PDA

View Full Version : Telling my close friend

mika
05-21-2012, 06:05 AM
I work with a female who is a very close friend yet I haven't told her of my cross dressing life style. I hope it doesn't affect our friendship but I feel I need to tell her. Wish me luck girls, hopefully all turns out well!

Karren H
05-21-2012, 06:32 AM
I'd bet it will effect it... Whether is positive or negative is the question. Be aware that telling someone your secret drags them into your closet. Puts a burden on them. Hopefully she's accepting. But prepare yourself for the worst if she's not.

Beth Mays
05-21-2012, 06:40 AM
maybe insted of full disclosure go for a fact or two... then guage if the big picture would be too much.

Jeanna
05-21-2012, 06:41 AM
I'll add to what Karen just said, also be prepared for her tell your secret to other people as well, if it turns out good or not.

WifeofWrenchette
05-21-2012, 06:50 AM
Make sure she can't "harm" you in anyway. I've read many stories of people "outing" their so-called friend to their employers, families, etc. People they didn't want to know. I'd think this through before disclosing everything. Go slowly and see how she reacts first.

Sara Jessica
05-21-2012, 07:15 AM
The question is why do you feel compelled to tell her?

Especially with her also being a co-worker. Are you prepared for the entire world to know about you? It goes without saying, once the genie is out of the bottle, she cannot be put back inside.

And of even greater importance, what does your wife think of your disclosures to others???