if you prefer)
It was Roses that I meant. I said "British TG forum" to be generic. People don't normally call out the names of other forums here, so I didn't know what was proper.

Tamara Croft
11-10-2005, 01:39 PM
Oh lol... I see your point ;) well yeah, I didn't mention the whole forum URL :D

Bonnie D
11-10-2005, 01:39 PM
I agree Tamara. Try your femme name and if it's taken add to it. I used my actual middle initial and my e-mail address starts with "bd" which are also my real initials. The name Bonnie came from the very first girl I knew when I was 5 or 6. We were good friends for about a year and then either I moved or she did (military families) and we never saw each other again. I love the name too.

Anyway, I'm sure we all have femme names and on a site like this they should be used. You can out your interests in your profiles.

I'm also curious to know why description names are used.

And of course I don't wish to ignore the use of male names either.

Bonnie

Davinia
11-10-2005, 02:06 PM
In my case i chose something which resembles my male name. Guess it???????

Lauren_T
11-10-2005, 02:09 PM
In my case i chose something which resembles my male name. Guess it???????
I know, I know!!

You're ectually Vin Diesel, right?? :p

I know I'm terrible, but I just couldn't resist... :)

Davinia
11-10-2005, 02:11 PM
Lauren, REALLY, surely you could do better

Rita Farie
11-10-2005, 03:06 PM
You asked!

I belive the answer is ego, we do it for the same reasons that some members use their signature as a display board, or some ridiculous statement

I guess you could apply your statement to their signatures as well.
Why can't you give yourself a proper signature.

Rita

Tamara Croft
11-10-2005, 03:07 PM
I can see why some members choose their member names, but names like 'Ima****' or 'bigone4u' what does that name actually say about you? It's not fem, it's more of a fetish name or just vulgar isn't it. When I joined this forum last year, I chose the name Tamara because it was the full name of my SO Tammy.... haha... yes my real name obviously isn't Tamara :D

It's the fetish names that puzzle me. Over time, you get to know members with fetish names, however, they sign their posts with a fem name.... to me this makes absolutely no sense at all. I'd like to hear from the 'fetish' names...

<edit> For Rita.... I can see your point too. My signature changes quite a bit, depends on the mood I'm in I guess. But the part on the right hand side never changes.

Maria D
11-10-2005, 03:10 PM
My name was offered by my fiancee, as it's her middle name; she wanted to be involved with and show support for me.
I ran through some 'nice sounding' middle names for me, to see what worked, and choose Anne. I then started logging myself on the work lab computer with my initials as MAD, and promptly thought 'damn'. It's stuck now, and noone disagrees...

It never occured to me to use or have a 'fetish' name, probably because it's not a fetish to me. Maria is 'who I am', so perhaps 'Ilovenylons' expresses who that person is, for them, iyswim?

Take care
xxx

Maddie
11-10-2005, 03:13 PM
Re : plain old Maddie

it is not old although i am (giggle)

Jocelyn Renee
11-10-2005, 03:37 PM
For me, being "T" is not a fetish, so I'm not likely to have much in common with a sister who has chosen a fetish name or style of dress. However, I really don't have a problem with whatever someone chooses to call themselves or how they choose to portray themselves. After all, isn't that the sort of freedom of expression we all are fighting for from the wider community? I start feeling awfully uncomfortable when I see words like "credibility" and "proper" bandied about in our own community forums. How many of us have had "normal" people use these very same words to decry our behavior?

Hopefully we can all keep in mind that the membership here runs the gamut from fetish CD to TG or post-op TS. Not everyone here feels they are truly female, so they probably do not see the need to take a female name. Many of our sisters begin their journey's on the fetish side of the fence. Some grow beyond that and choose a "proper" name and style of dress; others do not - no matter to me, they are all still my sisters.

