PDA

View Full Version : Out and About Today

FrenchieMoraine
05-19-2012, 09:45 PM
Kristy and I went out into the world together for the first time today. We drove to a town about 35-40 miles from home and walked around in a mall there. We went into a couple of department stores. We went into a wig store. We went into a shoe store. People did look at Kristy, but seemed to just check out her outfit and that was about all. I didn't notice anyone pointing or whispering after seeing us. I don't know what exactly I expected, but I know I was nervous and so was she, but also she was VERY excited. She said the whole experience was exhilarating.

Attached here is a photo of what she wore. I took the camera with us to do more photos while out, but we both forgot sadly. I really wanted to document our first trip out together.

We are thinking also of going to a movie theater there next time.

We considered going into a restaurant to eat, but I chickened out. Kristy cannot speak yet when out because her voice is such a give away...very very deep. I thought it would be weird and uncomfortable that I order for the both of us. What do others do when out to overcome this?

Jamie24
05-19-2012, 10:05 PM
Frenchie:
Your support of your SO/Kristy is very heart warming. The time spent together helps you to understand all facets of your SO, and become closer. With time will come confidence. Just make sure that keep your own sense of self in perspective. These activities must be a joint and mutual activities. The pink fog may over take Kristy, you need to ensure that you help your SO keep Kristy and her desires in perspective.

jamie

Jenniferathome
05-19-2012, 10:55 PM
My wife has ordered for me on a number of occasions. It's not at all odd. For all the waitperson knows, your friend does not speak English.

Jenniferathome
05-19-2012, 10:56 PM
Well, the outfit is appropriate and looks good and casual. My guess is that Kristy is tall, no hiding that.

Sara Jessica
05-20-2012, 07:14 AM
The solution to the voice thing is actually pretty easy.

You see, most of us have a trait (or two or three or four) that are total giveaways. They betray our TG essence whether we like it or not. Therefore, it makes the goal of "passing" unattainable for most of us. However, all is not lost. Once we accept that the dream of passing is not all that realistic, we can move on to simply being the best we can while acknowledging that the Muggles are likely to read us as being TG and really, that's not the end of the world.

Once I adopted this attitude, I haven't been happier when out and about in this wonderful world of ours.

YorkshireRose
05-20-2012, 07:38 AM
Sounds like a very positive and exhilarating day for Kirsty, that's great to hear hon. I have seen cds advertised on line to help both voice changing. But I don't know how effective they are, maybe worth a look ?

Hugs Charlotte

reb.femme
05-20-2012, 07:59 AM
On the one hand, Kristy looks shy and hides her light behind a bushel. However, the other side is quite adventurous, more so than I, but I can imagine the exhilaration you felt.

Once we accept that the dream of passing is not all that realistic, we can move on to simply being the best we can while acknowledging that the Muggles are likely to read us as being TG and really, that's not the end of the world.

On the voice side, mine is clearly male and no amount of training will change this. Silk purse and Sow's ear spring to mind, hence the quote from Sara Jessica. Loved the point about the Muggles. I assume that makes me a Hermione, but with a deeper tone.

Rebecca x

PretzelGirl
05-20-2012, 10:24 AM
I agree with Sara. For those that can't go through voice training and all the practice that goes with it (Stephanie says you really need to change it full time to get there and she knows what she talks about), you can try and take it out of your chest to just get rid of the loud resonance. I think I do okay with that and all I am trying to do is not draw the attention of the people 20 feet away. The person in front of me knows.

Frenchie, your comfort comes into play too. One of the first times out, my wife ordered for me. She pointed my way and went "my husband would like....". That is when I decided it just didn't matter if I ordered food or paid the cashier. She still has those slips now and then bless her heart.

FrenchieMoraine
05-20-2012, 12:24 PM
Thank you for your feedback!!

Ramie
05-20-2012, 04:09 PM
All I can say is wow, you are moving along light years faster than my wife! Congrats on the going out and I hope you're having tons of fun!