PDA

View Full Version : Man? I feel like a woman!

Kaz
05-27-2012, 06:05 AM
OK, Shania Twain beside, I had an amazing two days away. Day 1 was work, work, work... but prep time. Day 2 I got to be Kaz for ages! So amazing! Life changing experience!

I have 2 of my 3 daughters over today and I think I am going to out myself officially... I know one knows and so does my wife (although she is unaccepting)... not sure if I'll go through with it, but I think I should and I think the time is right...

I can't hide Kaz anymore... she is me and I am her?

Shelly Preston
05-27-2012, 06:14 AM
Good luck Kaz

I hope everything goes ok :hugs:

Kate Simmons
05-27-2012, 06:22 AM
Really, how can anyone not love Kaz? I think you will do fine Honey. Enjoy! Love, Kate. :hugs::)

Marcia Blue
05-27-2012, 06:46 AM
Kaz,
I am out to 2 of my 3 sons. I was pretty sure that they would be OK with it, before I told them. They both have lesbian/gay friends, and the youngest is TG. With them knowing, life is much less stressful.

RainyNightGirl
05-27-2012, 06:46 AM
Good luck Kaz. Please report later and let us know how it goes. We are all with you!
Natasha

Victoria StJohn
05-27-2012, 06:51 AM
Kaz, it's lovely to hear that you had an enjoyable time in the most feminine way. Also, good luck in whatever you decide, in coming out to your daughters.

Sally24
05-27-2012, 06:51 AM
I find its much better to pick your time and place over waiting for an accident to out you to your kids. Good luck girl!

Karinsamatha
05-27-2012, 07:05 AM
Good luck Kaz. Only you know when the time is rite to let others know who the woman we are or are becoming.
I do under stand the statement you made. Mine is the same - I am Karin not the man.
:hugs:

Erin McShea
05-27-2012, 07:08 AM
Best of luck Kaz! Hope it all works out for the best, your happiness!

Raychel
05-27-2012, 07:48 AM
Only you will know when the time is right. I wish you the best. :hugs:

Jay Cee
05-27-2012, 08:32 AM
Good luck, Kaz. Sounds like one of those events in one's life that feels scary, but will take such a load off your mind when it's over.

Jocelyn Quivers
05-27-2012, 08:40 AM
Really, how can anyone not love Kaz? I think you will do fine Honey. Enjoy! Love, Kate. :hugs::)

Kate said it perfectly, you have the smile and look that is impossible to not love or dislike, good luck.:)

Beverley Sims
05-27-2012, 09:27 AM
Good luck Kaz, I would have thought the daughters would talk among themselves although DADT tends to apply.

Kaz
05-27-2012, 04:29 PM
Thanks for all the kind words... as usual things didn't go as planned! So sorry to get you all excited!

There just didn't seem like an appropriate time... the trouble is that there are lots of other big issues flying around at the moment and I was in the doghouse for being late back yesterday. What made sense at mid-day just didn't this afternoon. Needed to re-build bridges etc... They all had some serious talks though while I played with my lovely grand-daughter and cooked Sunday tea (buffet for 5) - I know I was being discussed at times, but it could have been about anything.

So the elephant is still alive and living in the room! But the talk will happen soon... it has to. Maybe I should pick them off one at a time! ;)

Kate Simmons
05-27-2012, 04:42 PM
The wise woman chooses her battles Kaz.:battingeyelashes::)

Kaz
05-27-2012, 05:09 PM
Kate, you are amazing and inspired! Have you read Sun Tsu - the Art of War, by any chance? Prescribed reading on all my strategy courses! Doing it is always a little bit more difficult though... A metaphor I came across once was about walking up a mountain... and you see a boulder coming down the mountain and it looks like it will hit you... Q: what do you do? xx

Barbara Ella
05-27-2012, 09:24 PM
Kaz, the first, and perhaps most difficult step, is realizing that you are ready to talk and you think they are ready to hear, and that you are willing to go through with it. The second step is recognizing when the time is right. You have moved one giant step closer, and only you will know when the next step will be taken. Wishing you the best.

Hugs, Barbara

JustWendy
05-28-2012, 09:45 AM
Kas, from your posts I’ve sensed for some time now, that it has become more and more difficult for you to prevent this side of you from being an integral part of your everyday life. We must each find our own balance. One person’s solution might be another person’s nightmare. So, in lieu of advice, I offer only my support and wishes for the very best outcome for all. Your post does bring to my mind many of the lyrics of Bob Dylan’s “The Times They Are A-Changin’” “Your old road is Rapidly agin'. Please get out of the new one If you can't lend your hand, For the times they are a-changin'.”

Wendy

Rebecca W.
05-28-2012, 10:02 AM
Hi Kaz,
I hope that you will be able to open up to your daughters soon. I would consider maybe opening to each daughter in private depending on the personality of each one. Is one daughter a little more accepting of people who express themselves in a so-called non conforming way? I have not been able to open up to many people and that holds very true to my family. It is a very bold step and I hope that they are very accepting of the beautiful person that you are as Kaz.

Take care,

Rebecca:)

Tina B.
05-28-2012, 10:15 AM
Seeing as your wife does not approve, I hope telling the daughters doesn't start a big fight. But a girl has to do what a girl has to do.
Tina B.

Marleena
05-28-2012, 10:47 AM
Kaz I'm concerned too. I hope it doesn't upset your wife and cause problems for you and the marriage. Good luck with whatever you choose.:)