PDA

View Full Version : Money

janet54
05-23-2012, 12:37 PM
Ladies. I know a spend alot of money on fashion be it all on the full look. I wonder how much we put in to the fashion industry as we buy alot Girls. As you know Girls on all the femme things.

Sallee
05-23-2012, 12:40 PM
I am sure it is a fair amount But a small pittance compared to the rest of the fashion industry We are such a small market

Krista Doll
05-23-2012, 12:44 PM
I venture to say that I spend alot of $ on girly stuff but it is shared with my best G.G. friend who knows and is accepting of My FEM side but is always saying that I spend way to much and should get some GUY stuff for Myself which I do but not very much as I tend to like the girly stuff way more.:heehee::heehee:

Karren H
05-23-2012, 12:44 PM
All I know is I have been donating 3 to 4 thousand dollars a year for many many years...

Kate Simmons
05-23-2012, 01:38 PM
Yeah I know Hon. Sometimes my credit card just plain "smokes" girlfriend.:battingeyelashes::)

Diane Smith
05-23-2012, 11:22 PM
I suspect I spend more than the "average" GG on higher-end clothing, but probably less on everyday stuff, so it kind of evens out. And I know several GGs who always dress to the nines and must spend thousands and thousands a year on their clothes. All told, although I'm sure we are a decent part of the business of some stores, the fashion industry certainly wouldn't thrive on our spending alone, and they would probably barely notice if we all suddenly disappeared from the earth (although I don't wish for that to happen).

I do understand that in certain narrow product categories like pantyhose, and certainly over-size-11 women's shoes, crossdressers are a very significant, if not publicly acknowledged, part of the target market.

- Diane

Kim Young
05-24-2012, 12:06 AM
I don't spend that much on femme stuff as GGs do but I definitely spend more money on femme clothes than guy clothes. I joke that most of my male clothes are older than my kids but it's only funny because it's true.

If you compare the spending on women's fashions based on actual time spent in female mode, my spending would eclipse most GGs, since I'm only in girl mode a few hours a week. If I were in girl mode 24/7 I'm sure my spending would slow down but would still be above average.

BillieJoEllen
05-24-2012, 10:09 AM
I have just about anything and everything I want. Sure there are a few things I would still like to buy but I'm getting older and I really must cut back. Still I spend $2-500 per year.

IngeInCO
05-24-2012, 10:21 AM
I'm cheap but do spend some. I try to buy things we can share or "help" her buy things I fancy. I do see myself buying more though as I get more comfortable as Inge.

RADER
05-24-2012, 10:21 AM
All I know is I have been donating 3 to 4 thousand dollars a year for many many years...

Karren:
If you want my address, just ask, I will even give you a tax deductible receipt.
Rader

susan54
05-24-2012, 03:45 PM
This is a significant point. I have freedom to dress as I wish at home and go out in these clothes frequently. Last year (without counting consumables such as make up and tights) I spent £7000 on women's clothes. Obviously I am going to try and cut this in 2012. But imagine of the fashion industry, which is not without influence, made it MUCH easier for men to buy skirts and dresses, how the economy would bounce up! According to last weekend's Sunday Times, the latest skirt fad for men is actually being reflected in sales. It might be on its way. THis is just a question of confidence - make it easy and acceptable for men to wear skirts and dresses and we will (much more than we currently do).

Mistybtm
05-24-2012, 03:47 PM
I am afraid to find out how much I spend :)