PDA

View Full Version : Could you divide your "wardrobe" into TWO separate piles?

Wildaboutheels
05-29-2012, 05:04 PM
As in, Stuff you will wear "out" and attire reserved STRICTLY for home wear?

I have a feeling that the ratio says a lot about each one of us.

Or are just 2 categories way too restrictive?

Nikki A.
05-29-2012, 06:25 PM
Everything I have either fem or drab was bought to wear out. However there are items that I now look at and wonder what was I thinking when I bought it. Not trashy or ****ty, just not my style. Of course there are items that are worn only when I go out fully dressed aand others that I will wear in an a mixed mode.

Sally24
05-29-2012, 07:07 PM
I occasionally buy something that is too young or short or tight to wear OUT. Some of them are just for photos. Most of my clothes though are for actually wearing into the real world. That's where I enjoy myself the most and wearing nice, sexy, attractive clothes just increases that. Probably the piles would be 10% and 90%.

CynthiaD
05-29-2012, 07:16 PM
Just one pile for me. I realized a long time ago that I just wanted to look normal. My entire wardrobe is very "utilitarian" in nature.

Kelly DeWinter
05-29-2012, 07:16 PM
LOL, I keep two sperate closets, Kelly has the larger one (3 times larger) and the dresser is the all purpose mixing bowl, Jeannie and I both use the garage to swap out winter wardrobes.

Sara Jessica
05-29-2012, 07:30 PM
Whether casual or dressy or anywhere in between, 100% of my wardrobe was purcahsed with the outside world in mind.

Diane Smith
05-29-2012, 11:31 PM
I only buy clothes I intend to wear out. In fact, other than shoes and jewelry, I rarely do any dressing at home without the intention to leave the house.

Now I could make a pretty big pile of "what the heck was I thinking when I bought that" clothes that in fact never actually do get worn in public (or anywhere else), but I'm sure the same could be said of many of us, CDs and GGs alike.

- Diane

Lorileah
05-29-2012, 11:48 PM
Now I could make a pretty big pile of "what the heck was I thinking when I bought that" clothes that in fact never actually do get worn in public

Been there...like just last week :) I should take things back when I do that but I don't.

I have two piles as you say but most are what I bought when I was young and thin and it looked sexy on me to now..I just hope my rear is covered

Cynthia Anne
05-30-2012, 07:55 AM
I just have one big ol' pile! Well that's not including my nighties! Ok then two!!! Whatever!!!!!!

Cheryl T
05-30-2012, 08:04 AM
No, I don't think I could do that. I used to have private things, but then I realized that since I was going out so much I wanted my wardrobe to be fully functional. Now I only buy things that I can wear out. It may be something for a special occasion like a party dress that I won't wear to the mall, but everything I have I can wear out. I can only divide mine between his and hers.
Of course nightgowns and such aren't included as they are meant for in home use only.

Marleena
05-30-2012, 08:52 AM
Yeah I need to keep minidresses for the in home wardrobe. Getting a bit too old for them.:)

Michaelasfun
05-30-2012, 09:27 AM
Yea, I could. When I first started out, I would get things easy to put on and off which fell mainly into the lingerie category, some hosiery, bikinis, etc., none of which I would wear out, and none meant to because at that point I hadn't any plans to be seen outside the home. Then later I started collecting things with an eye on being in public and blending in when dressed. As for ratio, at this point its about 75/25 weighted towards stuff I can wear out.

joank
05-30-2012, 10:46 AM
Mine mostly divides by seasons and not at home or going out. I purchase for out, no matter if it is dressy or casual.

docrobbysherry
05-30-2012, 11:13 AM
Yes, I could, Wild. But, NOT for the reason u mentioned! When dressing at home and for my pics there, I can wear clothing that is damaged or has cheesy repairs, unbuttoned or unzipped in back, worn out, too tite or loose, (held on with safety pins, etc.), uncomfortable or painful, (shoes), etc., etc.

When I go out in something, it must be in decent condition, fit well, and be fairly comfortable!

katie_barns
05-30-2012, 11:39 AM
Only 1 plie for Katie. Everything is for wearing out. In other words I don't have any sexy lingerie. lol Ok a couple of the dresses are pretty sexy but hey, that is for wearing out too.

PretzelGirl
06-01-2012, 10:06 AM
I think it is okay to have "home-only" items. I believe most people have things like that in general. A while after I started going out, I culled a lot of it but there was just some stuff that was too comfy. So they are still in my closet to be worn on those lazy at home days. I do shop with going out in mind, but I just couldn't get rid of a few of those things.

