PDA

View Full Version : A rant for the faint of hearts

Danika140
05-31-2012, 01:50 AM
I have seen many horrors and hell. I try to live my life to maximize every experience whether it be as a male or female. When it's our time to meet our maker, only we can say if we made ourselves happy. I draw strength, confidence, encouragement etc...from those closest to me, but by no means are they my source of happiness! I realized early on that to be truly happy, I may have to go against "society's rules" to truly express myself. I can tell you first hand that I have experimented in Germany, Tampa and now Iron River, Michigan and it's far more safe than not. Very very very people have questioned my painted nails or wardrobe and when I give them the reason why, they accept it and move on.

Not everyone will agree to what and who we are but that's the truth should we be a normal, straight & functioning male! I am calling out those who read this post, challenge yourself and step beyond your comfort levels! You will grow from the experience whether it be good or bad. Have the strength to persevere and the rewards will be plentiful!

After falling in love with tight jeans and blouses, I will not go back to male clothes. If I can do it, anyone can. It just comes down to your own individual strength and wants. Remember, "No one can make you feel inferior without your permission" - Eleanor Roosevelt (SP?) so LIVE!!!! People will remember you for who you truly are so be true to yourself and be a source of knowledge, strength and understanding!

Kaitlyn Michele
05-31-2012, 07:43 AM
Being good with yourself is really powerful thing.

Enjoy!

Traci Elizabeth
05-31-2012, 09:34 AM
Only you can live your life - no one else. And when the end comes, it will not be the things that you did that you will remember, it will be the things you did not do because you let others to influence you.

Danika140
05-31-2012, 10:28 AM
Only you can live your life - no one else. And when the end comes, it will not be the things that you did that you will remember, it will be the things you did not do because you let others to influence you.

I completely agree! I'm about to go on my 5th deployment and throughout my time overseas, I realized how short life really can be. For that, I try to experience as much as I can in life whether it ends up good or bad. I'd rather crash through life "living" than to tip toe around, blending in.

Being TS provides an unique opportunity to explore life and events on both sides. I have lived as a male and done manly things, now I want to appease my true side and explore the world as a woman. Haters who look down on us for who we are won't be offered the same opportunity.

Michelle James
05-31-2012, 05:16 PM
So Iron River? It's just you and Smokey the Bear I guess. LOL My god I haven't been there in years. Must come up some time.

Teri Jean
05-31-2012, 05:21 PM
Danika,
I could have not said it better. Go girl.

Teri

Julia_in_Pa
05-31-2012, 05:40 PM
Very good Danika.

Being fully true to yourself means becoming true to yourself without the clothes, without excuses and without compromises.
You are well on your way.

Julia

STACY B
05-31-2012, 05:50 PM
Thats what I say too ,,, Ya cant worry about everyone elses issues ,, Dealing with our own is a full time job . Ive also jumped in with ya ,,So lets just swim baby swim !! LOL,,,

Danika140
05-31-2012, 07:03 PM
As simple as it sounds, admitting that I am TS and being comfortable enough to talk about it openly was monumental in becoming more true to myself. I was able to openly communicate with my father about it and that was probably the greatest feeling I've had yet as being TS. I've definitely moved beyond the excitement of donning female attire. That feeling of excitement was there because I was doing something that was/is "not allowed" by society and because I was hiding it from my father. Now that he knows and accepts it, the feeling of excitement has been replaced with the feeling of security and normalcy.

I use to think about transitioning and wonder what it was like to feel, live and experience things as a woman and would become down, even jealous of GG for their experiences. Now when I think about transitioning, I get the anxious "butterflies" in the stomach feel because I now know without a shadow of a doubt that I will be living full time as a woman soon. I'm already at the point that I don't even want to look at male clothes, let alone having to wear them.