PDA

View Full Version : I don't fit the typical mold haha

GinaM
05-25-2012, 10:08 AM
I'm not stereotyping so please don't think that. It's just funny because I have this fetish of crossdressing but besides that I do NOTHING that is femanine.

First of all I'm a pretty hardcore conservative, I'm into bodybuilding, guns, motorsports, and being rugged. If you saw me out of drab you would never think anything femanine about me and I'm a mans mans for sure.

I guess I'm just like Batman where I live a double life except instead of dressing up as a bat and beating up bad guys I dress up as a sexy woman and go out.

haha

STACY B
05-25-2012, 10:51 AM
Not tipical ? Ha,,,Ha,,,Your a funny person ,,, All or most all of us on here have been there all our lives . Who in the world ya think done all those Most Dangerous Jobs in the world ? We all or most of us have had or still have the Super Man complex ,,That a sure sign of this fun filled place we are at NOW ,,Your kidding yourself ,,You dont know it yet but your at the beginning alot of others are heading towards the end an already have relented an gave up the dream of ever fighting there way away or threw this . Dont kid yourself ,,Stay around awhile it will come to ya . LOL,,,:2c: :doh: :doh: :doh:

PretzelGirl
05-25-2012, 10:54 AM
Welcome aboard Gina! You will probably find that there is no typical mold. I always say, if you can think of any possibility on how any of us deal with this, then one of us is like that. So generalizations tend to be too.....general. And that is what makes this place great. You get a view of how all of us are and it is so enlightening. Jump on in and have a great stay!

Erin McShea
05-25-2012, 12:59 PM
I agree with Stacy. You are not unique in the fact that you are not "fem" in boring everyday mode.

Sallee
05-25-2012, 01:14 PM
You will quickly find out you are very typical more manly than a lot of guys except for 1 small quirk LOL

Sheren Kelly
05-25-2012, 01:17 PM
You will find quite a large number of us have very 'manly' other lives (Military, Police etc.). One theory is that it is a popular way of compensating. You'll also find a lot of conservatives here as well.

CloserthanthisGG
05-25-2012, 01:32 PM
There are many ways that my cd SO is on the extreme side of 'masculine'. Like extreme technophilia, extreme nerdiness, some extreme sports.. Outdoorsy, logical, likes guns, etc. Doesn't bathe very often when in boy mode, hardly even ever looks in the mirror ever unless he is dressed in fem clothes. And even wears stupid ugly polo shirts simply because they are there and clean. But he looks really darn good in dresses! So you are not alone... :) I reaally appreciate the complexity and balance of the whole thing.

KellyJameson
05-25-2012, 01:51 PM
From what I have learned on this forum and by reading about the history of crossdressing you are very much the " Norm" and very possibly the majority.

There seems to be an attraction to crossdressing by extremely masculine men This baffled me for a long time because I come at it from the opposite direction and the dressing is a reflection of identity for me. Crossdressing can be born in acidic or alkaline soil.

It is a non-dualistic expression that completely encapsulates yin and yang, there are very few ways to do this as human beings and usually they are spiritual in nature.

I believe if you remove the fear of protecting identity every single man would be a crossdresser.

There is a universal knowledge that is in every single human being and is part of our genetic expression. I think subconsciously because of this universal knowledge there is a collective suppression of crossdressing because it would draw all men into it and nature (part of the subconscious) responds to it as a threat to stability between the sexes for reproductive purposes.

Crossdressing is an act of enlightenment.

Crossdressing is attractive to sensitive males for creative and artistic expression, they live between the extreme male and the extreme "female" male (identify as and are female)

Crossdressing is used by males who identify as female but may or may not know it and it can help bring understanding, they live outside of natures instinctual forces because they hold two opposites within one body.

But by far in my opinion it is dominanted by testosterone and is similar to the male desire to conquer new territories. Crossdressing is a form of exploration, sport, warfare, projection of power, dominance, ect... A blending of the instinctual and enlightened male

Never in my wildest imagination would I have associated testosterone with crossdressing but now that I understand why it makes perfect sense.

It is funny sometimes on the forum because I see fights break out between CD & TG that remind me of how men and women fight in a marriage, the dynamics are similar because we are married in a psychological sense. In some ways the physical body is an illusion because the mind ultimately decides.

In some ways the difference between CD and TG are the same as the differences between testosterone and estrogen.

brenne
05-25-2012, 02:03 PM
Welcome Gina, from one CD/"dude" to another ... heh heh heh
I do a lot of man-stuff too like fix up home entertainment stuff, play metal or whatever on the guitar, etc etc.
I just like to wear the pretty stuff sometimes.

So you're not alone

B

ReluctantDebutant
05-25-2012, 02:14 PM
This is giving me an Idea for a club. A place where you can get a full body makeover then go the bar drink scotch, smoke cigars, Go outside shoot some skeat, come back in play some poker or watch sports from 2 dozen flat screens.

Beverley Sims
05-25-2012, 02:21 PM
You fit the same stereotype as the rest of us, with your own unique differences.:)

ArleneRaquel
05-25-2012, 02:25 PM
Hello,
Actually our CD community is very diverse except for one common gift, and even that trait is diverse.

