PDA

View Full Version : How many of you go 'sidewalk shopping'

Sarah Sometimes
05-28-2012, 03:04 AM
By that I mean how many ofbyou walk down the street or drive down the road seeing women as they go by and think 'yes I would love to wear that' or 'no, that just wouldn't be me'.

I seem to be doing it a hell of a lot lately, and think I've realised that subconsciously I already have my own style, for want of a better word, in that I know what I would want to wear. I suppose a part of it is frustration in that I am not dressing, but there is more to it than that.

So do other girls do it or am I completely obsessed?

Kaz
05-28-2012, 03:36 AM
Hi Sarah, count me in on that one! Do it ALL the time... it's become a way of life! The next stage is asking people where they got it! Not there yet! Maybe a step too far!

lauren_m
05-28-2012, 03:38 AM
I definitely do the same! And I have no doubt that it has been a major source of my particular "style" (such as it is). I've discovered, though, that when I have the opportunity to try things on, I wind up liking a LOT of the outfits and looks that I had put in the "cute, but not really for me" category when sidewalk shopping. And, I have to admit, there have been times when I've tried on outfits that I absolutely adore on others and was certain would fall within my style profile . . . and, you guessed it, they didn't work for me at all. The point is, sidewalk shopping is fun, and I think it's far more useful than window shopping, or even in-store browsing, but it's not fool-proof. Keep an open mind, don't be afraid to try out looks that you're not sure about, and don't be discouraged if a look that you DO like winds up falling a little flat.

So yes, other girls do it. But you could still be "completely obsessed," right? I sometimes tread into those waters when I go beyond simply evaluating how a look might work for me, and start thinking about what outfits might work better for the particular girl, or how I would choose to present myself if I had her particular looks, or figure, or other attributes.

Shannon Summer
05-28-2012, 03:39 AM
All day, Every day.

I love it when I see something and already have it!!

Cynthia Anne
05-28-2012, 04:38 AM
Sounds normal to me! Where did you get that!I hope I can find one in my size! Hugs!

Debb
05-28-2012, 04:48 AM
I've noticed this more and more. I'm 50 and perhaps my libido is decreasing, or perhaps my sense of style is growing ... but I do know what I like, and I have more sense of what would work for me as far as comfort and practicality -- no longer do I yearn to dress "sexy", I feel more womanly now rather than "girly".

WifeofWrenchette
05-28-2012, 05:05 AM
My husband does it all the time.

I've never done it. I just don't get into clothes, purses, shoes, etc.

Lesley_Roberta
05-28-2012, 05:42 AM
I love to shop, my wife does NOT.

Apparently my very ordinary brother does the shopping at his home. I doubt he does it for kicks though. I think my sister dislikes shopping.

I have no idea if my wife sees a woman and then critiques the attire.

I know that I tend to see women through both Leslie's eyes and mine. Leslie notices the boobs, and I notice the outfit. Leslie has always liked shopping to though.

Sandra1746
05-28-2012, 05:53 AM
I used to hate shopping, but then it was for drab male clothing.

Now that I can openly buy and wear fem clothing I really like to shop. This includes window shopping as well, this form of "shopping" suits my frugal nature very well. My wife teases me endlessly about my "changed personality". Secretly though I think she likes it.

Keep on shopping,
Sandra1746

DAVIDA
05-28-2012, 06:00 AM
I pretty much do all of the shopping, whatever it is or whoever it is for.
Jean hates to shop and I like shopping, especially for me.:tongueout
I buy her clothes, my clothes, male and female, and the groceries.:D

As for "window shopping", Jean will always point out other women for me to get a look at.:heehee:

jillleanne
05-28-2012, 06:10 AM
Yep, you are obsessed. Welcome to the club.

natacsha
05-28-2012, 06:10 AM
Hi Sarah! I do exactly that and I don't even know why but sometimes I'll even catch myself ugh'ing at other girls just because they are that hot!!....when I should be getting their number instead lol

jillleanne
05-28-2012, 06:12 AM
Hi Sarah, count me in on that one! Do it ALL the time... it's become a way of life! The next stage is asking people where they got it! Not there yet! Maybe a step too far!

Got there a year or two ago. I particularly seem to ask about eye shadows someone is wearing if it stands out. They love replying and think it so cool someone would ask them that.

JamieQ
05-28-2012, 06:17 AM
Do it all the time and see some really sexy looking stuff, but I tend to be a bit more "tomboyish". My wife usually buys all my clothes (man clothes) but many go back. She asks me to critique everything she buys and tries on. She really knows how to dress up and almost always wears high heels (but she is 4' 10" tall) and is often asked why she is so dressed up even for an ordinary day. I guess I need to pay more attention... Amanda

Lesley_Roberta
05-28-2012, 06:23 AM
So I was sitting at Tim Hortons a while back and this woman about my age sits down in the table beside me.

I thought, well I DO like the skirt she has on, and why NOT tell her? So I did, excuse me miss, but I like your skirt. That was it, just commented on I liked the look of the fabric and then went back to my drink.

