PDA

View Full Version : Dangerous fun

Frédérique
05-20-2012, 10:36 AM
“Oh, you’re no FUN anymore!” (from Monty Python)

MtF crossdressing is FUN, and if it wasn’t fun I probably wouldn’t do it at all... :hmph:

Here in my little Kansas town the locals constructed a miniature skate “park” for skateboarders, conveniently located away from downtown where the alleged urchins might bring about a breach of the peace. The park sits, alone, unwanted, and abandoned, a monument to the idea of dangerous fun, and a tacit reminder that all pleasurable activities are organized and controlled for the good of the conformist community. When I see the forlorn concrete park, I feel sad...
:sad:

If I was a skateboarder, I would use the entire town as my blank canvas, seeking out each and every place where I could do my “thing,” according to MY idea of what fun is. This would no doubt draw the attention of the locals, since they cannot appreciate my need for taking risks. The easy solution was to banish all skate freaks to the edge of town, giving them a place to “play.” In other words, you have to play by OUR rules, or not play at all. I think many local kids have had their blessed individuality crushed in this manner, and true fun is not in the offing...

Being a MtF crossdresser, I know all about having fun by taking risks. Just like the skateboarder, I cannot use public byways to express myself – the adolescent Tony Hawk is a threat to the peace (he or she might frighten a senior citizen, you know), while I am a threat to the minds of all who might gaze upon my transformed self. I admit that I like to confuse people, and this comes under the heading “dangerous fun” by my definition. Since it’s nearly impossible to explain crossdressing, not only to an ignorant public but to ourselves as well, it is a risky venture to exist in a place where I am not wanted. Unlike the skateboarder, however, there aren’t many of ME...

Being a crossdresser in such a place, going about largely unseen and unnoticed, is great fun, so I cultivate my apart-ness and enjoy this feeling of not belonging. Crossdressing is dangerous here because CD'ing is seen as a problem of sexuality – when everyone sees you as an abnormality (or worse), you take steps to preserve the fun that your chosen deviant activity provides. I use the word “deviant” quite a bit, and I admit it sounds harsh, but, to me, deviancy is simply a fact of life for anyone who goes against conformity – the more conformity I see around me, the more deviant I am, and, subsequently, the more fun (and dangerous) crossdressing becomes...

So, in short, I don’t want the locals to be aware of me. I don’t want to end up like the skateboard aficionados who were put in their place, with all the fun drained out of a previously fun activity. I feel I am highly perishable out in the world, but I still get out there from time to time, if only to “skate” right under the noses of those who cannot appreciate the need to have FUN. Doing what I do, in this stifling atmosphere of correctness, is a dangerous enterprise. I can sit here, BE who I am, and THEY can’t see me, in fact few can even imagine that I exist – I get an enormous amount of enjoyment out of that! You know, I think this is the ONLY truly dangerous thing that I do...

Do you see MtF crossdressing as dangerous fun, either NOW or back when you started? :thinking:

Many thanks to my friend kimdl93, for encouraging me to write a little something... :battingeyelashes:

KellyJameson
05-20-2012, 11:33 AM
Being an individual and not a conformist is always dangerous because those who have given into their fears and adopted conformity are reminded of this fact eveytime they encounter someone who has not. I think this is one of reasons adults resent the young who still rejoice in the game of life.

Crossdressing by choice or need certainly would threaten those who need a sterile and predictable world to support their illusion that they are secure in an insecure universe.

I have always felt an element of disgust with myself when I do not confront the monsters that hide under my bed or in my mind because without doing so I know my world will slowly shrink until I'm suffocated by the plastic of my fears wrapped around my face.

I do not experience crossdressing as dangerous fun from the perspective that I will be ostracized because you cannot be rejected by something you never joined but I have seen the violence that being different can bring but this is the same danger we all must learn to live with.

It may be a cancer or car accident a slip in the tub or an enraged person who shoots you because he thinks you are an abomination. Life is risk and life begins when you accept this fact not by trying to eliminate it which cannot be done, but by bending it to ones own purposes.

I to am a solitary creature but I'm not hiding from the world from fear only the understanding that some things are to precious to share. I do not crossdress to be seen I crossdress to live and I'm alone whether surrounded by hundreds of people or none because I revel in my own company and others only offer the possibility of adding to the pleasure of my own company. People enhance the experience of life for me but they are not necessary to it.

Life is fun.

Billie1
05-20-2012, 11:58 AM
Thank you for a well written and thoughtful piece. My mind flashed from dismal Orwellian grey to Ayn Rand's triumph of the human spirit over social mediocrity, and a few places in between. A wonderful perspective.

BTW, yes.

docrobbysherry
05-20-2012, 12:54 PM
While I understand, sympathize, and agree with most of your thread premise, Freddie, I think the similarity to skateboarders is out of place! In fact, it isn't the noise boarders create that's the big problem, it's the vandalism! The damage done by them to public and private property runs into the millions of $$ every year! We actually had to remove hand railings from one property to discourage boarders from slaloming thru the complex! I'm NOT aware of CDs causing either much noise OR vandalism!

Also, as far as deviant sex goes, speaking for myself only, it IS a problem! I was quite vanilla in my sex preference until I began dressing and developed a preference for my fem alter ego! And, I've read of other dressers who, because of one desire or another, blame their dressing for contributing to "deviant" sex issues! (See: autogenaphylia.)

