PDA

View Full Version : Writing to compliment stores/services

heathr1
05-24-2012, 12:40 PM
I write and compliment stores etc. if they have been particularly helpful and understanding when shopping for girly things.

I know it is how everyone should be, but not all shops are that sympathetic.

Have you written to thank someone for very good service?

Lesley_Roberta
05-24-2012, 03:32 PM
I write and compliment stores etc. if they have been particularly helpful and understanding when shopping for girly things.

I know it is how everyone should be, but not all shops are that sympathetic.

Have you written to thank someone for very good service?

It's in my nature to make a point of telling people when they do good. I'm known to ask for the manager when I go out to eat if the food/service was good and to make a point of telling the boss directly his staff has done well by me. Yeah I have heard people say, the tip means more than the compliment, but I would rather be a positive comment on their next employee appraisal than just a couple of bucks.

I was once at the grocery store when I had occasion to be checking out. Was trying to get along out of the way of the guy behind me (with a son) so that he could check out.
The girl at the cash (older woman actually), asked the man for the price of the item. No response, asked again thinking might not have been heard.
The man starts getting nasty about her being rude and impatient, that he was waiting for me to get out of the way. And then he just starts on and on and on.
The woman apologised, and he didn't seem to care. Just too damned butt hurt.
I know everyone of the staff, and this woman is pleasant.
I wasn't taking it. I started in on him, told him to shut the hell up, the woman had nothing to apologise for at all, the only rude person was him, and maybe next time I will take pains to move as slow as possible so that he can truly experience the pleasure of waiting his bloody turn. Walked out with my wife who met me at the doors all the while grumbling not even remotely nice things about the man.
I'd have loved him to pick a fight, I was tired, but I had my cane with me. Go ahead buddy ever been clocked by an axe handle.

Phoned the store when I got home to ensure the cashier was given an outside opinion stating what really happened just in case the jerk went to management.