PDA

View Full Version : Does that dress come in a size 14

katie_barns
05-30-2012, 12:10 PM
Just a quick funny thing. The other day I was at a Panera Bread [coffee shop] n male mode. As I was leaving the women at the door in front of me was having trouble opening the door as her hands were full of pastries she just bought. She had the cutest black dress on, and looked very sexy in it. I assisted her with the door, and she thanked me. It turned out that she was parked next to me so I offered to help her again. She declined but I had to wait for her to get done before I could get in my car.

Maybe I was staring. I'm not sure but as she was going around to the other side of the car she stopped and asked me bluntly. "Would you have helped me if I wasn't wearing a dress?" That really shocked me. But not to be put in an awkward situation I responded with "I don't know, maybe not, but not for the reason you are thinking." With a confuse look she asked me what other reason would there be if I didn't want to ogle her. She was obviously a little pissed.
I responded with, "I just noticed how pretty that dress is, and I was wondering if it came in a size 14 and how I would look in it."
I think her jaw hit the ground. "Seriously" she asked. I nodded looking a little scared. She busted out laughing and said I was one brave man and then told me where she got it. We talked a couple more minutes and said goodby.

Anyway I thought it was funny and worth telling.

Cindi
05-30-2012, 12:16 PM
I love your response.
GOOD FOR YOU.

BRANDYJ
05-30-2012, 12:20 PM
That is really a funny story Katie. Bold of her to ask if you'd help her if she was not wearing a dress and further ask what other reason if not to just ogle her, (perhaps vain on her part). But your response was also brave. I wonder if I could have said it! Maybe I'll get that chance and remember what you said to her. The outcome was priceless!

janet54
05-30-2012, 12:42 PM
That is a great story Katie and I love your response . Thanks letting us know about it.

SherriePall
05-30-2012, 01:47 PM
Did you go out and buy one like it? I'm glad she stopped and talked to you for a while longer then.

JessHaust
05-30-2012, 02:29 PM
I think if we had some badge, or button to wear that identified us as TG it would put tons of GG's at ease. Women are always friendly with me when I'm en femme. My wife tells me it is because I'm no longer percieved as a threat.

darla_g
05-30-2012, 02:45 PM
i did love that story

Marie-Elise
05-30-2012, 02:49 PM
Excellent story. Why the heck not? She's not the boss of you.

Stephanie47
05-30-2012, 03:54 PM
I bet where ever she was headed you became her lighthearted story of the day. I'm sure both of you are having fun with it. I wouldn't be surprised if the story is appearing on another forum somewhere. :) And, a sexy chick knows she is a sexy chick! Otherwise she may have been in baggy sweats.

carhill2mn
05-30-2012, 04:50 PM
An interesting story. Thanks for sharing.

Jane G
05-30-2012, 05:06 PM
Nice one Katie. That could have been an awkward situation and you turned it around, to a fun conversation, with some simple honesty. I'll be sure and remember that as a little lesson in what best to do.:battingeyelashes:

Nikki Len
05-30-2012, 05:47 PM
I was at Kimgman, Az and was park in a truckstop and next to the truckstop was a K mart. I went in to grab a few things. I saw a skirt that i like and it was only in my wife size. I still grab it for her. While i was at the check out, I ask iff it does not fit can i bring it back? She look at meand said yes and then she asked if i show it her while i was wearing it. Withojt missing a beat, i said not my size, its for my wife and that i wear a size 20 and you guys only have 24. Her jaw hit the floor and then i told her i like dresses better then skirts. The look she give me. As i was walking away she was look at my legs. Freshly shaved.

Comnya

StarrOfDelite
05-30-2012, 05:58 PM
I'm waiting to hear if you went to the store and checked out the size 14?

katie_barns
05-30-2012, 08:06 PM
I'm waiting to hear if you went to the store and checked out the size 14?

Ok for those interested. The store was T J Max, and no; I haven't been there yet. But even if I do get there and find it; I'm sure it will be a let down from the way she looked in it.
lol

Erika_girliegirl
05-31-2012, 03:14 PM
Love the story and i'm sure you could pull it off too!! Little black dresses are my favorite!!!

Jocelyn Quivers
05-31-2012, 06:24 PM
Excellent, you handled that a lot better than I would have!!

Daphne Renee
05-31-2012, 08:25 PM
Thats great. I am not sure I would have had the guts to say that but I am glad you did. Its a great story.

victoriasimmons78
06-04-2012, 10:03 PM
Very brave of you. I've wanted to do that but haven't had the guts.

Claire Cook
06-05-2012, 04:52 AM
I responded with, "I just noticed how pretty that dress is, and I was wondering if it came in a size 14 and how I would look in it."
I think her jaw hit the ground. "Seriously" she asked. I nodded looking a little scared. She busted out laughing and said I was one brave man and then told me where she got it. We talked a couple more minutes and said goodby.

Anyway I thought it was funny and worth telling.

Yes, great story. I just wondered how long it took you to come up with the reply? Sounds like something more of us should do!

Cynthia Anne
06-05-2012, 05:15 AM
That's beautiful! I've heard a lot of stuff but I ain't never heard none of that before! Thanks for the great story! Hugs!

Beverley Sims
06-05-2012, 07:59 AM
I have got myself caught ogling at a girl when I could have been assisting her.
I was asked "Could you help me instead of just looking?"
I WAS ADMIRING THE DRESS AS WELL.
My reply in this instance,"I am a photographer and I was admiring your statuesque appearance. You do look extremely elegant. and would be a lovely photographic model"
She went all jelly like, I asked her for a date, she accepted and I did take a couple of pictures of her.
That was way in the past, I wonder where she is now.
More romantic stories later.

Tina B.
06-05-2012, 08:14 AM
Well that story put a smile on my morning, not only did you come up with a great answer, bravely delivered, but proved once and for all GG's still wear dresses, they don't make all of those just for us! If it's that cute, I wish I had a T.J. Max, I only have one LBD.
Tina B.

Foxglove
06-05-2012, 12:28 PM
Very nice story, Katie, and it comes especially Ã* propos for me. More and more often lately I've caught myself studying women and the things they do with their clothes or accessories and particularly their make-up. Just last week, while I was doing some shopping, I noticed a woman's eyeshadow and had a long look at it, because that's something I'm having problems with myself.

Sooner or later, some woman is going to call me out on it, and now I know what to say. "I really like what you've done with your eyeshadow. Maybe I should try that." We'll see if I actually have the courage to say it, though.

Best wishes, Annabelle

LeannL
06-05-2012, 09:20 PM
Great job! I hope that the smile on your face after the encounter was bigger than mine and mine was big :)

Leann