PDA

View Full Version : Too good to be true?

britney1
11-11-2005, 04:38 PM
Can you girls check out this link? These wigs seem to cheap to be true. What do you think?

http://www.voguewigs.com/medium-synthetic.html

Dayna
11-11-2005, 04:49 PM
In one respect, you should expect what you pay for...

On the other hand, you can't go wrong at that price!

I have been looking at Jasmine Wig Importers on ebay (ID=jasminewigs)... similar low prices, plus a 99.3% positive feedback on 800 transactions.

Lauren_T
11-11-2005, 04:53 PM
The only thing you can be certain of is that they're from China... that said, they could still be of decent quality for the price. It's not like risking hundreds of dollars...

Barbara Beaulieu
11-11-2005, 04:59 PM
Why'd you have to put that up!!!! I've already got 10 wigs and now I'm gonna have to buy some more. They do look nice. Thanks for the site and I hate you. [Not Really]

Deidra Cowen
11-11-2005, 05:04 PM
They don't look bad...my first wig was only $45 and it served me well. I did try it on recently and it just did not measure up to the nice wig I bought. These cheap wigs are ok generally...a lady at the wig shop explained that they typically have a lot less hair than high quality wigs. Plus a mesh that is not very small....they cover that with bangs and styles that don't show the hair line. :eek:

But they are a bargin and worth getting...I still think the best investment is a high quality wig with a fine mesh cap...that gets you the realitic hair line that helps us pass! :D

Maddie Nolan
11-11-2005, 05:38 PM
To quote the age old adage "if it seems too good to be true, then it probably is". Having said that, at those prices it has to be worth a try. I wonder if they will ship to the UK...........

DanaJ
11-11-2005, 05:45 PM
If I may, I suggest Beauty Trends - they are almost as cheap, and carry brand names....

JoAnnDallas
11-11-2005, 05:48 PM
Even their Human Hair wigs are decent priced.
BTW, which is better Syn or Real??

Tabathasiren
11-11-2005, 05:55 PM
I am fortunate so have several wig stores in my area. Prices are comparable to the ones on that site. There is a trade off for the cheaper wigs like that. There is not as much "hair" in them and they are thinner. You can't tell by looking at the pictures.

Maddie Nolan
11-11-2005, 05:57 PM
Even their Human Hair wigs are decent priced.
BTW, which is better Syn or Real??

Real obviousley looks a little more natural, but is a major nightmare to keep in shape. Synthetic may not look quite as good, but its soooo much easier to look after. Not to mention a whole bundle cheaper.

Lauren_T
11-11-2005, 06:01 PM
Real obviousley looks a little more natural, but is a major nightmare to keep in shape. Synthetic may not look quite as good, but its soooo much easier to look after. Not to mention a whole bundle cheaper.OTOH, remember that real hair can be shampooed and styled like...... well, real hair :p

pamcd3
11-11-2005, 06:21 PM
I bought a couple of wigs from sexy shoes & paid around 45 to 50 dollars for them depending on what kind you get. They are human hair & very nice. The address is www.sexyshoes.com if you want to check them out

DanaJ
11-11-2005, 06:50 PM
I bought a couple of wigs from sexy shoes & paid around 45 to 50 dollars for them depending on what kind you get. They are human hair & very nice. The address is www.sexyshoes.com if you want to check them outPam, I am pretty sure that the wigs at SexyShoes are synthetic, not human hair...

Robyn2006
11-11-2005, 07:39 PM
Always have gotten my wigs from BeautyTrends who always give great service. Really love their "Bayside" Revlon wig in bright red - wearing it now, thank you very much! But, the VogueWigs site looks GREAT! Would love to hear back from anyone who has bought one there!

Robyn

RachelDee
11-11-2005, 08:49 PM
I really like this one...

http://store1.yimg.com/I/yhst-16383186999789_1867_17674257

Shipping to the UK is almost as much as the Wig though :eek:

Shannon
11-11-2005, 08:52 PM
I get most of my wigs from Beauty Trends. They have extremely fast delivery, always get the order correct the first time, and seem to be reasonably priced.

rachelcd
11-12-2005, 02:01 AM
wow what a terrific site i will be sure to check it out later and perhaps order something

christine55
11-12-2005, 12:32 PM
There is a small dance shop near where I live and they have a deal with Revlon where they get overstock wigs at a very good price. Pay about $35.
Hugs, Christine

jenni96
11-21-2005, 01:17 AM
Did anyone end up giving www.voguewigs.com a try? Were they shipped discreetly, timely, etc?

With my square face, I wanted to give this one a try...

http://www.voguewigs.com/gt-d-boy-giant-wig.html

Even then, they have such wonderful looking selections.

Thank you!

Melissa Ryan
11-21-2005, 02:18 AM
I spose they do seem cheap............I have bought a few from ebay in the closing seconds and won big time. But at the end of the day, the lifespan of these wigs is not very good either. I love the hair I have now, I paid what I felt was a lot too. But. She wont last too long now either! And is sposed to be human hair. Its worth the try though to find the look that is REALLY you. :)