Cheers,
Jocelyn Renee

Jenny Beth
11-10-2005, 03:46 PM
The banner across the top says "Crossdressers and their Admirers". That statement in itself implies this is a pickup site and in my opinion attracts those whose reasons for dressing are more on the fetish side and for them I understand the names they come up with. However I am not implying that everyone without a femme sign in name falls into this category. It is obvious there are some very warm hearted members who just happen to have names I wouldn't have picked. In a way I'm kind of glad to see names like you mention because I know anything posted by say, "****someone" is not something I care to open. On the other hand I do think names like that probably scare away GG's who are looking for answers. With close to 5000 members I guess we can't be everything to everyone.

lisa_maria
11-10-2005, 03:56 PM
I use my femme name in my job as an entertainer but i to found i had to add a dash between the two names i use because there are so many useing the name lisa on the net but i love what i am lisa _maria had would feel terrible useing a fetish name people sometimes call us perverts for being what we are this fetish name thing gives those small minded people more ammunition to use LISA_MARIA

Adele 2005
11-10-2005, 04:35 PM
I hadn't noticed the "Crossdressers and their Admirers" banner before Jenny. If the forum members feel this is sending out the wrong message perhaps a vote could be taken and it could be changed?

Although I'm new here, I love this site because there's so much discussion on so many issues related to cd'ing, from some really profound and moving accounts of members personal experiences, to some great humour, and it is so welcoming. I trust the administrators to keep it that way, and weed out any offensive or obsecene posts.

Anyway, Maria D hits the nail on the head (although I don't know what "iyswim" means!), and it's interesting that those who Tamara addressed her question to, with apparantly fetish names, haven't (yet, as I type) attempted to answer her.

tammie
11-10-2005, 04:46 PM
Hi All: I have been Tammie forever, on one site I was chastized for being Tammie, in fact I was told; "half of all crossdressers R tammy or tammie".
I just didn't let it faze me, as Popeye always said "I am what I am".

I would like to know 2 things: 1) What happened to Ibuki Warpetal, and 2) what is the meaning of her name please. It is very unusual and beautiful.

Vera
11-10-2005, 04:48 PM
hi can youchange mine to veronica?

Wendy me
11-10-2005, 04:50 PM
ok my name was easy wendy because i am wendy that's me .... so easy .....
Wendy Me...

Tamara Croft
11-10-2005, 04:53 PM
hi can youchange mine to veronica?Yes I can, but you will have to choose something like Veronica and something at the end, because Veronica is taken. Check the member list to see what is already gone.

Stephanie Brooks
11-10-2005, 04:54 PM
The banner across the top says "Crossdressers and their Admirers". That statement in itself implies this is a pickup site and in my opinion attracts those whose reasons for dressing are more on the fetish side and for them I understand the names they come up with.
Oh. I'd never thought of it that way. I consider the word "admire" and its variations to be quite positive. Maybe I'm naive but I don't see anything that implies a pickup orientation in that banner.

Vera
11-10-2005, 05:00 PM
i have the perfect name vera.. only 1 here thanks

size7satin
11-10-2005, 05:01 PM
Well I dont know if I have found a "fem" name I like. I have used size7satin for many years and it stuck. I dont like putting #'s at the end of my name to me its just tacky....susie1946382738736629947659892...lololol

My name also says alot to people that understand CD'ing....you guesses it my size & what I like the most SATIN.......

TxKimberly
11-10-2005, 05:09 PM
Simple - for some, it IS about it being a fetish. For others, it goes much deeper. IMHO, if you choose a name like those that you mention, you are making it very clear where you fall in spectrum.
Mind you, I for one am not about to say that they shouldn't or that it's wrong. People in glass houses and all that. If I desire people to accept me for who and what I am, then need to do the same for people that choose paths other than my own.

Kim (who obsessed for months when I was trying to choose a fem name)

Tamara Croft
11-10-2005, 05:09 PM
i have the perfect name vera.. only 1 here thanksAll done :D

Vera
11-10-2005, 05:13 PM
tamara.. your the best of the best of the bestest

Gina V.
11-10-2005, 05:15 PM
I picked my member name to keep my male signature so I became Gina V. being Georgina Victoria. I think it helps as I can sign my name the same no matter whether I'm in male or female dress, needless to say I enjoy the caress of lingerie to the harshness of male clothing .. ugh..

Tamara Croft
11-10-2005, 05:16 PM
tamara.. your the best of the best of the bestestAwww, you very welcome sweetie :hugs:

Katrina
11-10-2005, 05:18 PM
Tamara, I chose MissPinchy just because I hadn't even thought of a girls name when I registered. Actually, this forum was the first non-email web thing I ever joined. I wanted something that I could easily remember that, at the time would not lead anybody to me directly. I didn't want to say: Sam_From_[insert my street address] or anything like that. Also, I didn't know you could change users names without causing a lot of confusion. :)

Joanne08
11-10-2005, 05:31 PM
Hi Tamara,

Isn't it quite curious that very few members with names you have pointed out haven't responded to your thread? Guess they aren't fessing up.

