PDA

View Full Version : daughter came home, good, but...

JamieQ
05-29-2012, 06:39 PM
Daughter came back home to stay for a while. I am really glad, but that will definitely mess up my plans for CDing time. I never did like the term CD or transvesti (transvestitism?) so I am going to try to say "my transformation time" or "transformist" . I really do believe we transform into something better, but then have to untransform quickly out because many cannot stay in that state as long as we would like to. Can any one relate to that? I use the term from Spanish eventhough it refers to drag queen.

Wife has been working 12 1/2 hr night shifts averaging 40 somekthing hrs a week, therefore I have been having transformation time 40+ hrs a wee and then add in some girl farming time. (And yes it is hard to do alot of things with long fingernails. Now I see why GGs manipulate the hands and fingers as they do...good manerism practise how ever) Now its going to be cut down drastically. :sad:Part of life, is it not?:straightface: I guess when I have time it will be that much more fulfilling...It is said that when someting is harder to get, that it is worth more when you finally get it. It seems as if time transcurs by the Cding gets more valuable. Any one else experience that? Just a few random thoughts... thanks all for listening...it is great to finally talk to someone about this even though not face to face...IMO... Amanda

Miriam-J
05-29-2012, 09:56 PM
Sorry to hear it, and glad to hear it ;-)

At least young adults tend to have active social lives, so you should have some time for transformations. It might help if you can persuade your daughter to understand that you need some predictable alone time and would really appreciate it if she (a) shared her schedule and plans with you and (b) let you know (via text or call) if she's coming home early. We've done this with my son for the last year and it's really helped - even though he's occasionally come home without notice and we've had some very close calls.

Good luck.

Miriam

JamieQ
05-29-2012, 10:22 PM
Sorry to hear it, and glad to hear it ;-)

At least young adults tend to have active social lives, so you should have some time for transformations. It might help if you can persuade your daughter to understand that you need some predictable alone time and would really appreciate it if she (a) shared her schedule and plans with you and (b) let you know (via text or call) if she's coming home early. We've done this with my son for the last year and it's really helped - even though he's occasionally come home without notice and we've had some very close calls.

Good luck.

Miriam

Oh yeah, really glad she is home, but unfortunately she is in a on and off relationship with her boyfriend. She moves home but usually goes back in a day or two. We really wish she would dump him and move on to someone else. I think we as parents alot of times we are not really happy with our childrens' choices of mates. But unlike my family writing me off because of who I am with, we will be supportive (maybe not be thrilled though)with just about any one she ends up with. She almost always tells us when she coming. She is without transportation now, but does not want any vehicles we try to get her.

suchacutie
05-29-2012, 10:31 PM
Many of us have been there, and it takes some thought to generate another focus. In one dry spell I started using a light coating of brown mascara. It's amazingly hard to put on an undectectable amount but it was terrifically informative! I also perfected a number of ways to tuck and started reading a lot about deportment. I also spent a lot of time with my voice, and then the language change necessary to be effective as a conversationalist presenting as Tina.

There is always a lot to do!

Good luck!

tina

sometimes_miss
05-30-2012, 04:29 AM
I'm a terrible actor, bit I've kind of wondered if it would work to join an amateur acting group for a while to establish to the world that it's part of my hobbies, then 'kind of' find a sort of monty python group where the guys do both male and female parts, so as to have an excuse as to why I practice wearing girl clothes and trying to act like one. Would that fly as an excuse does anyone think? After all, plenty of real actors have dressed up as girls at some point. It would be handy to have a ready made excuse available.

Noel Chimes
05-30-2012, 05:30 AM
I have had to deal with the same situtation. My two daughters moved in with me about two years ago. Prior to that it was just me and the Mrs. and "me time" was whenever the mood hit. However times changed drastically as Mrs. decided to leave (non dressing issues), one daughter moved out and my other daughter has friends over all the time. So being able to enjoy the comfort of lounging around the house or go out on the town has been very restricted. So I look forward to quiet times when the house is empty. So you are not alone AmandaQ.

Beverley Sims
05-30-2012, 05:36 AM
I think we all feel selfish inside at some time but when we say Oh! drat.... there are usually some positives to go with it.:)

Karren H
05-30-2012, 05:47 AM
Cherish the little time you have with your daughter... You will wish you had spent more time with her when she leave to go out on her own... What clothes you were shouldn't interfere with that...

Julogden
05-30-2012, 04:15 PM
I hope it all works out for you, Amanda. Part of life, indeed.

I'm in sort of a similar situation myself. I've lived alone for the past 8 years, and I wear whatever I want to around the house. I always sleep in a nightgown and in the morning, I throw on a robe and lounge in gown and robe during coffee and breakfast. It's my daily routine that I've slipped into and enjoy.

But my daughter is also moving in with me this coming weekend. She's older than yours, mid-30's, but mine knows about my dressing and has no problem with it. The most difficult part is that her kids will be here too, for at least part of the summer, and her oldest daughter, currently 7, will probably be moving in for good. Her boys live with their dad about a half-hour's drive away, and he has no one to watch them during summer break, so they'll spend some time here and some time with their other grandparents in Michigan this summer. They'll be here first. My youngest granddaughter, who is 4, may or may not be moving in for good, as there's some problems with her father not wanting to let her go. Her father, by the way, is a pre-op TS who lives full time.

It's got the makings of quite a show! ;)

But I am looking forward to spending time with my grandkids, and it's lonely living alone, so I'm mostly optimistic, at least for now.

Part of life, as you said.

Carol