PDA

View Full Version : Is it ever enough?

prettytoes
06-01-2012, 12:54 PM
By now I have at least 10 skirts, 4 assorted regular bras, 10-12 sports bras, at least 12 different pairs of tights/pantyhose, 3 dresses, several running skorts, 5 exercise capris, 5 pairs yoga pants, a minimum of 50 pairs panties, 10 nighties/pajama sets, etc., etc., etc.

I do not go out dressed; I only dress at home or at my cabin. I still find myself constantly looking on Ebay for more! I cant go to a department store without buying panties, or pajamas, or some kind of activewear. Is there ever a point where I will have enough? I probably have a better assortment of women's clothing than men's, yet I never get to wear any (other than underdressing) outside of the house.

The same goes for nail polish...the bin my wife always kept the polish in is now overflowing, and every time I see a cute new color, I have to buy it. My toes are normally polished, but no one sees it but my wife and I.

Will it ever end?

Kate Simmons
06-01-2012, 01:44 PM
Hard to say Hon. I do, however, utilize every single feminine item I own. That includes interfacing with others and going out. Mostly up to you to determine if you have enough stuff.:)

Jessica86
06-01-2012, 02:08 PM
Will it ever end?

No, and the good thing is that we don't want it to.

kimdl93
06-01-2012, 02:20 PM
I found that once I had a fairly complete wardrobe for each season that my shopping slowed way down. Now, I look for every opportunity possible to wear what I have, both at home and out in public. Maybe, for me, getting out and about has taken the places of accumulating things.

Kathi Lake
06-01-2012, 02:24 PM
Well, why are you buying all these clothes? Is it just the thrill of having feminine stuff, or are you putting together a wardrobe?

Kathi

Tina B.
06-01-2012, 02:30 PM
Prettytoes, I know what you mean, I am also a closet dresser, and have been losing weight, so last week I went through my closet and started packing away things that are now to large for me, I almost panicked when I realized I'm down to my last 15 blouses, and no more than a dozen pair of pants and maybe as few as twenty skirts. I had promised myself I would stay out of the stores, until I get my weight down to where I want it, but it's getting harder and harder to not pick up just a little something, I hate looking at all those empty coat hangers, where all my pretty things used to be. I've always said that someday I would have everything I needed and could stop shopping so much, but after 36 years of being out to my wife, I still find the thrill of shopping, and or wearing something new, the biggest turn on (not a sexual reference) of cross dressing. That and knowing when I look up at the open closet, I know all the pretty things I see are mine, at least those on my half the closet. I had to move my male clothes out a long time ago, there was not enough room for him and her, and all he needs is a small little space somewhere else in the house, while she needs as much as she can get, at least until I lost the weight.
Tina B.

ChristineM
06-01-2012, 02:54 PM
I found that once I had a fairly complete wardrobe for each season that my shopping slowed way down. Now, I look for every opportunity possible to wear what I have, both at home and out in public. Maybe, for me, getting out and about has taken the places of accumulating things.

This. I haven't bought anything in a while.

Shananigans
06-01-2012, 02:58 PM
So, you count how many feminine items you have?

I don't think buying clothes you like had to end...but, you should not be compulsively buying things. I used to have a BAD habit about that. I'm glad that I stopped. I now spend my money on things I need, or save it for something I really want/need in the future. I still treat myself sometimes, which is fine...but, it's not like I'm buying just to buy sh*t.

So, I'd say it doesn't have to end...but, if you are counting your items like a hoard and adding to the "collection"...it gets a little sticky. I always ask myself if I absolutely need something. Or, if it has been a while since I have been shopping...I will treat myself. But, I have no idea how many pair of panties, bras, skirts, or anything that I own. But, I DID know how many designer purses/shoes I owned and wanted to increase that number. My world came apart because of an ink stain on a Prada bag.

I am so glad I realized it's all just sh*t I bought and will fall apart one day. I had a wake up call again recently when a family friend's house burned down. He's a surgeon...so, you can imagine the house he had. But, he said that none of it really mattered except his dogs and bird burned with the house. He also lost all of his pictures. The whole time I was gone on vacation recently, I was worried about someone breaking in and stealing our junk. I was so relieved that my place was untouched when we came back. It is difficult to imagine that something could have happened to my family, friends, or pets...I feel I was worried about the wrong things.

Junk is junk. We need it to get by, and it makes us feel good sometimes. Don't put it at any more value than that.

I gave my cherished Versace purse to Goodwill as a promise to myself one Christmas. I recommend it. It feels good.

