PDA

View Full Version : My Cousin Knew....

Cassi3
05-26-2012, 10:13 PM
I'm in Puerto Rico searching for my mother. I still have family here but had not told them I was coming. I just wanted to find my mother and get back home. Today while out shopping I ran into my cousin.

She, Sandra, and I grew up together and I remember watching her comb her hair, and learning to put makeup on from her older sister and desiring inside to wear the uniform she wore to school. I always admired her and wished to be a girl like her and to wear her clothes. We drifted apart as grew older, because our family said, girls with girls and boys with boys. Then high school and college and so on.... She dragged me to her home for lunch and for some reason I decided to tell her

Me: Sandra, I need to tell you something and you better sit down...
Sandra: Okay, tell me, I'm all ears
Me: Sandra, I have always felt that I was born wrong. Inside I feel that I do not belong in this body
Sandra: (interrupting of course) I knew it, I just knew there was always something wrong. You were never happy unless you were with me, watching everything I did. My parents thought you were creepy, but I knew it, I just knew it! And that time I caught you in my dress, that's when I really knew, I just knew it.

She gave me a HUGE HUGE hug and told me, she would always be there for me, and that the external package may change, but who I am inside will one day reflect the outside wrapping and she would be honored to be by my side through everything. I've been in absolute tears all day from the joy her words brought me.

I guess sometimes life saves those moments and surprise for those time we need them most... Just had to share right now :)

RADER
05-26-2012, 10:18 PM
It is great to have family behind you. You are a lucky one.
Rader

stacycoral
05-26-2012, 11:40 PM
Cassie, girl you have what you need in your cousin, that girl sounds like she will be there for you in for anything, congrats, not everyone can be so luckly to have a friend beside a cousin to help you along. Hugs.

AnitaH
05-26-2012, 11:51 PM
So great to know someone will always be there for you and to help you through the changes life brings. Not everyone has someone like that.

AnitaH

Diane Smith
05-27-2012, 01:48 AM
Congratulations, Cassie!

The interesting thing about this story to me is that it's further evidence our close friends and relatives are often the first to perceive that there is something "special" about us -- even if they can't put a label on it right away -- long before we realize it ourselves. As has been said here before, moms know ... they always know. (Or in this case, cousins.)

- Diane

Beverley Sims
05-27-2012, 04:52 AM
See!, read by a relative years ago.
A great story and all the best.

Cassi3
05-27-2012, 11:13 AM
Congratulations, Cassie!

The interesting thing about this story to me is that it's further evidence our close friends and relatives are often the first to perceive that there is something "special" about us -- even if they can't put a label on it right away -- long before we realize it ourselves. As has been said here before, moms know ... they always know. (Or in this case, cousins.)

- Diane

And I think this also shows that for us, it is not a choice, it is simply who we are.

See!, read by a relative years ago.
A great story and all the best.

Yep, she read me like a book, lol

Cynthia Anne
05-27-2012, 08:53 PM
A truley loving and inspiring story! Thank you for sharing it! Hugs!

Barbara Ella
05-27-2012, 09:11 PM
Such a loving story, thanks ever so much for sharing. It really goes to show, as Diane pointed out, that our loved ones who really know us and interact with us will pick up on who/what we are even if they cannot put their finger on exactly what it is. Moral is to always be honest in our dealings whether we tell them or not.

Your cousin is a gem.

Barbara