Barbara Ella
05-25-2012, 02:45 PM
Gee, someone who does everything as a male, except when he dresses in women's clothing. Somehow that really sounds familiar. A lot progress beyond that, but it really represents the starting point for a vast majority of crossdressers. So just kick back, and enjoy the company. By jumping in and chatting with everyone, you will quickly find out how well you actually fit in with the rest of us.

Barbara

Valerie Nova
05-25-2012, 02:51 PM
The way I always understood it, different parts of our brains can differentiate into male and female differently. And often, they don't even differentiate all the way and just end up at some androgynous middle ground. For instance, with transsexuals, the majority of the brain (or at least a few key parts) has differentiated into the opposite of the biological sex. In gays and lesbians, the part of the brain that governs sexual attraction has differentiated opposite the biological sex. The reason this process is so unreliable is that it relies on hormones, not genetics. Males and females have virtually identical genes. If you are a male, you have a copy of every gene that is present in a genetic female. The reverse isn't true; women don't have any of the Y-chromosome genes, but there aren't very many anyway, and they tend to be for boring things like sperm production. But because this process depends on hormones, it is extremely easy to disrupt, whether by the introduction of industrial chemicals, or by the hormones present in the mother during gestation. It's really quite fascinating, and the more you look into it, the more you realize that categories like "gay", "straight", "bi", and "trans" are woefully inadequate for describing the multidimensional spectrum of human sexuality.

Julie Denier
05-25-2012, 02:57 PM
Welcome aboard, from another right-wing dude who also smokes cigars, goes days without shaving and still can't figure out exactly why he enjoys wearing dresses, lingerie, makeup, hosiery and heels ;)

Cheryl T
05-25-2012, 03:41 PM
Gee, you just described about 99% of us...so welcome to the Batcave....

sonna
05-25-2012, 03:44 PM
omg. (really) got to try allot harder than that to separate you from us.

you made me picture batman in a dress.lol

GinaM
05-25-2012, 05:56 PM
Sonna- Maybe one of needs to dress as Batgirl and post some pics. haha That would complete this thread perfectly. LMAO

Lynn Marie
05-25-2012, 06:06 PM
Manly man? Pretty much just a typical case of over-compensation for your feminine side. Though many of us are pretty nerdy, there's nary a whimp in the group. How much courage does it take to go traipsing around town in a dress?

eddiesavage
05-25-2012, 06:30 PM
Were all different shades of Pink.

Vickie_CDTV
05-26-2012, 04:28 AM
I have been around the trans community for a long time and you are not really unusual, I have met plenty of crossdressers over the years who are into traditionally male interests and live otherwise typical male lives.

k lynn
05-26-2012, 04:44 AM
omg. (really) got to try allot harder than that to separate you from us.

you made me picture batman in a dress.lol
I like lifting weights would rather ride my motorcycle than drive a car have tatoos but yet everyday I wear panties and a bra

pahosegirl
05-26-2012, 09:41 PM
Gina, nice to meet you, as someone also conservative and in a very male driven profession embrace this side of you as a release of the normal life you lead.
Hope to chat with you sometime. I am on yahoo and facebook if you ever wanna talk. My email is gowolvesus@yahoo.com

Kaz
05-26-2012, 09:47 PM
Hi Gina... well Kaz had a good day out today... but next week I will be hard rock guitar to 3000 bikers for 8 days! Welcome to this diverse club!

Stephanie47
05-26-2012, 10:06 PM
You may want to search for the threads concerning the number of veterans on this site who are cross dressers. Nothing like humping the boonies to 'man up'! :)

Chardonnay Merlot
05-26-2012, 10:35 PM
Gina, outside of your political leanings, we are very much alike..But that the gag, ther isn't a mold at all.

Since coming out I've run into fellas from many walks of life who all live to express that feminine side. There is no "mold" just a lot of people just being themselves.

I find it interesting that I could be completely fired up for my flag football team. Getting all caught up into the game, throwing my body around, boring shoulders into people, and yelling and screaming.... And then an hour later be in a blouse and skirt walking down a corridor at the mall.

Mold? What mold. Lol :)

Genny B
05-26-2012, 10:44 PM
Ever since that field march where we wore panty hose to keep the tics off!

outhiking
05-26-2012, 11:06 PM
I've learned to just do what I enjoy regardless of whether its typically masculine or feminine. Most of my interest are gender nuetral, but since they are generally outdoors, I guess that's seen as more of a guy thing. Still, I'm usually the only guy in the community art classes and checking out the craft stores. Just go with what feels natural and enjoy life.

nvlady
05-27-2012, 01:01 AM
Just wanted to say hello from another batman, but I find my batcave so comfortable that I don't go outside. (Not even in my batcar.)

GiannaD
05-27-2012, 08:54 AM
Welcome Gina, guess that's what this site is ALL about! Me, dyed in the wool conservative/lib..(I don't want to know who John Galt is, I want to elect him to office in November!) Took my wife's friend shooting Friday (Who is a Lesbian) so she could learn how; she decided she liked my Ruger .380 best....Ain't life strange and grand! Welcome to the darkside Batman!