Danika140
06-01-2012, 10:32 AM
Here is my observation regarding your question. It seems to be an early cycle for CD's and even TS's to buy loud and obnoxiously feminine clothes. What I mean is that generally when we start exploring, it's a whole new world of feels, fabrics, cuts etc and being a taboo, we want to distance ourselves as much as possible from our mandrobe. This seems to be increasingly true as you experiment without the intention of going out in public, thus buying lingerie, skirts, dresses etc. Then we start feel bold and want to push it further so we go out and pick up something much more modest/unisex to try out in public. Once the normalcy of going out en femme becomes easy and routine, our wardrobe gradually becomes that is practical rather than to satisfy a fantasy.

I was the exact same way but as I realized that I am more TS with the intention of transitioning, I often times put on a pair of shorts and a cami rather than going for the dress. A lot of TS are in the same boat as they experiment to find out within themselves if they are only CD's or in fact TS's. It's also worth noting that an at home CD'er is not really interested in being "passable" like a CD'er and TS who regularly goes out in public so the wardrobe will be very different. I am more interested in being myself without drawing unwanted and potentially dangerous attention so I often stick with jeans and a t-shirt or shorts or of the like.

Beverley Sims
06-01-2012, 11:19 AM
One pile is in my wardrobe and they get worn out in more ways than one....
The other pile is in a plastic bag destined for goodwill.
These are the clothes I bought after rolling lawn clippings and smoking them and drinking bath water.
They are flashy, short, gaudy coloured, ill fitting, transparent, made of cardboard and other materials and expensive one off designs that were on sale.
I am sure I did not buy them but they were put in my wardrobe by my fairy god mother.:)

ronda
06-01-2012, 12:02 PM
yea 2 piles 1 i wear and the other i do not wear

docrobbysherry
06-01-2012, 12:07 PM
One pile is in my wardrobe and they get worn out in more ways than one....
The other pile is in a plastic bag destined for goodwill.
These are the clothes I bought after rolling lawn clippings and smoking them and drinking bath water.
They are flashy, short, gaudy coloured, ill fitting, transparent, made of cardboard and other materials and expensive one off designs that were on sale.
I am sure I did not buy them but they were put in my wardrobe by my fairy god mother.:)
2 questions, Bev. What Goodwill will u be dropping those off at? And, what size r u!? Lol!

Brigid
06-01-2012, 03:39 PM
I have three piles of clothes:

1. "I'll tolerate you wearing that when we go out "
2. "You're not wearing that if I'm going with you."
3. "You're not wearing that outside these doors!"

I have pretty much an equal amount of each.

sonna
06-01-2012, 04:05 PM
just one pile. depends how much i want to be noticed.lol

jillleanne
06-02-2012, 08:43 AM
98% would be wear out daily. The exception would be the heels. I have begun slowly to buy shoes that are in the 3" range so I can go all day without any pain in my feet.

LaurenAnne
06-02-2012, 11:47 AM
Most of my clothes are suitable for going out; but I do have a smaller collection of stuff I wouldn't feel comfortable or appropriate wearing out. :-)

Beverley Sims
06-02-2012, 02:13 PM
2 questions, Bev. What Goodwill will u be dropping those off at? And, what size r u!? Lol!
One day, it will happen although it has been suggested that the retro clothing should be offered on Ebay.
Size wise one is xssw that fitted me once. I had a 23inch waist. others that fit are sw, 10 to 16. No accounting for sizes.
I do buy 14 these days and 34 to 36 A to C, depending on the mood I am in.:)
If you worked it out on dress sizes 10, to 16. yes Lol!

Bree-asaurus
06-02-2012, 03:18 PM
I can do two piles... but they are a little different.

1: Cloths I feel comfortable wearing and do wear.
2: Cloths that are too girly or feminine that I don't feel comfortable wearing and never do.

S. Lisa Smith
06-02-2012, 03:37 PM
Whether casual or dressy or anywhere in between, 100% of my wardrobe was purcahsed with the outside world in mind.
My wardrobe is the same.

Wildaboutheels
06-02-2012, 04:07 PM
Um ladies, myabe I should have stated that I meant wardrobe to include shoes? Does that change your answer?

And for those of you with SOs. Does your SO have the final word on what goes into the "out in public" pile?

Daphne Renee
06-02-2012, 04:12 PM
well I have my "guy" wardrobe and fem but nothing thats so out there that I would not considering wearing it outside

darla_g
06-02-2012, 04:13 PM
How about two piles being stuff I really like and the second being stuff i am too lazy to get rid of.

Jeannie
06-02-2012, 04:19 PM
Yes I can. Things I love to wear and things I like to wear. I recently donated some items that just plain look like crap on me since I have gain all this weight. Two of them were the only dresses that I owned and one of them was my LBD. So since then I have been trying to find some replacements and as of right now I haven't been successful in finding something that cranks my tractor. You farm girls know what I mean.

Thera Home
06-02-2012, 04:26 PM
Yes, Thera's is in a box hidden away and his(me) clothes are in the closet. LOL

Kate Simmons
06-02-2012, 05:07 PM
Depends on what you are doing I guess. I'm definitely not gonna wear my good stuff if I work on the car Hon.:)