PDA

View Full Version : "Makes Me Wish I Wuz A Crossdresser!"

Debglam
05-23-2012, 11:11 AM
Ok, so I’m admitting to watching this TV show “My Big Fat American Gypsy Wedding.” Kind of like watching a train wreck but that is another story. Let me just sum it up by saying that these folks are just over the top. . . :eek:

So hillbilly dad takes 15 year old daughter to pick up a custom made gown for a party where she can meet a husband(!). They get to the dressmakers and here is the outfit:
Hillbilly dad’s first comment is “Makes me wish I were a crossdresser.”

I just start laughing and my wife spits whatever she was drinking all over the sofa! Ladies, ya can’t make this stuff up! :battingeyelashes:

Big Smiles,
Debby

Beverley Sims
05-23-2012, 11:15 AM
Some ethnic groups do seem over the top.
Try some of the Japanese game shows.:)

reflections-of
05-23-2012, 11:17 AM
That is a very girl dress, it looks fun, but may be a little to sissy-ish for me.

Cindy M
05-23-2012, 11:29 AM
Life would be simpler if that all I was...

rachaelsloane
05-23-2012, 11:32 AM
OK, the line is really funny, but aren't you suppose to be at work?

katie_barns
05-23-2012, 11:47 AM
Wow, That makes perfect sense. I must be part Gypsy!

Crissy Kay
05-23-2012, 11:52 AM
I do like some sissy stuff myself, but that dress is way over the top, even for me!!!

Kate Simmons
05-23-2012, 12:09 PM
Yeah, kinda makes me wish I was one too. Wait, I am one..or am I?:heehee::battingeyelashes::)

My Lady Marsea
05-23-2012, 12:15 PM
Like so totally wish I'd had a body like that at 15 LMAO. BTW, I enjoy the show.

Brigid
05-23-2012, 12:38 PM
What network is this on?

Debglam
05-25-2012, 06:10 PM
Here is the other outfit she wore:

:brolleyes:

OK, the line is really funny, but aren't you suppose to be at work?

Uhhhh, I AM at work. . " :spank:

What network is this on?

TLC.

Marleena
05-25-2012, 06:27 PM
I remember that episode! Funny line there Deb.:)

Think it was on TLC? Anyways they sure have a different lifestyle.

stacycoral
05-25-2012, 06:41 PM
Deb, will the dress come in my size, cute and hot, thanks girlfriend for sharing.

Cynthia Anne
05-25-2012, 06:58 PM
Looks like the dress I wore to church last Sunday!:eek::heehee::hugs:

kellycan27
05-25-2012, 07:14 PM
Ok, so I’m admitting to watching this TV show “My Big Fat American Gypsy Wedding.” Kind of like watching a train wreck but that is another story. Let me just sum it up by saying that these folks are just over the top. . . :eek:

So hillbilly dad takes 15 year old daughter to pick up a custom made gown for a party where she can meet a husband(!). They get to the dressmakers and here is the outfit:
Hillbilly dad’s first comment is “Makes me wish I were a crossdresser.”

I just start laughing and my wife spits whatever she was drinking all over the sofa! Ladies, ya can’t make this stuff up! :battingeyelashes:

Big Smiles,
Debby

Let's not forget... people who live in glass houses....... just sayin

Debglam
05-25-2012, 08:08 PM
Let's not forget... people who live in glass houses....... just sayin

No offense intended Kelly. PM me if I am missing something.

kellycan27
05-25-2012, 09:19 PM
No offense intended Kelly. PM me if I am missing something.

I wasn't offended, just saying.. most people here don't like being made fun or criticized because of how they dress. If we start making fun of others how can we complain about people making light of us?

"I just start laughing and my wife spits whatever she was drinking all over the sofa! Ladies, ya can’t make this stuff up!"

Debglam
05-25-2012, 09:39 PM
I wasn't offended, just saying.. most people here don't like being made fun or criticized because of how they dress. If we start making fun of others how can we complain about people making light of us?