I wonder how often guys do that? I wonder how often girls do it?

Beverley Sims
05-28-2012, 07:01 AM
I look at girls all the time studying the fashion of the area.
When I am on the east coast of the US I compare fashion with what I saw on the west coast last week.
In the winter Chicago and Key West are poles apart but as you work south girls look more interesting.
UK girls are different to the continentals, although I thought Paris fashion was a little drab.
I have been to Paris a number of times and specifically looking out for something smart I think I have seen better on 5th Av NY.
A disappointment really.
I do like window shopping en femme, it is relaxing. In drab looking at lingerie shops I feel like a deer in the headlights.
Don't run over the deer down Florida way as it can cost you a $200 fine.:)

Karren H
05-28-2012, 07:21 AM
Not really. Mainly because most of the women are wearing god awful blue jeans! Better I just look away then spend the entire day going "won't wear those... Or those... Or those..."

tara t
05-28-2012, 08:24 AM
i do it all the time as well . i always comment to my so especially if a girls wearing something that doesn't suit her.

Cheryl T
05-28-2012, 08:40 AM
I do that all the time. I always watch other women to see what they are wearing and if it looks good on them and perhaps would look good on me also. I especially do this when I'm at the mall. Sometimes it's just fun to sit at the food court and people watch.

larry
05-28-2012, 08:55 AM
I do it all the time. When I go for groceries I am always (checking out the women). Of note though-Now when I do it I am observing the fashions they wear and how good they look on them. I really appreciate the classy women. And--the ones who are not classy give me encouragement to keep dieting and exercising.

Michelle 2
05-28-2012, 09:12 AM
It is interesting that this topic has come up. I have noticed recently that I am "sidewalk shopping" on a daily basis these days. Last week my wife and I had a formal fundraiser to attend and she needed to shop for a new gown and shoes. Spending the day with her shopping was alot of fun. She had initiated the conversation and was pointing out to me when I looked at other woman at the stores that I was studying them pretty intensely. Then she asked are you looking at them because they are attractive or for the outfit they are wearing. Naturally I told her it was because of the outfit and she said I thought so. On a few occasions she commented that outfit would not work for me, but on you it would look nice.

Michelle

Joanne f
05-28-2012, 09:40 AM
Yes I am afraid so :D , I use to get caught by my wife when looking so i would have to explain that i was just looking at the clothes not the female wearing them ( I think I got away with it most of the time):devil: Went off it a bit when it was all leggings and tops but now there seams to be a sudden trend in long maxi dress's ( OK if there maxi they would be long):heehee: so it is back to looking and wishing .

Tess
05-28-2012, 11:50 AM
I do it all the time. Its interesting that I use to be looking at the girls and now I'm more focused on their cloths. I use to think "she's cute". Now I look at their shoes and think "those are so CUTE". Or not, depending on what their wearing.

skirtsuit
06-02-2012, 04:51 PM
I do this all this time. A wonderful & very enjoyable extension to general girl/woman watching. I find myself silently evaluation the outfits and makeup of many of the women I see out. I get lots of inspiaration that way. See a styish looking woman on the street? I say compliment her and then go home and try to emulate her look just for fun.

Not really. Mainly because most of the women are wearing god awful blue jeans!

Hey Karen, have you ever considered moving to the civilized part of Pennsylvania? Femininity is in full fashion here in Philly, most of the young women are out in dresses and skirts these days. Even on bikes!

BTW, I was standing in my shop the other day (corner in s. Philly) when I discovered how a young woman in a short dress gets off a guys bike - by showing her black panties to anybody looking!

Best,
Skirtsuit

Daphne Renee
06-02-2012, 05:03 PM
yes I have done that before many times in fact. Especially with makeup. I havent gone so far as to ask where did you get that but maybe soon though.

leotard fan
06-02-2012, 07:52 PM
-all time and every day! sometimes i think: "hum... that dress or skirts should me wear it and not her..." it´s not a obsessecion (for me is a frustration don´t use in in public), it´s normal for a cd. sometimes i go shooping with some female friends, i like it and they like that i go with them, take them to some shops they don´t know and give some oppinions...

suchacutie
06-02-2012, 10:59 PM
I think these kinds of comparisons are just a normal part of life! Even if they are wearing jeans, that's not all they're wearing and shoes, tops, makeup, accessories, or the general look are always worth evaluating!

How many times have we read the suggestion that we should be doing just that to become aware!

:)

tina

Kim Young
06-02-2012, 11:13 PM
Yes I find that I'm checking out both the females as well as the clothes they are wearing. Sometimes it's the female that catches my eye and sometimes it's the clothing. More and more what catches my eye is something that I might want to wear or a style that I'd like to try. It's a healthy obsession. Just don't blurt out "what was she thinking matching that skirt with that top" while you're out with the guys.

Sometimes Steffi
06-03-2012, 02:41 PM
Yes I find that I'm checking out both the females as well as the clothes they are wearing. Sometimes it's the female that catches my eye and sometimes it's the clothing. More and more what catches my eye is something that I might want to wear or a style that I'd like to try. It's a healthy obsession. Just don't blurt out "what was she thinking matching that skirt with that top" while you're out with the guys.

