PDA

View Full Version : My husband Betty

Michelle V
05-25-2012, 12:01 PM
I'm reading the book My Husband Betty, I can relate to so much of it, it is a good book , really helps understand a lot of what I've gone trought in my life, there is a lot of research that is not very entretaining but somewhat educational, the reality is there is still a lot of unknowns out there and nobody seems to have an answer for it, but as much as we suffer and strugle with who we are it is always great to be girls sometimes and even better when we can share our toughts and feelings with people like us, I am very, very thankful for my wife who has always made my life better. I kept this aspect of my life from her for nine years and when I finally told the truth she not only accepted me she has accepted Michelle into our lives and helps her be a better woman. I am also thankful for this site which hels us decompress form our daily lives as men, a place we can share our femeninity without being ashame, I am still looking for friends in my area in similar situations (in a relationship looking only for for support and friendship) that I can talk to, keeping in mind that I am married and as flexible as my wife is I consider her input in the people I interact with and I do have two little ones at home who are unaware of Michelle.

Be well, Michelle

Erin McShea
05-25-2012, 12:53 PM
I have also enjoyed that book. Another one is "My Husband Wears My Clothes". My wife is actually in the middle of reading it. She wants to have a better understanding of where Erin came from. She has been understanding about her from the beginning, but it was very limited. And now Erin wants more time, so she is doing her best to deal with her.(I really love that woman!).
Anyway in case you didn't know, there is a sequel to "Betty". Don't remember the name though.
Enjoy!

Erin

Sheren Kelly
05-25-2012, 01:22 PM
The sequal to My Husband Betty is "She's not the man I married" and it goes a bit deeper into her anxiety about their future and Betty's life path. Both books seemed to be well balanced and should be recommended SO reading.

Sallee
05-25-2012, 01:27 PM
I thought that was one of the better books I have read on the subject and I have read alot Helen does a great job with great insight

sonna
05-25-2012, 03:34 PM
i think i will wait for the movie.lol:D

Barbara Ella
05-25-2012, 03:47 PM
All three are very good reads. I would recommend MHB and the sequel for more advanced people, and not for the first read for the newly informed wife. They really do reinforce the thought that dressing advances naturally into becoming a woman. not a starter subject. IMHO. Saying that, eventually they do need to be read.

Barbara