PDA

View Full Version : Sometimes, you just have to have a sense of humor about it all!

MandyGG
05-23-2012, 10:20 PM
My mom and dad were watching our 17 month old son this afternoon.

My dad looks over at me and my husband and says, "He was trying on your mom's gold high heels and then went after her purse! You are going to have to have a talk with your son!"

I was flabbergasted. I swear my chin hit the floor! Audrey pulled out a "Guess so!" with ease. Handling it way better than I did!

When we got into our room this evening, I looked over at my husband and said, "So, what are you going to talk to our son about? Are you just going to give him some pointers?!?!"

We both laughed so hard that I fell off the bed. Then we laughed some more at my expense!

Sometimes, I just have to love my life with my Crossdressing husband!!!

Barbara Ella
05-23-2012, 10:27 PM
That is too sweet. You've got to love it, or leave it alone, that's for sure.

Barbara

Cynthia Anne
05-23-2012, 11:23 PM
Thank you for the great story! I love to have a good laugh before going to bed! Thanks! Hugs!

Bree Wagner
05-23-2012, 11:45 PM
Hahahahaa. I would have laughed just as hard. Great story.

Somewhat similar experience: My wife had a friend over and our 3 year old comes tromping around the corner in some great red heels of mine. After commenting on my daughters ability to walk in the shoes, my wife's friend told something like "those are great shoes, I'm surprised they belong to you". My wife almost never wears any kind of heels so had to end up replying with "They're nice, but I never really wear them anymore." Good cover hun, good cover.

Kids, huh?

-Bree

BRANDYJ
05-23-2012, 11:55 PM
I have said it before Mandy, but I'll say it again. You've come a long way Baby! Loved that story. To funny and cute.

MandyGG
05-24-2012, 12:01 AM
Omg, Brandy! You are so very right!!! 2 years ago, a comment like that from someone would have shut me down for days! There would have been no laughter, but most likely a fight! I HAVE come a long way!!

erickka
05-24-2012, 05:36 AM
Mandy, you're one of a kind! Not only are you supportive of your S/O, you DO have a wonderful sense of humor. It would be awesome if we all had wives/girlfriends like you.

Silentpartner GG SO
05-24-2012, 05:42 AM
Thats hilarious Mandy! and great you can laugh about it xx

TxKimberly
05-24-2012, 06:08 AM
Awe, cute story, and very much something I could see my wife and I doing. My two year old son has indeed done the same thing - likes to try and wear "moms" shoes and was always stealing his big sisters dolls and doll house until we got him his own. I DO worry about it as I dont want anyone to grow up with the head trips that I have, but my wife keeps telling me to let it go - it's normal for a little feller and he will grow out of it.
Keep seeing the humor in life - it will make living so much better. :)

Raychel
05-24-2012, 06:13 AM
Sometimes you just have to laugh. My wife was having some issues with some of her friends lately. She said if she had any male friends then everyone thought she was fooling around and the girl friends were to catty. She asked me what she was supposed to do.

I had a simple solution that made her laugh. She just needed male friends that dressed like girls. :heehee:

A good laugh helps sometimes, even if it is at your own expense.

Kate Simmons
05-24-2012, 08:00 AM
In the end your Son will be who he will be Mandy. What makes the difference is when he knows he is loved and appreciated for who he is as a person.:)

Marleena
05-24-2012, 08:15 AM
Cute Story. Kids will be kids, it's a harmless play time thing for him.:) In the old days parents would stop it in a hurry afraid their son may turn out gay. Now we know it's harmless fun and making a big deal out of it is the wrong thing to do. The overwhelming majority of kids (girls too) grow out of it. It's just play time.

Thanks for the smile Mandy.:)

Tina B.
05-24-2012, 08:37 AM
Sure Mandy, he will grow out of it, we all did, right! Very funny story, just glad you waited until you where in your room and didn't laugh when dad said it. And yes Audrey an have that talk with the little fella, someone will have to teach him what shoes go with which outfit..
Tina B.

