PDA

View Full Version : Heading to Boston soon. Where to go during the day?

GinaM
05-22-2012, 11:20 AM
I'm heading into Boston in less than 2 weeks and was curious were I could get dolled up and head up during the day while remaining safe. Where to park etc. would be fantastic. Is Landsdown St. a good place or the Commons?

Ashlynn Marie
05-22-2012, 12:13 PM
Well dolled up like as in fancy....take in a show in the theatre district, have dinner there or hang out in the north end.
If you are just looking around and going for a walk....boylston street or that area would be nice. Public gardens would be nice too. Read a book and enjoy the scenery. Quincy market has alot of shops too, but more casual.

LeaP
05-22-2012, 12:43 PM
I agree with Boylston street. Boston Common connects with the Public Garden which borders the Back Bay. Newbury Street in the Back Bay is upscale/designer shops and galleries. Commonwealth Avenue is a broad tree-lined residential street with a parkway running down its center that's also a nice walk. If you want indoors, the Back Bay has the Prudential and Copley Place malls. The Prudential mall has an entrance on Boylston.

The only thing of note on Landsdowne Street is Fenway Park, bars, and places like House of Blues and Jillian's (billiards, bowling, bar). It's pretty deserted when there's no game, and too crowded when there is. The crowd is a mix of locals, college kids, and whatever. It would not be on my list of places to go dressed.

EjayeCD
05-22-2012, 04:49 PM
n addition to the previous advice, go to Jacque's Cabater. Just tell the cabbie.

Rogina B
05-22-2012, 08:02 PM
Park at the garage under the Commons. You can easily walk most anywhere from there. There are plenty of parking lots by the Fan Pier,if you want to walk the harborfront. Enjoy yourself.

Jinny M
05-22-2012, 11:17 PM
When I go up enfemme , I generally hit the Back Bay area as mentioned by others . But it's during the day , once every 3 months. I usually park at the parking garage at Fenway Health at 1340 Boylston Street . it's up near Fenway Park n the block of Yawkee Way and Boylston , its across the street from a subway subs and beside the burger king . The garage is under the building. I see a Doctor at Fenway Health for my Hormones , I usually make a day of it and walk down Boylston then over to Newbury street. The Girls at the MAC stores are always very willing and helpfull . then I usuallygo in and out of the stores on Newbury . there are some nice 2nd hand clothing stores with great buys and a couple of stores with cheap jewlery. There is also plenty of nail Salons and regular Salons on Newbury street. That area in general is real busy and nobody bothers you. there are alot of GLBT in that area anyway . The Gardens of the Common is also there at the bottom of Newbury st . Just go , be yourself and have a great time. Now for night tme , I couldnt tell you, but as some else mentioned I haerd Jaques Caberiet is fun.

Sally24
05-23-2012, 10:59 AM
Jacques Cabaret is fun to experience at least once but can be a bit seedy. It can be a pickup spot so if that is not your intention make that clear to people. I find shopping in Boston fun at any of the malls mentioned. Newbury Street is great but expensive and I don't know how far you want to walk if you are wearing your normal high heels. The Museum of Fine Arts (MFA) is always beautiful and fun for me. I love walking in the common near the swan boats, also a great place to take pictures. I would be clear of the common at night if you are alone as there can be crime at night. If you want to meet others than PM me and I'll provide links to our local T-girl groups. Have fun!