PDA

View Full Version : An understanding Mum/Mom

YorkshireRose
05-22-2012, 02:03 PM
I took my 6 year old son to the local park at the weekend and as you can imagine it was really busy. Filled with kids running around without a worry in the world. The innocence of youth eh? Well anyway my son decided he wanted to go on the rope slide, or death slide as we used to call it as kids. But it was only a small one as just tots were going on it.

So we joined the queue as it was quite a popular ride, in fact I fancied a go to be quite honest. Anyway I got chatting to the lady in front of me who was with her little one, in a Disney, Cinderella, princess dress.
I smiled as we queued, thinking I would loved to have been able to wear something like that as a kid, so I just said your daughter looks so cute in that princess dress. So she turns to me and says "He's a boy, but absolutely loves dresses."
I was really taken aback to be honest, as I know I wouldn't have been allowed to dress like that, even at such a young age, but I was thrilled that this mum was absolutely cool with her son wanting to play dress up. I went home with a huge smile.

Cynthia Anne
05-22-2012, 02:20 PM
Some kids have all the luck! Sounds a little like my sister and her youngest! Why not me!!!!!!! Hugs!

Leanne2
05-22-2012, 02:21 PM
Good for her! That is what I wanted and needed 55 years ago. But I was just told," boys don't wear dresses." Well guess what? Yes they do. Leanne

Beverley Sims
05-22-2012, 02:25 PM
My son liked a tu tu when he was about 4, went around zapping everyone with the fairy wand.
No he doesn't CD now. I don't think so any way.:)

Marleena
05-22-2012, 02:42 PM
That's a wonderful story of acceptance. Thank for sharing that.:)

YorkshireRose
05-22-2012, 02:45 PM
Well it made me smile and it was lovely to see.

Marleena
05-22-2012, 02:51 PM
Well it made me smile and it was lovely to see.

Back when I was a kid that would never happen. Sounds like a terrific mom.:)

Barbara Ella
05-22-2012, 02:56 PM
What a wonderful story, and a mum to match. Hope you were able to give a positive response to her.

Barbara

YorkshireRose
05-22-2012, 03:38 PM
I certainly did Barbara I was very encouraging and your right Marleena, I think that was the case for most of us sadly.

Charlotte