PDA

View Full Version : Which crossdressing items should I not pack in my suitcase?

Princess Chantal
05-24-2012, 09:25 PM
I am flying from Winnipeg to Charlottetown in 10 days and am wondering which crossdressing items are acceptable in the suitcase.
The items that I am concerned with are silicone breast forms, shaving gel, perfume and make up. (especially the breast forms)
Which other items should I be concerned with?

katie_barns
05-24-2012, 09:40 PM
I never have had a problem with anything in my check in baggage, including my breast forms. Carry on is way too picky about stuff. I wouldn't even attempt that. For carry on; Anything liquid has to be under so many ounces and in a clear plastic bag.............bla bla bla. Just put it in your check in baggage and don't worry about it. It has been a while since I have been in Canada so I don't know if anything has changed in the last few years.

sandra-leigh
05-24-2012, 11:02 PM
Forms can be worn on to the flight, in which case you are not required to say anything about them (unless asked). Forms in carry-on baggage officially have to be put into one of those plastic bags and put into the tray separately as you go through security. Forms in checked baggage are fine.

Liquids and gels carried on: up to 10 mL each if I recall correctly. Or perhaps it is 100 mL. Hasn't mattered to me.

WifeofWrenchette
05-25-2012, 04:40 AM
I heard the liquids have to be 3 ounces or less.

Beverley Sims
05-25-2012, 04:56 AM
Everyone has mentioned the silicone bit. No worries there.
Don't pack the pink handled six shooter or pink duct tape.:)

Miriam-J
05-25-2012, 08:23 AM
The limits are really only dictated by your own limits. If you don't mind someone seeing your stuff, you can really take anything that's legal.

Miriam

Jenniferathome
05-25-2012, 08:38 AM
Be concerned with none. I take those items all the time.

Marsha My Dear
05-29-2012, 11:08 AM
Hi Chantel, late last month I flew from Toronto to Calgary, on to Winnipeg and back to TO. I was on a ten day business trip, so I packed a wide selection of gurly stuff to aviod some of the boredom. I put everything in my checked luggage and had no problems at all. As for my attire en route, I don't have the balls to fly en femme.

JessHaust
05-29-2012, 11:14 AM
The real answer depends on if you are going to check your bag, or try and carry it on. The limits are on carry on luggage, not checked baggage.

terrianncd
05-29-2012, 11:43 AM
I travel for work and have always checked my girl stuff. No problems, however I have noticed the checked bag has had the contents ummm "fingered" at times. Perhaps it's just me but I'm sure someone looked "close" if you know what I mean. Don't get to the airport too early is my advice.

Mikka
05-29-2012, 11:57 AM
I just check my girl bag. What do I care if the TSA randomly goes through my bag they don't know me, plus it may give them something to talk about in the lunchroom. Enjoy your trip.

jillleanne
06-02-2012, 09:03 AM
I would leave the fetish police outfit and the grim reaper sickle home and that' about all.

Princess Chantal
06-03-2012, 08:06 PM
Thanks all for your help. I'll be packing my luggage tonight. I wouldn't be putting any gurly stuff on the carry-on bag as I wouldn't need them during the flight or the layover.
I wouldn't be going enfemme, eventhough it really is tempting to test out the "hurdle" of flying in Canada. Flying Pretty in Canada thread (http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?168318-Flying-pretty-in-Canada...not-anymore&highlight=disguise+canada)
I have the cojones to do it, but at 5 am I wouldn't have the ambition to even have the thoughts of getting prettied. If the trip was taken on something interesting like this Lancaster, then no question I'd be there in prettied up.

reb.femme
06-03-2012, 08:24 PM
Just don't take too many shoes. They pack the case out so quickly and stop the lid from closing :heehee:

Love the picture of the Lanc. Brings a tear to my Brit eye!

Rebecca x

Cassi3
06-03-2012, 08:34 PM
I just flew back from Puerto Rico, I put everything in the checked bag, both going and coming and did not have any issues what so ever. So I wouldn't worry about any items in checked luggage. I did however, have to keep my shampoo, lotion, mouthwash and stuff to a limit of 3 ounces, so those items I had to buy in Puerto Rico when I arrived.

Keely
06-03-2012, 08:41 PM
I've carried most everything in my carry-on except forms. They always go in the checked bag.
Never had a problem. i used to always take off my toe rings but the last couple of trips have left them on. Again not a problem.

Princess Chantal
06-03-2012, 09:05 PM
Just don't take too many shoes. They pack the case out so quickly and stop the lid from closing :heehee:

Love the picture of the Lanc. Brings a tear to my Brit eye!

Rebecca x
I'd be packing something more bulkier than shoes though..... could anyone (except for Sandra-Leigh) guess what that something would be?
Some hints:
- we're staying in a Bed & Breakfast that is in a 1898 built Mansion
- PEI is known for Ann of Green Gables, Victorian era houses and lighthouses