You're so lucky. I've been sidewalk shopping for the past few weeks, and I've been really disappointed. I'm disappointed in how the GGs look and even more so in what they are wearing. I think the best looking girls I've seen in the last several weeks have been the CD friends that I met up with. Sigh...

Not really. Mainly because most of the women are wearing god awful blue jeans! Better I just look away then spend the entire day going "won't wear those... Or those... Or those..."

So sad, but jeans would be an upgrade for the GGs I've been seeing lately.

So I was sitting at Tim Hortons a while back and this woman about my age sits down in the table beside me.

I thought, well I DO like the skirt she has on, and why NOT tell her? So I did, excuse me miss, but I like your skirt. That was it, just commented on I liked the look of the fabric and then went back to my drink.

I wonder how often guys do that? I wonder how often girls do it?

I've complimented a number of girls on their skirt, shoes, perfume etc. and more often than not, it's turned into a very pleasant conversation about the brand, style, where she bought it or how she manages to walk in them (shoes).

Eryn
06-03-2012, 04:22 PM
By that I mean how many ofbyou walk down the street or drive down the road seeing women as they go by and think 'yes I would love to wear that' or 'no, that just wouldn't be me'....So do other girls do it or am I completely obsessed?

How do you thing GGs figure out what "their style" is? Yes, primarily by looking at other GGs!

If you're obsessed, you have a lot of company! :)

Rachel Lea
07-28-2012, 07:30 AM
the first thing I think about when I see a woman is if I like her outfit and if it is something I would like to wear.

Saffron
07-28-2012, 01:07 PM
Being new into CD, it's a great source of inspiration, to know how to combine clothes...

Also it is always fun to look at the pretty girls :)

BLUE ORCHID
07-28-2012, 05:58 PM
Hi Sara, only everytime that I see a pretty lady.

Tara D. Rose
07-28-2012, 06:50 PM
Well, I don't do much sidewalk shopping for I've never really needed a new sidewalk.

But I do agree though that over the last 2 and half years since I told my wife of what I once used to do. And so here I am and yes I do look at the GG's so differently now. I do only check out the clothes thier wearing. Or the heels, etc. I will point them out to my wife, hey look at her, I love that dress, I want one like that, or I'll point out the heels or boots a GG is wearing. I do the same thing with GG's on TV. It seems no matter what we're watching, if I see an outfit or a dress I like , it can even be the weather lady, I'll point it out to my wife and ask, do you like her dress?

But a little strange thing happend yesterday while coming out of Lowes. I saw a very attractive lady pushing a buggy from her car going into Lowes. She had on a short black skirt just like I have, she also had on a beautiful multicolored blouse with a sash hanging on the left side, just like my wife and I have, "yes we bought matching ones" and the same kind of wedgies just like I have. I passed her and smiled, she smiled back. I turned and looked back at her, again, and then again, and yet one more time. I couldn't believe it, she was about my height and frame. I got into my car and thought, what "if" I had asked her where she got that outfit, what if she had asked why?, Maybe I would have said, for I have that very same outfit you have on, you look great in it. Yes only if. I even thought that Tara could have walked beside of her and we could have come close to being twims,,,yes I did type twims. I told my wife about it. I wish I had thought quickly enough and pulled my camera phone out and snapped just one quick shot. It will never happen again. The picture below is the outfit she had on.

But yes I do a lot of sidewalk shopping, meaning that I now look upon women just at the clothes they are wearing. I have talked to my wife about this too. So if she sees me look twice, it's because I'm admiring the clothes. I even do double takes at manequins wearing a nice outfit. You know, I really don't miss being a normal guy anymore.
Love & Respect.............Tara

AngieStone
07-28-2012, 07:02 PM
Not only sidewalks but stores, malls, ect. I will just take a seat in the mall and watch. I seem to always be looking at what GGs are wearing and try pick out what I think I would look good in. After all I still have that darn MALE EYE for fashion, might as well be color blind it is so bad.

TeriAnn
07-28-2012, 08:59 PM
Oh yes I have done that many times. When I see a woman walking down the street wearing a sexy dress or a hot looking pair of heels, I think to myself I wish I knew where she got them from.

RainyNightGirl
07-29-2012, 01:31 PM
I am so glad to be in such good company. I sometimes think I am still obsessed or maybe its normal male attraction coupled with CDism that makes it so potent a mix. I do know how many times I have commented to women how much I like the colour of their nails. I hope they do not see me as a creep I just genuinely admire it.

Brittany CD
07-29-2012, 01:46 PM
I do it all the time.

Samantha_Smile
07-29-2012, 01:53 PM
Entirely normal behaviour.
That, and shop manequins.

JiveTurkeyOnRye
07-29-2012, 02:17 PM
My friend Maria once said that whenever she catches me checking out a woman she likes to try to figure out if I'm checking out the girl, the outfit, or both.