PDA

View Full Version : Journey On Hold..

Cassi3
05-27-2012, 10:46 AM
or at least it was.... (may be long winded)

A kind and caring friend here in the forum asked how my HRT was going. So I thought to share what has happened to me and why I was absent from the forum for a while.

In October of 2010 my therapist Susan gave the nod to start my HRT treatments and begin my life as me, Cassie, full time. I was on a stop smoking program and had knee surgery scheduled, so we had to wait on that. My surgery was the week before Christmas and it went well. My father, through all this was, according to him, okay and dealing with it.

I was still looking for an apartment, which was slow going because of the knee surgery and during the weekend of February 12th I decided to go out with some friends. My father had gone out with his friends to go fishing, so I decided to get dressed. I had always been careful of his feelings, so I never dressed when he was home, even though he knew already. That evening my friends and I decided to go have dinner. As we were being served, my father and his friends walked in. I was not aware he had not told anyone and one of his friends, whom is crude and a total closed minded bigot, piped up and said, in front of everyone, "Why are you dressed like a girl?" Most people never recognize me, but leave it to the bigot to be the only one.

One of my friends stood up and said to him, "this is not the place for this, nor the time, please let us enjoy our dinner!" My father and his friend left the restaurant. But later when I got home, I was in my male mode by then, my father asked me to leave his home. He stated that he couldn't handle it anymore and was never okay with it, he thought I was going through some mid life crisis and was just trying to play along.

In short, I was left homeless. All the friends I thought I had, turned their backs and wouldn't help. To this day, I've not heard from any of them. I lost my job and health insurance. I had to stay at a shelter and so, without money, a job or insurance, everything came to a screeching halt.

On Christmas of 2011 I went to see my dad, mostly to see how he was. We sat down and he told me to come home, but he didn't want no part of Cassie. He still thinks it's a crisis. But at least there is a roof over my head.

Things are looking up now, and though I have to start over, I learned a very important lesson. No matter how ready you think you are, you're not. I started my own business and doing pretty well. I started saving money for such emergencies. My therapist has since retired, but my new therapist is hell bent on fast tracking everything and has clearly laid out a plan for me in writing. She calls to check on me and see how things are going. I move into my new apartment in July. So not all is lost. It has been a rough emotional journey, but I survived and I truly am stronger physically and emotionally. I have more confidence and courage and my heart has become more forgiving and more open than it was before. So I may have lost some time, but I've gained a lot I think. And that is where I'm at and have been. Life begins anew once again!

I tried to make it short as possible, sorry it's long winded. I truly hope and wish you all a very happy journey on this road we call "Life"

Raquel June
05-27-2012, 11:10 AM
Sounds pretty similar to what happened to me in December.

We have plans and we think everything is going great and transition is the most important thing to us to get on with our lives. But people will let you down, f*ck you over, and leave you for dead. Getting some degree of financial stability is so important. You need to get to a place where everybody else can give you the finger and you can still continue on with your life without everything falling apart.

And it makes sense, really. Think of how much we go through coming to the point that we need to change our lives. Years lead up to transition. We can't just dump that on other people and expect them to handle it well in the long-term, even if they're nice and supportive at first.

Cassi3
05-27-2012, 11:20 AM
Experiences like this, I think, is why most people rather be alone and not let others too close to them. Prepare, prepare is what I'm doing now

Julia_in_Pa
05-27-2012, 12:21 PM
Cassie,

I lost everything and everyone in transition.
I understand all too well what you have faced.

Now that your safe push to get back on track as quickly as possible.
Your momentum can be lost very quickly and because of that transition is put off indefinitely.
Find an apartment with roommates of the same persuasion as soon as you can so you can transition instead of pandering to your father.

Be strong.

Julia

Cassi3
05-27-2012, 01:25 PM
Cassie,

I lost everything and everyone in transition.
I understand all too well what you have faced.

Now that your safe push to get back on track as quickly as possible.
Your momentum can be lost very quickly and because of that transition is put off indefinitely.
Find an apartment with roommates of the same persuasion as soon as you can so you can transition instead of pandering to your father.

Be strong.

Julia

You used almost the same exact words as my new therapist. I did find an apartment already, chose to not have roommates though, my own space, all mine. But your right, gotta get back on track quickly and I do believe that is why my therapist is pushing me along and checking on me, which is good.

Julia_in_Pa
05-27-2012, 01:28 PM
Excellent news Cassie.