"I just start laughing and my wife spits whatever she was drinking all over the sofa! Ladies, ya can’t make this stuff up!"

Kelly, the laughter was at this pretty rough looking guy looking at this dress and saying "It makes me wish I wuz a crossdresser." I don't care about the dress itself but it would be a cold day in hell before I would let one of my daughters out of the house in it, let alone buying it for a 15 year old so she can find a husband! Not making fun of the clothes or the child but a father that is trying to marry off his 15 year old is certainly fair game for comment. Maybe I should add that he made her drop out of school in the 5th grade so she could learn her proper role of cleaning house and serving her man. Frankly, other than the dad's silly comment, the show is pretty sad.

5150 Girl
05-25-2012, 09:44 PM
What? a 15 year old hillbilly is just getting married? She's already 2 years behind schedual!!! Her Unkle Daddy should have maried her off ot her Cousin Brother by now!

Marie GG
05-25-2012, 09:52 PM
OMG this show is so crazy! A girlfriend and I always watch it for the crazy outfits! You just can't stop watching.

MandyGG
05-25-2012, 09:59 PM
That's awesome!!!! I want to watch that show now!!! I always miss the good stuff!!!

5150Girl, My nephew is referred to as Cousin-Brother because he is almost the exact same age as my son!!! LMAO! I nearly feel off the couch when I read your comment!

Jenniferathome
05-25-2012, 10:27 PM
Deb, my wife LOVES this show! It's like a train wreck. It's unbelievable they all think this look is classy! I feel bad for them and the limits they put on their girl's lives.

kellycan27
05-25-2012, 10:44 PM
My bad.. I don't know what I was reading...........

Kel

Debglam
05-25-2012, 11:03 PM
I have to admit that I am a sucker for these shows like "Big Rich Texas", "Housewives of. . ." , etc. I don't like the way they treat the women in the two "My Big Fat Gypsy Wedding" shows (the original is in England and the new version is in the US) but the fancy dresses really are over the top. I think once the dressmaker mentioned that a single dress had over 100 yards of fabric and weighed close to 100 pounds! Here is a photo from one of the weddings:

http://i.telegraph.co.uk/multimedia/archive/01805/gypsy3smaller_1805824c.jpg

The girly-girl in me would have loved to play dress-up in one of these when I was little but ya just don't see many real brides wearing dresses like this.

Debby

docrobbysherry
05-26-2012, 12:55 AM
Thanks for lovely pics, Debby! I don't watch commercial TV. So, I don't recall any of the shows mentioned here. But, as for those first 2 outfits? I think they're smokin' sexy and would definitely wear them! In fact, I've already have worn 2 that were very similar! Lol!

However, those last 2 wedding cake dresses don't really do it for me! THAT'S what I'd call over the top! Maybe when I mature I'll change my mind!?

Tina B.
05-26-2012, 09:21 AM
I'm confused, I've been to a few hillbilly weddings, and they didn't look at all like that, are you sure we are not talking about Gypsy's here?
I would be surprised by the outfit at a hillbilly wedding, but at a gypsy wedding it would be appropriate, just saying.
Gypsies have always had there own way of dressing, and sense of style, and it has always been over the top as far as the way the rest of the world See's them, kind of like us.
As far as her looking for a husband, well to each culture there own. I've seen the show, and it seems the young things are eager for that match to be made.
Tina B.

Debglam
05-26-2012, 09:55 AM
I'm confused, I've been to a few hillbilly weddings, and they didn't look at all like that, are you sure we are not talking about Gypsy's here?

Don't be confused Tina. The show is about Gypsies and having seen the UK version of the show, the dresses seem to be a part of that culture. This particular episode took place in rural West Virginia hence the hillbilly aspect. Quite a combination.

Ally 2112
05-26-2012, 09:58 AM
I too am guilty of whatching this show mostly to see the dresses .It also makes me wish i was a crossdresser .Wait i am one :)