PDA

View Full Version : get a job

Krististeph
05-25-2012, 09:20 AM
I left my full time job last year to go back to school, so I can have the accreditation to teach more classes.

But even before that, I have this ongoing thought of rather than always taking higher paying jobs (at which I usually find myself not wanting to work with people who are less than accepting of crossdressing), instead, finding a strong CD/TG friendly company or a CD owned business.

I would probably not CD at work even so- but it would be nice to not have to worry about being on my guard all of the time.

How much of a pay cut would you consider to be able to do this? For me, perhaps 30%.

Kate Simmons
05-25-2012, 10:45 AM
In my case at least 50% Hon if not more as my pension and S/S cover most of my expenses. That's assuming I get bored with retirement again.;):)

Stephanie47
05-25-2012, 11:00 AM
That all depends on how much you need to cover your expenses. As a retiree who is debt free, owns a home outright, and has an adequate pension (i.e., I get a lot more than I spend) I do not have any problem (except storage for all my clothes). Depending upon your field of expertise, you may actually make more money in a transgender friendly company. If you're a math teacher, you will probably make more $$$ working for Microsoft than the local school district. It all depends. Depending how out one is at present employment, adverse comments may contribute to a hostile work environment and give you legal status to assert claims. However, if you really want to be at ease, sometimes relocation to a totally TG accepting locale may be best.

ReluctantDebutant
05-25-2012, 11:03 AM
Curious. If you don't want to cd even at the cd friendly job I can only assume you don't want to cd at the noncd friendly job. Why would you need to be on your guard there? I have worked many places and never knew any of my coworkers' opinions on CD/TS issues It never came up. I wouldn't restrict my earnings on this subject if I were you. But it doesn't hurt to look. I wish you the best in luck in finding one. And if you find one I'd say no more then 20%.

UNDERDRESSER
05-25-2012, 08:29 PM
Well, i took a 25% pay cut for this job, well, I got laid off and needed a job, but I did want this one before I got laid off. I don't CD there, except I wear panties 7 days a week, and I know they've been seen in the locker room.

I wasn't because of CDing that I wanted it, it was because the stuff they sell are much more my thing, they have an Awsome reputation as a retailer and employer. Side benefits that I didn't think of before working there is working in the Women's department, all those fabrics!

PretzelGirl
05-26-2012, 12:22 PM
None. I would rather assume the best of the people I work with. If you run around thinking the boogieman is always around the corner, you help make it become true.

SANDRA MICHELLE
05-26-2012, 12:55 PM
I will be retiring at 62, 6 more years and then I will be hiring two people to do my job. If you are still around then I would be happy to hire a CD, it would be kind of hard to deliver water in heels although I have done it before. I plan on starting out a new hire at around 50k plus benefits, 8 hour days. See ya in 6 years, LOL!!!!

SANDRA MICHELLE
05-26-2012, 12:56 PM
Oh and by all means, wear the chearleader out fit to your interview!!!!