JamieG
05-24-2012, 11:01 AM
Thanks for sharing the story, Mandy. I have two girls, and no plans to have any more kids, so I won't have any similar comments from my parents. However, the other week my three year old daughter was hiding behind a chair in her room. This is usually a sign that she's gotten into some sort of trouble. I asked her to come out, and when she showed me her face, I had to stifle a laugh. She had drawn a grin on her face with blue magic marker that looked eerily like the Joker. I asked, "Oh honey, what did you do?" She replied, "I was trying to look like a man." I paused for a moment considering this; she doesn't seem transgendered, and my wife and I are obviously hyper-aware of the issue. Then I remembered the old MadTV sketch with the laundromat lady: "I saw him, he loooook like a man." I took a stab, and asked, "You mean look like a clown?" "Yes," she replied simply. I asked her not to draw on her face again, and cleaned her up with a washcloth. Kids!

Kaz
05-24-2012, 11:17 AM
You are a special person Mandy! Lovely story - really relate to it!

Joanne f
05-24-2012, 11:56 AM
Great story , it is times like that which can set a little corner of your brain wondering " Do they know something" it is fun being guilty sometimes.

MandyGG
05-24-2012, 10:15 PM
Aww, Thanks Everyone!! And.... Thanks for sharing your stories, too!!!

We might not get everything right in parenting, but the journey is fun while doing it! It amazes me how much kids absorb!

However he may turn out doesn't change how much I love him!

Sally24
05-25-2012, 05:16 PM
My daughter has worked in daycare and the little boys enjoy the costume box as much as anyone. She had a Dad that did very well. His little boy had dressed up in a prom dress, high heels, lipstck and a feathered boa. When he came out to show his Dad, his father sucked it up and told him he looked very nice. My daughter said you could see the fathers face going thru various expressions trying to figure out how to handle the situation!

Debglam
05-25-2012, 06:02 PM
Mandy,

My wife an I are going on 22 years of marriage and being able to laugh together is one of the best relationship "tools" I can think of. A recent example (http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?174835-quot-Makes-Me-Wish-I-Wuz-A-Crossdresser!-quot&p=2851529&highlight=#post2851529).

Now what I would do depends on what color the purse was. "Son, you CAN'T wear gold heels with that!" :heehee:

Best to the whole family,
Debby

Marie GG
05-25-2012, 06:04 PM
Mandy some day I hope to be as excepting as you. And be able to laugh about it more :)

MandyGG
05-25-2012, 06:08 PM
Mandy some day I hope to be as excepting as you. And be able to laugh about it more :)

You will get there Marie! I promise! Like Brandy mentioned earlier in the thread, it took me 2 years to get here!

Edited to add:

Debby, If it happens again, I think we are going to have to say something.... because the purse was black and SILVER! gasp!!!!

BRANDYJ
05-25-2012, 06:40 PM
You will get there Marie! I promise! Like Brandy mentioned earlier in the thread, it took me 2 years to get here!

Edited to add:

Debby, If it happens again, I think we are going to have to say something.... because the purse was black and SILVER! gasp!!!!

Marie, Mandy is putting it mildly. I remember when she first came aboard. She was nearly a basket case or emotions. I've watched her in these past 2 years become one of the brightest and active members here. I have nothing but love and respect for her. Please get those 10 posts in so you can join FAB. There you can say things that you don't want any of us CD members ease dropping on. If FAB is a big reason Mandy came a long way, then it's doing it's job of helping wives and SO's with their worries, concerns and e need to know you are far from alone.

Marie GG
05-25-2012, 06:46 PM
Brandy- I am working on the posts, I very much would like to join the FAB group.
I waited a long while before even looking at this forum. I was too up and down before. I didn't want to lash out at someone here. Now I think I am at a place where I can edit myself and not post on a day when I am feeling frustrated, but it would be nice to have someone who understands to vent to.