I've had my fem name a long, long time and I wanted to use it, however, just plain Joanne was taken so I added a number. I wish I had been more clever and come up with something like Joanne O'Eight.

Thanks for your concern I share your thoughts on this.

Love, Jo

Rachel_740
11-10-2005, 05:35 PM
Tamara,

I think people chose the sort of name you're asking about because it says something about why they dress (I would suggest more often than not for sexual gratification).

As you know, I have 2 accounts here. One in what is now my real name and this account that I am posting on but again, as you know I've moved on from when I first came here, to be my true self.

Anne
xxx

PS. I've still not forgotten my - sorry, your - skirt. :kissing:

SilkenPrincess
11-10-2005, 05:39 PM
I wouldn't classify my member name as fetish, although I can see where some might. I prefer to be called Stephanie, but we all know how many of us do. SilkenPrincess is mostly a descriptive phrase of how I feel inside, decidedly feminine. I have considered changing my name by adding a middle and/or a surname. The complete name is Stephanie Lynn Somer. But for now, I'll leave it as it is, because that's how most people know and remember me.
Love,
SilkenPrincess
P. S. I have even been referred to as "Silky" before. :) I like the sound of that too.

fanci
11-10-2005, 05:51 PM
Tamara

My SO picked my name. I didn't like it at first , but it does fit me. I probably have more clothes,shoes, and jewery than any 3 GG's

I don't really know you , but you sure seem like a really nice person

xxoo

Fanci

Amelie
11-10-2005, 06:34 PM
Oh. I'd never thought of it that way. I consider the word "admire" and its variations to be quite positive. Maybe I'm naive but I don't see anything that implies a pickup orientation in that banner.

When I used to go to CD, TG type clubs in NYC, their adds in the papers always said CDs and their admirers. In this case admirers meant guys who pick up T-girls for,,,,well,,,,,fun times. This was one of the reasons I joined the forum, I thought it was similar to the clubs in NYC. The forum isn't the same as the clubs, the forum ain't all that bad.lol

KellyCD
11-10-2005, 06:37 PM
I think just Kelly was taken so I chose a SN that has my name, what I am and where I'm located at the moment.

Deborah
11-10-2005, 06:39 PM
I wouldn't classify my member name as fetish

I don't either. Myself and one other member i know of are actually jealous because we didn't think of it first. Such a femme name i like it.

I only chose Amy Raines because i didn't want to upset Tamara with the name i wanted...

ILovePanties. :D

suchacutie
11-10-2005, 06:42 PM
In my case I was as of yet unnamed, so I tried to put something together that would not have been taken. About a week later the name Tina came to the surface and it stuck, and I haven't looked into changing my name here (if I even can?).

So, I was nameless and it was early days for me, so I needed a "handle" and suchacutie it was!

tina

mand
11-10-2005, 06:50 PM
[QUOTE=SilkenPrincess]I wouldn't classify my member name as fetish, although I can see where some might. QUOTE]

Hello Silky :) In no way, shape or form can I see it as being fetish, it's a lovely name for someone who I know is a lovely lady;)

lots of love mand xxx:)

Jodi Lynn
11-10-2005, 06:52 PM
When I started using the name Jodi, I wanted something that seemed sexy and different. Then I added Lynn. As it turns out "J' is the frist letter of my middle name and "L" is the frist letter of my last name.

Jenny Beth
11-10-2005, 07:05 PM
[QUOTE=Adele 2005]I hadn't noticed the "Crossdressers and their Admirers" banner before Jenny. If the forum members feel this is sending out the wrong message perhaps a vote could be taken and it could be changed?

The last thing I want is a poll on this, it is not my intention to alienate anyone. We have all found our way here and each of us finds something or someone we can relate to. My point was that we shouldn't be surprised by some of the names here, this site is for all of us. I wouldn't want it any other way.

