PDA

View Full Version : You name it?

Trinity_cat
11-10-2005, 09:12 PM
Hi guys,
I was just wondering about names.
Most, if not all, in the M-F forums have given themselves a female name.
Do you in the F-M club do the same ?

Abraxas
11-11-2005, 01:26 AM
Yeah, most of us do.
My full male name is Benjamin Edward Durante. Classy, eh? :cool:

Trinity_cat
11-11-2005, 09:20 AM
Hi abraxas, that is one classy name :thumbsup:

Do be careful where you leave your top hat sir :p

Amelie
11-11-2005, 12:38 PM
Yeah, most of us do.
My full male name is Benjamin Edward Durante. Classy, eh? :cool:

It's a sexy name as well,, the initials spell B.E.D.

CaptLex
11-11-2005, 02:41 PM
Hi guys,
I was just wondering about names.
Most, if not all, in the M-F forums have given themselves a female name.
Do you in the F-M club do the same ?

Hi Catrina,

As Abraxas said, most do. My name, Lex, is short for (and a masculinized version of) my middle name, Alexis. The captain part is just because I like all things nautical (and piratical).

Avast matey! ;)

sammyboi
11-12-2005, 11:53 AM
yea i do too my name is Sam(uel) Lewis Harvey

Gabriel
11-13-2005, 11:37 AM
Yup. Originally I thought "gabriel" sounds cool and male, but then the movie "Constantine" just ruined it for me... so now I just use whatever that comes to mind online.:cool:

Kimberly
11-13-2005, 12:15 PM
It struck me that in "Constantine" Gabriel was between genders... This is how it appeared to me, anyway. And it is a cool male name. :D

Abraxas
11-14-2005, 07:57 AM
Yeah, Gabriel the angel was, well... Erm... Okay, so I haven't read the Bible, but I believe in the movie Gabe was supposed to be androgynous and they picked a woman simply because it's easier for women to appear androgynous than it is for most men. Or perhaps they auditioned men and women for the role and she was simply the best for the part. I guess there's a thing that angels aren't supposed to be one sex or the other, like Alan Rickman in Dogma (his anatomical incorrectness and whatever). It seems to be a common theme.

Gabriel is a male name, where as Gabriella is the female version. I suppose you could go by Gabe if you wanted, but I think Gabriel is a fine choice (although I've typed it so many times in this post it's begun to look strange to me)!

Maria D
11-17-2005, 03:57 PM
Hi :)

Gabriel was/is an angel, and like all angels is sexless, having no need of sex, and only having a physical body when needed. They appeared many ways, sometimes with many wings, sometimes none; sometimes golden, sometimes like lightning, etc. Though sexless, they had male torsos. This is probably because the bibles were written in a male dominated society, but that's just my thought. Of course, the bible may or may not be true ;)

Personally I think Gabriel or Gabe is a great name, it sounds quite rugged somehow. Perhaps because of the actor Gabriel Burns?

At school I was friends with an Alex, and he always ended up being called 'Al'. He didn't like it though, prefering the full 'Alex'.

Take care
Maria

Gabriel
11-18-2005, 08:44 PM
Thanks guys! :D

I didn't know that angels are genderless... must've been too brainwashed by the images of "Touched by an Angel" (mostly female angels anyway). :rolleyes:

Kimberly
11-19-2005, 07:07 AM
Kinda cool for an orgnaised religious group to come up with something like Angels are androgynous...

Makes you see some hope in things. I know there are some Angel's on this site xx

Jasmine Ellis
11-19-2005, 05:09 PM
My real name is chris, which I use now and again but I do love my name as Jasmin;)

morgantoy25
11-21-2005, 09:05 AM
my name is Mitchell Ray. i chose those because it is the same initals as my given names and my girlfriend loves those names