PDA

View Full Version : Co-worker refered to me with a feminine pronoun

JamieG
06-01-2012, 03:08 PM
Yesterday, I was walking to lunch with two male co-workers and one was talking about how his wife leads a girl scout troop. He pointed to me and said, "Her wife... I mean his wife... also leads one." I wonder, was this just an honest mistake that could happen with anyone, or subconsciously did he sense my feminine nature? In any case, I secretly enjoyed the moment, and briefly imagined myself being accepted as their female colleague, out in my smart skirt suit and heels. Has this ever happened to any of you?

Gillian Gigs
06-01-2012, 03:17 PM
I am prone to think it was a well timed faux pas, you just got the benefit of being there at the time. But, enjoy it for all of its worth.

Amy Hepker
06-01-2012, 03:19 PM
Maybe he knows or maybe he does not know only your hairdresser knows for sure

sonna
06-01-2012, 03:38 PM
i got a "miss" this morning and i wasent even dressed up ,and i do love it! i dont even correct people any more.

Karren H
06-01-2012, 04:11 PM
I really don't have that problem....

Daphne Renee
06-01-2012, 06:19 PM
Its happened once or twice but doesnt normally happen to me anyhow. It happens more on the phone than in person. It was probably just a mistake but if you enjoyed it then thats great.

Kate Simmons
06-01-2012, 06:33 PM
Not like that but since I call everyone "Hon" it sort of slips out once in awhile when talking to other guys. I said that to a co-worker once and he said: "What did you call me?" I said:"I called you "Hon" because I think you are sweet. " He said: "Er, okay", kind of rolled his eyes and kept on walking.

In any case I wouldn't mind leading a Girl Scout Troop myself Hon or at least be a "Den Mother" for Cub Scounts. I could see that going over like a lead balloon.:heehee::)

RiverdanceGirl
06-01-2012, 09:12 PM
It happened once. In high school. A girl that I had a total crush on referred to me as 'she'. Although I didn't say anything, it was quite exciting. Did she subconsciously think of me as female?

Sandra1746
06-02-2012, 06:03 AM
I regularly get referred to with the feminine pronouns when I'm out in shops and such. Probably due to my long hair. It does feel nice.

Hugs,
Sandra1746

Tina B.
06-02-2012, 06:52 AM
Not since I lost all the hair on the top of my head.
Tina B.

Lesley_Roberta
06-02-2012, 07:14 AM
Chances of me getting mistaken as a she if not wearing a convincing wig and in your face female attire, is less than zero.

Must be the male pattern hair loss, the overly obvious male facial structure and the clothing that screams out man I suppose.

Personally, unless you are inherently female looking even when not enfemme, they either definitely know, or it was weird.

Beverley Sims
06-02-2012, 01:28 PM
I am always being referred to as a girl by my friends if I refuse to do something considered utterly masculine or just plain stupid.:)

Dena
06-02-2012, 09:58 PM
I got a "Thank You, Mam" after buying a dress one time, dressed completely as a guy. Followed by an a apology. I laughed it off, saying "I've been called worse!"