Lauren_T
11-10-2005, 07:10 PM
I thought I was safely out of this imbroglio until I found that in ancient Trans-Slovenian idiom, "lauren" actually means " I love Kevlar and asbestos thongs!" :eek: :p

MandyTS
11-10-2005, 07:11 PM
I did not think about using my newe name as a tag here on the forums, but since my name is legally changing in about 12 months I should change my tag,

Can you make is MandyTS for me please!

I was going to reregister but that would be a pain in the butt!

Mandy

Jenny Beth
11-10-2005, 07:21 PM

You are correct of course Stephanie, the word "admire" does not necessarily mean "pickup". However when I first joined this site was fairly new and I received a few less than welcome PM's. So I guess I'm biased with the word "admire". Water off a ducks back though, we have delete and ignore bottons.;)

Lauren_T
11-10-2005, 07:36 PM
But Amelie's got it right; the word 'admirer' has come to have that connotation... and therefore, some do indeed think 'Oh, this must be a pickup place.'

Jenny Beth
11-10-2005, 07:47 PM
I wouldn't worry about that Lauren......not if you have a Kevlar thong.:lol2:

Amelie
11-10-2005, 08:03 PM
But Amelie's got it right; the word 'admirer' has come to have that connotation... and therefore, some do indeed think 'Oh, this must be a pickup place.'

It's been a year now and i'm still waiting for some guy to pick me up. lol

Where are all those nasty PM's that everyone seems to get????

Wendy me
11-10-2005, 08:06 PM
could we please keep on topic here??

thank you we do tend to drift off topic...

Lauren_T
11-10-2005, 08:08 PM
I wouldn't worry about that Lauren......not if you have a Kevlar thong.:lol2:Oh, trust me Jenny Beth, with my (undeserved :) ) rep for being disputatious, 'admirers' are the last thing I need worry about acquiring... :p

Oh, and I can tell you, thongs of Kevlar & asbestos give new meaning to the phrase 'hot to trot'... :eek:

Amelie
11-10-2005, 08:09 PM

I'm sorry

Jenny Beth
11-10-2005, 08:17 PM

Sorry........:bonk:

Lauren_T
11-10-2005, 08:18 PM

thank you we do tend to drift off topic...Well, please forgive me, Wendy, but due to my philosophical beliefs regarding the interconnectedness of all things, "Digression" has come to be my middle name... I live by the great Yogi's advice: "If you come to a fork in the road, take it." :o

Angela Burke
11-10-2005, 08:19 PM
I've always been Andy/Angela for as long as I can remember, (quite long now and getting longer!).
I added the XX as there were other Angelas on the members list.
I meant the XX to signify a girly type peck on each cheek.
The "love" prefix is self evident.
You can call yourself whatever you please, your choice.
My choice, Angela.

Love Angela XX

crossing_over
11-10-2005, 10:59 PM
i go with the theory that was previously stated.... for some people it is just mearly a fetish... for me i know i would never pass or anything is why i wouldnt go through w/ hormones or anything since i have a big frame..... but some just see it as a fetish and others see it as a desire ... for me i am not sure what it is right now.... my name should have been confruzzled instead of crossing_over ......but i see my name as i am crossing over to the feminine side more and more ...... even though in private i have been dressing everyday last cpl weeks since i've joined here..... i am more comfortable and feel the need to ..... my deal is not to get off by dressing ..... it is to be me for a select few minutes each day.

_Janelle_
11-11-2005, 02:14 AM
Well I initially started out here as CD4ME and then realized it was just plain dorky. So I became Janelle. Apparently Janelle was already taken (but the only other Janelle listed in the member list was "Janelle Marshall" so I just put underscores before and after it _Janelle_ and that seemed to work - kinda like ~Tamara~! BTW Tamara, you can delete the CD4ME if you want - I won't be needing it anymore :D

Janelle

Bridget
11-11-2005, 03:56 AM
Well, the internet has a weird effect on people. It's so easy to type garbage out and send it instantaneously, and the fact you're not face to face with another person compounds the issue.

Personally, i have a hard time choosing a good fem name though. i hover between Carolyn, Bridget, Melissa and Megumi, depending on the weather.)

Stephanie Brooks
11-11-2005, 07:37 AM
Megumi
Cheeky Angel?! ^_^

Kaye_martin
11-11-2005, 07:54 AM
You know, I used to have the name "fractlgrrl", math fetish you know. :p Clearly it wasn't a proper name. I didn't choose it to be proper. It was an account on a computer system, and so it was just something unique. In many ways it's like an email account name.