RADER
06-01-2012, 04:35 PM
You might thing about getting a Red Dress, or the staple of it all TLDB (The Little Black Dress)
Every wardrobe need those essentials.
Rader

Lorileah
06-01-2012, 04:39 PM
Even when I say "I won't buy anything"...I have to buy something. Like today I had to get a top...but it was on sale...and I need tops...and Yeah I have a problem.

I am trying to cut down though and just get a few things. No it doesn't stop ;)

Karren H
06-01-2012, 04:53 PM
yes it will end...... don't think you will be able to take it with us when you pass on

susan54
06-01-2012, 05:20 PM
I am way past this stage with 1000 skirts and 550 dresses, but Shananigans is right. It is all just stuff, and not the most important stuff in your life. I don't have pets, but Ihave works of art, many by dear friends, and they are much more important than frocks. Frocks can be replaced - not by the same ones, but by ones as nice. The paintings cannot. And the friends cannot be replaced easily either.

Nikki A.
06-01-2012, 05:56 PM
I don't know what is enough to stop, but I have reached a point that something has to really appeal to me and that it has to fit well before I buy it. Obviously this means that I will try on something in the store and as of yet have had no problems. And if I did I'll go elsewhere where my money is good.

darla_g
06-01-2012, 05:58 PM
Space ultimately will be an issue.
Even for me, there are things that i pull out and say I will probably never wear that

Stephanie47
06-01-2012, 06:00 PM
After I accidentally purchased a duplicate dress of eBay I started a word document listing my dresses (83) with pictures. I also had to do that with full slips. especially the white and black ones. Just too many to keep track of. I've been buying less these days! :(

[QUOTE=Shananigans;2861448]So, you count how many feminine items you have?

Sara Jessica
06-01-2012, 06:06 PM
Sometimes when you count things up, the number gets high enough that it all seems counter-productive. Like really? Does anyone need 50 pair of panties? And when these numbers really start getting up there across the board, then hoarding comes to mind.

I am so glad I realized it's all just sh*t I bought and will fall apart one day.

That is an interesting way to look at it for those who wear their clothes in the real world DAILY. My stuff only gets out a couple times per month and with a minimal repeats, things just don't fall apart like they would with regular use. Consequently, when I choose to rotate something out of my wardrobe for whatever reason, the condition is usually immaculate. I typically consign my stuff and make a little cash and if it doesn't sell, it then gets donated.

As for when something gets rotated out, it has nothing to do with a number. It's just when I look at my closet and say "enough is enough" and usually I find myself perfectly willing to get rid of something that when purchased (or even when worn out sometime), I'd have sworn that I'd never get rid of it. But there is always something newer/better/more different to take it's place and as a result, I am able to maintain a very decent wardrobe that is far from being out of hand.

OK, maybe not when it comes to shoes ;)!!!

Daphne Renee
06-01-2012, 07:12 PM
I dont have nearly that much but if I really want something and I have the spare cash I will get it. Will it ever be "enough"? I dont know maybe but I am just enjoying getting what I can for now.

busker
06-01-2012, 08:44 PM
By now I have at least 10 skirts, 4 assorted regular bras, 10-12 sports bras, at least 12 different pairs of tights/pantyhose, 3 dresses, several running skorts, 5 exercise capris, 5 pairs yoga pants, a minimum of 50 pairs panties, 10 nighties/pajama sets, etc., etc., etc.

I do not go out dressed; I only dress at home or at my cabin. I still find myself constantly looking on Ebay for more! I cant go to a department store without buying panties, or pajamas, or some kind of activewear. Is there ever a point where I will have enough? I probably have a better assortment of women's clothing than men's, yet I never get to wear any (other than underdressing) outside of the house.

The same goes for nail polish...the bin my wife always kept the polish in is now overflowing, and every time I see a cute new color, I have to buy it. My toes are normally polished, but no one sees it but my wife and I.

Will it ever end?
There does come a point when one is just caught up in the buying game. I get ads and catalogs like there is no tomorrow and there are a lot of interesting and nice things out there, but like you, I dress at home, and since i have enough I spend the extra money on other things of interest or save it. Next year is going to be a bad one so I suggest saving as an alternative.

sissystephanie
06-01-2012, 09:58 PM
As Busker said, it will only end if you want it to! Unless you ar under somebody else's complete control, you do control your own life. So what happens is up to you. For your information, I have way more feminine clothes that you do! But then I have been buying female clothes for many years. I finally got smart and decided not to buy anything this year, and so far I haven't. Of course the year is not over yet!!

sometimes_miss
06-02-2012, 12:20 AM
I spend a lot of time shopping for girl things online, but never click the final button to make the purchase. Saves me a bunch of money. But the answer is no, you never have enough clothes. Just ask any woman.

