PDA

View Full Version : Question on my first outing

Deidre
05-26-2012, 08:49 PM
so im now doin a CNA course in july and want to know your thought about me wearing cute scrubs to work and training i am totaly wanting to and cant wait but just want some oppinons of the great people on here and maybe some ideas on what like tink or hello kittie etc this will be my first adventure in the job world this way please help

Vickie_CDTV
05-27-2012, 03:32 AM
It depends, are you living fulltime and attending school as a woman?

Deidre
05-27-2012, 04:04 AM
no but i really want to

AndreaSC
05-27-2012, 08:56 AM
Deidre, do they still have carry white scrub pants? If so, you could aways wear a pair of them, and then under them a pair of red or black panties that you KNOW (wink, wink) will kind of show through and see their reaction. If they tell you NOT to wear those items again, then you will KNOW how you SHOULD dress for work. I hope that it works out for you girl! ;)

Deidre
05-27-2012, 04:39 PM
thanks thats a great idea to hun hugs

AndreaSC
05-27-2012, 05:13 PM
You're Welcome!! Great ideas DO come along every once in a while...LOL ;)

GiannaD
05-27-2012, 07:33 PM
Diedre,
As the owner of a Home Health Agency, and employing over 92 C.N.A.'s lat year, by all means, where scrubs since my male, and female employees wear them all the time. However, I'd wear something that doesn't show through. Good taste applies to women, as well as men. If I saw one of my female employees with their panties showing through, if I didn't mention it to them, then my DON would. It simply isn't tasteful. Wear a bra and panties, but something that will blend with the scrubs...My two cents worth.

Vanessa Storrs
05-27-2012, 10:55 PM
I have always encouraged people to go out, however this is one time when it may not be in your best interests. I would not dress until I had a job lined up. Even with nondiscrimination laws in many areas being known as a crossdresser will not help your chances of getting a job. The Hello Kitty scrubs do sound awfully cute though.

pureslvr GG
05-27-2012, 10:57 PM
they have such cute scrubs out now, I find many of them genderless.....even ones with fish on them, animated or real, butterflies, frogs, puppies, kitties, hershey kisses, M&m's, just to mention a few......

Lorileah
05-27-2012, 11:10 PM
Scrubs are pretty androgynous anyway. There are women's scrubs that are actually cut to look nicer than plain old scrubs. I have three pairs of pants and at least 5 tops that were made for women. In a way I am lucky because as a vet I can get away with cartoon cats and kittens. My clients actually like them (NB I Hate when people wear scrubs away from the hospital or clinic...it to me shows complete laziness. Scrubs are made to keep your other clothes clean Now back to the post). All that said I would say go get a cute scrub top, women's cut and some scrub pants with elastic waist and just enjoy it. It isn't like you are coming in with 6" heels (PS white scrub pants are a no no for two reasons..they show every stain like blood and 2 they show through. No one wears white scrubs now except people who don't have to do procedures). I own a scrub dress (green) and women's nursing shoes (sort of athletic shoes). I also wear a bouffant hat in surgery (it has cats and dogs and is multicolored).

One more thing, if you get a job in a clinical setting where you may see children or a lot of female patients, the cute bright scrub top is a good choice, that is if the job doesn't choose your scrubs for you.

Stephenie S
05-27-2012, 11:51 PM
Oh my goodness. Who can tell the difference? Men's scrubs. Women's scrubs. There's a difference? Scrubs are pretty much scrubs aren't they?

PLEASE don't be silly and wear red panties under white scrubs. That's just poor taste.

Listen. In the medical field nobody cares much about what you wear. Care for your patients safely. Get to work a few minutes before your shift. Give and receive a good report. Be as cheerful as possible even when things are going to heck. That's about it.

Really now, I think it would be difficult to crossdress in scrubs. Do your job well and NO ONE will care what you wear.

S

Deidre
05-28-2012, 01:15 AM
thanks thats some really great concepts and great thinking hugs makes it so much simpler your awsome the last five post are great and i love it wish i could hug you all

ICU Nurse
05-28-2012, 07:01 AM
I don't think anyone will care about the cut of your scrubs, but if you end up working in a hospital the color might be mandated by your employer.

In this area, CNA's are in maroon or Kelly green. Prints are either banned or discouraged.

Good luck.

Tina B.
05-28-2012, 11:18 AM
I've spent some time in the hospital lately, and have seen more than one guy wearing printed scrubs, but I've never seen one wearing hello kitty, or pink ones. I think if I where you, and wanted to get hired latter, I think I would stay with something gender neutral. Then after you are a regular somewhere, then you can see just how far you can push it.
Tina B.

AndreaSC
05-28-2012, 06:54 PM
SORRY Deidre...sounds like my advice was BAD...:( My APOLOGIES!!!! :(