Stephanie: I really liked "fractlgrrl", pretty unique I thought :) . As for me, well my name came from a mix of my drab name and my car .... not very original, but what the heck :o

kaye_martin

Stephanie Brooks
11-11-2005, 08:04 AM
Stephanie: I really liked "fractlgrrl", pretty unique I thought :) . As for me, well my name came from a mix of my drab name and my car .... not very original, but what the heck :o

kaye_martin
Thank you Kaye_martin!

Now I'm intrigued. Which part is drab name, and which part is car? If your location was the US, I might have supposed the car was a K-car. Being in the UAE, now I might guess the car might be an Aston Martin. Enquring minds want to know!

Oh and btw, please don't answer if it would in any way compromise your identity.

Meag
11-11-2005, 08:19 AM
I dress in secret, my wife hates it. Since my wife also uses the computer, I want a name that just look like I misspelled my name, you can see in my profile.

Shaylynn
11-11-2005, 08:32 AM
I use poutylippedcd, as my aol screen name. I feel that's the best way to get attention when I'm chatting. Here I use Shaylynn, think its a sweet name, Suits me best here and name I would have if i were a full time girl.
hugs

Tommie136
11-11-2005, 08:41 AM
Hi Davinia, My guess would be the most logical one, perhaps wrong, but logical... Davin? If not Davin, maybe David? Have a great day, Tommie P.S. Can you guess mine?

Tamara Croft
11-11-2005, 10:21 AM
Well, just as I thought, not one fetish name fessed up!!! Only those with fem names (except crossing_over not exactly a fetish name tho) have posted.... I wonder why that is?

So, I'll just have to keep wondering, because it's their input I'd like to hear, not 'they probably have a fetish name because'.

kysmet
11-11-2005, 10:25 AM
I've used Kysmet and Karmic for several years now. Kysmet is Bulgarian for luck and I use the name because I need all the luck I can get. ;) Karmic applies the same way as I am working at trying to change my karma in my life too. So, I hope that no one thinks of that as a fetish/bizarre name.

Ericka Jean

Berta
11-11-2005, 12:17 PM
Hi Tamara,
A very interesting question. In my cyber space travels I've often wondered the same thing. I've explained in the "Intoductions" thread how I chose my name in depth. For this thread I'll simply say that it was simple for me as "Berta" is a simple female derivitive of my given male name. In other groups/forums of which I'm a member I simply added the true initials of what I am...therefore "BertaCD". When I set up my MSN Hotmail account I had to take it a step further and added "_1". In all honesty once one gets the hang of it it is rather simple to use a proper female sounding name.
Berta

arula
11-11-2005, 12:28 PM
Tamara, I miss you on the forum. I think these girls are not at the point of deciding on a fem name yet. We have seen that CDing progresses in stages ( if you have followed my recent posts) Once they see themselves as a woman, only then will they pick a name for identity. Its so nice when someone uses your fem name when they talk to you. Its like comformation that you are a girl and that people respect it. Kisses, Arula

Bridget
11-16-2005, 12:51 AM
Cheeky Angel?! ^_^

Actually, Megumi means roughly "gift of God", which is what Matthew means in Hebrew, which is my masculine given name.

Haha, if I were to take a name from a manga or anime, I'd have to pick Fuuka from Yotsuba&. ^_^

simonep
11-16-2005, 11:53 PM
Tamara - I would classify as your "fetish type CD" I suppose. I only wear panties. That is my agreement with my wife and its one that works well. My favourite brand at the time was (and still is) Simone Perele. So in homage I chose SimoneP. Simone works well for me.

Although since then we have both been trying out some different and just as nice brands, and funnily enough she has discovered a real love of things slinky too. So wheres the fetish?? :rose:

breanna1954
11-17-2005, 12:36 AM
Breanna is the name I use while in fem. It was taken so I had to put a number after it. Breanna1954 is my yahoo name so I used it here so as not to have to remember 2 different numbers.

Karren H
11-17-2005, 10:05 PM
My fem name and my id are one and the same on every board i post on! And i am proud of that name since Karren is a one letter deviation of my birth name and Hutton is my mothers maiden name!!