Alice Torn
06-02-2012, 01:20 AM
There is that old saying, that most all Americans would do well to heed. "Happiness is wanting what you have, not having what you want." Nuts! I just ordered five more underthings off Ebay yesterday! Busker is right. Grim times are just ahead.

a1stephie
06-02-2012, 02:16 AM
Lol, this is a lovely thread. I have often wondered the same thing myself, but kind of put those thoughts to the side for a bit. The best thing is I have given up purging, so now I can take my time and accumulate what I want, when I want, without having to hide it from my wife. My inlaws (whom we currently live with) might be getting a bit suss though ;)

Oh well, I say go for it. We only live once, and you'll only be miserable if you deprive yourself...

Treetop Louise - I'm with you on those pesky Ebay clicks, but how did we manage before it?

Tina B.
06-02-2012, 07:17 AM
I saw a bumper sticker yesterday that reminded me of this thread. Get Rich Quick, Want Less! I've tried, but I always want more, so I guess I'll just stay poor.
Tina B.

Cheryl T
06-02-2012, 08:15 AM
Yes, it will end....when you die....LOL.
That's the only thing that will end it for me. Until then it's shop, shop, shop....

jillleanne
06-02-2012, 08:35 AM
Rookie!!!!! You haven't even got started hardly! Get out there and until you own at least 50 pair of heels, 30 dresses, 60 pair of hose, 12 wigs, 36 tops, 36 skirts, 44 bra and panty sets, 11 dressers, 6 bottles of Chanel, 14 pair of leggings, 6 pair of silicone forms, 28 nail polishes all within 12 months old, 12 garterbelts, 6 pegnoir sets, 12 babydoll sets, 2 jewellry boxes full of quality jewellry and costume jewellry, 31 lipsticks, 4 sweaters, 1 eliplator, 12 sweater dresses, 6 jackets, 4 winter coats, 6 pair of high heel boots, 4 pair of maribou slippers, 11 silk scarves, an assortment of hair clips, and 6 blushes, you're not finished. But you are on the right track now get out there and get shopping!!!

busker
06-02-2012, 11:29 PM
I think the problem is in understanding that as guys, our selection of clothing is very limited. so as CDs, we are like kids in the candy store, but when you eat too much candy you get a tummy ache (read empty wallet) and that cures you for a while. The trick to is look, look, look, and be very selective about buying. I've done the "order thing" too right up to the "confirm your order" click. But shopping on line as every bit a time grabber as anything else--if not more-so by cutting down you will save time, money and frustration when all this stuff piles up and where did go? NOT out, and what did you do? NOTHING! The art of being content takes time to acquire , and I am serious about the financial meltdown coming next year. The USA is CTD==circling the drain (thanks, George Carlin).

prettytoes
06-03-2012, 08:19 AM
I did not intend to say it's a bad thing....I love buying new panties, or a new nightie, maybe some girly pajamas. I do wear panties 24/7, I sleep in women's sleepwear every night, I wear a sports bra when I go for my daily bike ride, and I usually wear colorful girls sport socks, so much of my femme wardrobe is put to good use. I was just curious as to if I will ever want to stop. As for now, it looks like it won't end...that's a good thing!
I do look for sales, clearance racks, and I get a lot off Ebay...I am a careful bidder and don't get caught up in "bidding wars". I have gotten some really nice skirts, etc. for just a few dollars.

Busker, I agree fully with your view on the meltdown, but I additionally think it will spread and be a full governmantal meltdown. I really think it will come to the point that those that can survive off of the land and feed themselves will be the only winners. I am not a survivalist, but I do have a cabin where I can live without utilities, (wood heat, water from a spring, etc.) and I would have no trouble providing food for my family. I really think that financial wealth will soon have little bearing on status in society. A good friend of mine (who is a farmer) once told me this "if we take all the lawyers, accountants, politicians, etc. and put them on an island the world will continue to go on, but do the same with the farmers and everyone would starve". I agree with him fully!

Beverley Sims
06-03-2012, 02:52 PM
I only have to launder my bras once a month now to keep supply up.
A different pair of shoes and boots lasts a fortnight.
15 different girls can leave my place in a fortnight,from redheads through brunettes to blondes.:)

jillleanne
06-04-2012, 09:40 AM
Busker, I agree............................

Not quite true. We lawyers, accountants, and engineers, and politicians,, would legally find a financially feasible method to produce engineered politically correct food supplies for the masses. I prefer however to leave well enough alone and let the farmers do their thing and thank them for that.