However, as to the rest of your post and the FUN factor, CDs, for the most part, don't hurt, offend, or bother anyone! Whether folks find us to be odd, strange, or comical we certainly AREN'T THREATENING! And, should be treated civilly or simply left alone!
I know not every CD/TG has fun dressing! I only wish they would!

carhill2mn
05-20-2012, 06:03 PM
I am one of those who really enjoys CDing. I enjoy the process of getting ready, seeing the result and being treated as a lady when I am out.

ArleneRaquel
05-20-2012, 08:23 PM
IMHO,
CD'ing is a winner, no ifs, and's, or buts. But I may be a tad biased.

Barbara Ella
05-20-2012, 08:40 PM
FUN. That is a large element of my dressing, and the feelings I have. I can see a danger if we ever become as organized as the skateboarders, and begin hitting the large sales en mass. Those unsuspecting women would not stand a chance against a dedicated hoard of crossdressers bearing down on them at the sales rack. That might create a problem.

Barbara

Krististeph
05-24-2012, 12:31 AM
Dangerous fun
“Oh, you’re no FUN anymore!” (from Monty Python)

Now you are just ASKING for it,, quoting python… you’re so bad… J

MtF crossdressing is FUN,

Duh.
and if it wasn’t fun I probably wouldn’t do it at all... file:///C:%5CUsers%5Cjohn%5CAppData%5CLocal%5CTemp%5Cmsoht mlclip1%5C01%5Cclip_image001.gif

Hrumph… yeah, right, me too.

Here in my little Kansas town the locals constructed a miniature skate “park” for skateboarders, conveniently located away from downtown where the alleged urchins might bring about a breach of the peace. The park sits, alone, unwanted, and abandoned, a monument to the idea of dangerous fun, and a tacit reminder that all pleasurable activities are organized and controlled for the good of the conformist community. When I see the forlorn concrete park, I feel sad...
file:///C:%5CUsers%5Cjohn%5CAppData%5CLocal%5CTemp%5Cmsoht mlclip1%5C01%5Cclip_image002.gif

We have a few of these, I see kids on them on occasion. I personally see it as an attempt at communion with the zeitgeist, doomed to fail at best, but a tendril of connection, pathetic as it may be.

Being a MtF crossdresser, I know all about having fun by taking risks. Confusing people & “dangerous fun”

Very astute, Fre, as usual. I cannot believe you are not a columnist for the NY times or other similar paper.

Being a crossdresser in such a place, going about largely unseen and unnoticed, is great fun, so I cultivate my apart-ness and enjoy this feeling of not belonging.

Crossdressing is dangerous here because CD'ing is seen as a problem of sexuality –

****ing retards. Excuse me, I meant no disrespect to the retards.

So, in short, I don’t want the locals to be aware of me.

Good strategy, and tactics. Consider the Python teaching of “how not to be seen”

In seriousness, you can not reverse time- so if you expose yourself, you cannot reverse. Caution is always proper, with either lukewarm IQs or poor cognition. Hence, it is always proper, at least in this decade. L

Do you see MtF crossdressing as dangerous fun, either NOW or back when you started? file:///C:%5CUsers%5Cjohn%5CAppData%5CLocal%5CTemp%5Cmsoht mlclip1%5C01%5Cclip_image003.gif

When I started, yes, in the 80’s in Chicago. Now, in the Chicago suburbs, it is still quite uncommon in public parlance, but it is much less risqué.

Chicago is kind of interesting- you can do pretty much anything, but if you call attention to yourself, especially if unduly, you risk getting an ass kicking. But if you take care to stay low key, you’ll probably end up with more allies than aggressors

In some senses, we really are the middle of America. But don’t assume it is a safe place for a free ride,,, for your own safety….

Mythic
05-24-2012, 12:53 AM
I've never went with norms much. Not to feel like a rebel or anything(well maybe in my early teens). I just accept that if somthing isn't normal it doesnt mean anything bad. If your not actually endangering anyone or yourself then I don't care about how you live your life. You tell me "I like being who I am an what I do!" then that's awesome, cause thats more than alot of people can say.

Desiree2bababe
05-24-2012, 07:52 AM
I worried all the time when I went out regularly back in the 70's and 80's, mainly because I feared being blamed for a crime or something and using crossdressing to cover up my real identity. Never happened but I worried about it.

I always got seen one way or another by friends, so that worry disappeared pretty quickly. I really don't know how any crossdresser that ventures out in today's world and doesn't want to be known can cope as everyone has a phone camera, etc. I would think with the acceptance so broad in today's world, it would be more calming just to let it be known.

I did make some foolish mistakes such as not stopping for a tropper with blue lights ( I tried to undress ) while driving away, so dumb and ended up in much embarrasment. Then actually running on foot when a cop approached, that one put me behind bars for a few days. I hadn't done anything wrong, just scared of getting caught dressed. Heard later he actually thought I was a woman and wondered why I was in that part of the town. ( I was dressed quite nicely ).

Cynthia Anne
05-24-2012, 09:16 AM
Mankind has always lived for dangerous fun! After all it IS the best part of life! Looking at crossdressing as dangerous fun is very apliable! It's breaking the ''rules'' so to speak! I can never remember having any fun while following the ''rules'' to a tee! Thank you for your keen insight once again! Hugs!

Vanessa Storrs
05-24-2012, 07:12 PM
I love driving my sports car at speed through the mountains. Crossdressing gives me a similar rush. Neither activity is especially dangerous but both give me considerable pleasure. I'm going to have to combine both activities and put the top down and take a crossdressed drive.