Love Karren

robinLynn
11-17-2005, 10:13 PM
my fem name and my other name are different only by a couple letters

Adrianne
11-17-2005, 10:24 PM
When i signed up to this forum i used my real name of ADRIAN and put my year i was born after it so i had ADRIAN1966, a few weeks ago i asked Tamara to change my id to ADRIANNE as i was signing all the posts as ADRIANNE. i have never look back since my change my id.

Marlene4a
11-20-2005, 07:57 PM
Hi Tamara:

I agree with you fully.

Me

Chelsea
11-20-2005, 08:07 PM
I always use the name Chelsea as she was a girl I knew and always wanted to be from right back when I was 7 years old. Wow thats a long time ago ! :O)
Luv ya all, Chelsea.

Alison Michelle
11-21-2005, 02:15 AM
Tamara,

Could you change my login to "nstyX****hot4bycd*****" :eek: :dom: I think that should top the list as the most outrages fetish name. :joke: :lol2:

Really I had my name chosen a while back, it's from a girl who made quite an impression on me. If I was to use a "fetish" name it would probably be one that was what I feel not what I want.

Maybe if you like Tamara we could run with coming up with unique but PG names.
Could be fun.

Alison

Melissa Ryan
11-21-2005, 02:26 AM
"nstyX****hot4bycd*****"

LOL! That is the BEST yet! Giggle!

DawnRodgers
11-21-2005, 03:12 AM
Frankly, I definitely feel more feminine if I have a complete (first, middle and last) name. Don't we also have a complete male name and GG's also? Wouldn't really freel compfortable with a fetishy type name or single name only. Guess that comes from wanting to be the genuine thing.
Dawn

Skirtboy
11-21-2005, 04:18 AM
I'm one of the people on this forum who has no desire to be a girl. I don't HAVE a fem name. My name emphasases who I am, a boy who wears skirts

Jiera
11-21-2005, 10:48 AM
I've also found you're exponentially more likely to get an unsolicited sexual PM from someone with a fetish name than from someone with a girly name.

If I had a dollar for every time someone PM'd me with a name like "lovelythong" or "bitchnchains" or "leather4pleasure," well, I'd have enough dollars to start a CD loan operation to help people finance their veronicas.

Ji
(aka "crotchbunny," aka "gimmepanties," aka "gstring4ever")

Sally Gray
11-21-2005, 06:09 PM
Before I joined here and a couple of the UK based groups I did use a ....tvuk type naming.

As I wanted to project a more femme image I changed it to the name that I am logged in with.. Sally Gray. It is not a derivation of my male name. But sort of chosen at random, it is in fact after a girl I went to school with many years ago. (She had the most fantastic blonde bob!). It was only some while after taking the name I discovered that we have a TV (as in Televison!) presenter with the same name here in the UK.

Tamara Croft
11-21-2005, 08:48 PM
I'm one of the people on this forum who has no desire to be a girl. I don't HAVE a fem name. My name emphasases who I am, a boy who wears skirtsFinally!!! thank you :D I hope your over 18 poppet ;) But this is the kind of answer I'm looking for, a reason. ;)

Alison Michelle
11-21-2005, 09:35 PM
Tamara it only took 92 posts to get an answer.

Tamara Croft
11-21-2005, 10:09 PM
Tamara it only took 92 posts to get an answer.:rofl: ironic really isn't it.... only one fetish CD really answered my question...... maybe I'll list them all here ;)

Alison Michelle
11-22-2005, 02:33 AM
:rofl: ironic really isn't it.... only one fetish CD really answered my question...... maybe I'll list them all here ;)

Oooooh, Tamara's going to crack the whip on the BAD girls.:dom: Every body run, unless your into that. In that case can I watch? :Playnice:

Alison

girlintouch
11-22-2005, 04:14 AM
when I jioned here I didn't have one. Over time I have figured out a female name for myself. Chrissy I all ways like the names like Christy, Christina, ect. I have a few friends with those but none with Chrissy and so I have this one.

Kimberly
11-22-2005, 11:57 AM
I was the first Kimberly! (That I recall) ...

Kaye_martin
11-22-2005, 01:39 PM
Thank you Kaye_martin! ...... Now I'm intrigued. Being in the UAE, now I might guess the car might be an Aston Martin..... Enquring minds want to know!

Stephanie: Well, heck you're right :o

kaye_martin