BRANDYJ
05-25-2012, 06:52 PM
Marie, another great thing is that after you get those 10 posts, you will be able to send and receive private messages to those that you want to talk to and get to know better. When you get there, you can vent to me all you want. I'm old enough to be your grandpa, but maybe I have some thoughts that will help you should you want a CD/man's view point.

Debglam
05-25-2012, 06:53 PM

Marie, for what it is worth, my wife and I are working our way through this by both realizing that this is just one part (good or bad) of our relationship and life together. We communicate honestly and we both give a little. Seems to be working but it does take time. My wife recently said to me that "I KNOW that you are still you." That was about the best present I could have gotten!

Debby

RebeccaLynne
05-25-2012, 07:11 PM

Mandy, your son may grow up to be a crossdresser... but it could be worse, given his purse selection.

Might be a budding Oakland Raiders fan... can't imagine anything more distasteful in your neck of the woods. :eek:

Marie GG
05-25-2012, 07:21 PM
Marie, another great thing is that after you get those 10 posts, you will be able to send and receive private messages to those that you want to talk to and get to know better. When you get there, you can vent to me all you want. I'm old enough to be your grandpa, but maybe I have some thoughts that will help you should you want a CD/man's view point.

Brandy I would like that very much. I have read a lot of posts that both you and Mandy have written and thought that both of you would be very good for me to talk to, if you'd let me.

BRANDYJ
05-25-2012, 07:51 PM
Brandy I would like that very much. I have read a lot of posts that both you and Mandy have written and thought that both of you would be very good for me to talk to, if you'd let me.

Let you? I would be honored Marie. BTW, I had a younger sister named Marie. She passed away from cancer over 10 years ago. As for Mandy, I'd stay away from her. She's crazy. Have you seen her profile picture? :eek: :devil: But then again, that's why I heart her so much. :love:

MandyGG
05-25-2012, 08:19 PM
Well, Look at what all I missed while I was cooking dinner!!!! (I made sloppy joes, for those that may want to know! Don't give me a hard time... I have 3 kids, so the dinner choice makes sense! LOL!)

Marie, Mandy is putting it mildly. I remember when she first came aboard. She was nearly a basket case or emotions. I've watched her in these past 2 years become one of the brightest and active members here. I have nothing but love and respect for her. Please get those 10 posts in so you can join FAB. There you can say things that you don't want any of us CD members ease dropping on. If FAB is a big reason Mandy came a long way, then it's doing it's job of helping wives and SO's with their worries, concerns and e need to know you are far from alone.

FAB was a MAJOR factor in my acceptance!!! HUGE! MASSIVE!!! MONUMENTAL!!! It's true, though, I was a M.E.S.S.!!

Brandy- I am working on the posts, I very much would like to join the FAB group.
I waited a long while before even looking at this forum. I was too up and down before. I didn't want to lash out at someone here. Now I think I am at a place where I can edit myself and not post on a day when I am feeling frustrated, but it would be nice to have someone who understands to vent to.

When you are in FAB, you wont have to worry about biting your tongue. That is what we are there for.... to get our frustrations out and help each other through them!! Please make your 10 posts and do your phone interview!!!

You may want to take him up on this! He was the first CD ever to reach out to me, and help me see things from the male point of view. He is a wonderful person, and worth his weight in gold!

Marie, for what it is worth, my wife and I are working our way through this by both realizing that this is just one part (good or bad) of our relationship and life together. We communicate honestly and we both give a little. Seems to be working but it does take time. My wife recently said to me that "I KNOW that you are still you." That was about the best present I could have gotten!

Debby

This is great, Debby! That is all a wife really wants.... to make sure that the man she married is still the man she married. Is she a member here?

Mandy, your son may grow up to be a crossdresser... but it could be worse, given his purse selection.

Might be a budding Oakland Raiders fan... can't imagine anything more distasteful in your neck of the woods. :eek:

Shut Your Mouth!!! The only color that goes with silver in this town is BLUE!!!!! LOL!!!

I would love to help you! There are so many amazing GG's here, and we are all in different levels of our acceptance.... and that is so great when you have different viewpoints on the same topic in FAB. We mesh really well together. Can't wait to have you there with us!!

Let you? I would be honored Marie. BTW, I had a younger sister named Marie. She passed away from cancer over 10 years ago. As for Mandy, I'd stay away from her. She's crazy. Have you seen her profile picture? :eek: :devil: But then again, that's why I heart her so much. :love:

Again, Brandy, you are correct. I am a flippin' loon! One step away from the straight jacket! (But, it will go so well with my tomato eyes!)

BRANDYJ
05-25-2012, 08:32 PM
Well, Look at what all I missed while I was cooking dinner!!!! (I made sloppy joes, for those that may want to know! Don't give me a hard time... I have 3 kids, so the dinner choice makes sense! LOL!)

Now that's funny! You made a typical single man's dinner (My SO lives 1200 miles away, so single in the sense of dinner alone anyway) today while I slow cooked a bone in pork roast garnished with sliced potatoes and cut carrots. Sat down to a feast of melt in your mouth pork smothered in cold apple sause and the juicy potatoes and carrots. Crock pots are great! Yeah, i'm stuffed!:drink:

MandyGG
05-25-2012, 08:36 PM
I am so jealous!!! My sloppy joes are fantastic, dont get me wrong, but they aint no pork roast and apple sauce!!!!

Debglam
05-25-2012, 09:12 PM
This is great, Debby! That is all a wife really wants.... to make sure that the man she married is still the man she married. Is she a member here?

Yes, but a very infrequent visitor. ForeverGirl.

Marie GG
05-25-2012, 09:24 PM

Brandy, I am sorry about your sister.

I am glad that all of you are so welcoming my first day posting! I will send you a message as soon as I get my posts :)
Maybe I'll have to think twice about Mandy ;)

MandyGG
05-25-2012, 09:40 PM
Yes, but a very infrequent visitor. ForeverGirl.

I will keep an eye out for her!

Brandy, I am sorry about your sister.

I am glad that all of you are so welcoming my first day posting! I will send you a message as soon as I get my posts :)
Maybe I'll have to think twice about Mandy ;)

Good idea! You don't want to get mixed up with the likes of me! I come from the other side of the tracks, so I am trouble!

Wait... When did I turn into a teenage boy from the 50's or a John Hughes movie!?!?

Marie GG
05-25-2012, 09:48 PM
Mandy the more of your posts that I read, the more I like you. I think I am up to 8 now so almost there :D

Babeba
05-27-2012, 12:01 AM
Oh Mandy, this made me <3 Audrey!! (also your adorable little chitluns running around!) it also made me super proud of your acceptance and sense of humor, too! :hugs:

You know, though... Your little guy COULD have been trying to show with that silver and black purse that he thinks the LA Kings are about to win the Stanley Cup?? And the gold shoes are to show that cup is more precious than gold! He's not trying to show you he's coming out of the closet as a cross dresser, he's trying to come out of the closet as a hockey fan!

MandyGG
05-27-2012, 12:08 AM
Oh Mandy, this made me <3 Audrey!! (also your adorable little chitluns running around!) it also made me super proud of your acceptance and sense of humor, too! :hugs:

You know, though... Your little guy COULD have been trying to show with that silver and black purse that he thinks the LA Kings are about to win the Stanley Cup?? And the gold shoes are to show that cup is more precious than gold! He's not trying to show you he's coming out of the closet as a cross dresser, he's trying to come out of the closet as a hockey fan!

That is possible Babs.... considering I know nothing about hockey! He is giving me clues that I need to head north soon! Hmm.... what, oh, what would give me a reason to head north soon!?! :heehee: