PDA

View Full Version : Does this count as first time out?

NewShy21NJmtf
11-12-2005, 04:12 AM
I'm involved in two lgbt groups on my college campus, one is specifically for transgendered individuals, and the other is just an umbrella lgbt group. Through one of these groups, I found out about a party that another lgbt group from campus was throwing, and the party's name was genderf***. Reduced admission if you were crossdressed. I went as John, and changed there into Stephanie, and I got a lot of nice compliments. Particularly, people were impressed with my choice of wig. I took some risks getting to the party too, I brought my clothes to my apartment (with roommates) and I got my clothes ready at my apartment, where I also painted my nails, all while my roommates were gone, but for how long they'd be gone, I had no idea. I also went out to eat before the party, completely in drab (on the outside anyway, hehe) except for my pink sparkly nails, and noone noticed, though it is a pretty liberal college campus. When I got to the party, I ran into people I knew, but I didn't care because I never talk to them anymore, and because though they weren't crossdressed, they were at an lgbt party. I made a new friend at the party too, as well as giving some old friends who knew about Stephanie, but had never met her, a chance to meet her. It was a very good night, it could've been better if I had met a girl, but still it was great.

I was just wondering, does this count as my first time being out as Stephanie? What are your thoughts? Is this anymore legitimately out than Halloween, because I have been out as Stephanie for Halloween, but I don't consider that because my family and friends saw me, and they didn't think anything of it, since it was Halloween. Whether it counts or not, it was great. I just got back. The only thing is my feet are killing me from being on them in heels for 6 hours.

Stephanie

Lauren_T
11-12-2005, 04:58 AM
Well, sure... why not? You got femmy, went out in public, you saw and were seen by people old and new and interacted with 'em... if that's not proper stepping out, what is? :thumbsup: You should make it a regular thing... ;)

Being (among other things) an amateur social / cultural anthropologist and futurist (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Future_studies), I've noted before that the rapidly spreading college GLBT & transgender groups are the key to our acceptance, cause they're where the people who will occupy key positions of influence in society in the very near future are becoming accustomed to us... :)

RachelDenise
11-12-2005, 07:20 AM
If you're keeping score, I would say that this is numero uno!

Jamie M
11-12-2005, 07:22 AM
I think this totally counts , who cares if it wasn't down the high street or anything , it's an extremely big step for anyone the first time they make public what they do/who they are so it makes sense to make the step as easy as possible and make it amongst like minded people .

Sounds like you had real fun , good on you :thumbsup:

Paula Rae
11-12-2005, 07:41 AM
Hey Stephanie,

Yes, that was your first, congratulations!
Can you please answer this (stupid?) question what is "glbt"?

Ricki B

Deidra Cowen
11-12-2005, 07:49 AM
It counts! But according to the Crossdressers rulebook on page 234 section A paragraph 2 :D it would count as your second outting! Because Halloween does count too. :thumbsup:

cathy b
11-12-2005, 08:12 AM
if it felt good it counts.

KatieZ
11-12-2005, 08:37 AM
Of course it counts. Going out dressed whether to a glbt party or a mall is still out. You were seen and interacted with others. Brave first step out. :thumbsup:

Hugs

Adrianne
11-12-2005, 08:47 AM
Hi Stephanie, yes it counts, happy for you, i hope it was a great party.

NewShy21NJmtf
11-12-2005, 09:08 AM
Thanks girlies, it was a lot of fun, but I've woken up after only 4 hours of sleep without a voice this morning. For those of you who don't know, lgbt stands for "Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender" The acronym sometimes has many more letters also, which include "I" for "Intersex", "Q" for "Questioning", "P" for "Pansexual", and many more, but if you really want to be all inclusive, you can just say the "Queer Community". Even though "Queer" is the generally accepted word on college campuses now, I refrained from using it in the original post because it used to be a derogatory term.

Stephanie

Kim E
11-12-2005, 09:11 AM
Hi Stephanie ~
If you're keeping score then I would say, yes, it absolutely counts. I'm happy for you and also very impressed by the effort you made to attend the party. You went as Stephanie, interacted with others and had fun. Sounds like you came away from the experience with a very happy and positive outlook. I would say it was a giant step and you deserve a big hug. Way to go !

Hugs ~ Kim

TGMarla
11-12-2005, 09:14 AM
I wouldn't even worry about it "counting". You got dressed up, and presented as Steph, right? You mingled as Stephanie with people who had no problems with you being Stephanie. Heck, if Halloween doesn't count, I've NEVER been out. My only outing was a Halloween party with my wife. I dressed way too well, but who cares. I wasn't sure such an opportunity would come around again any time soon, so I went for it...shaving and all. So sure, Steph. If you're gonna keep count, start there.

Kimberly
11-12-2005, 08:51 PM
w00t!!!! first time out, hunny!!!! go you!! xx

Diane Paris
11-12-2005, 09:06 PM
Stephanie: What fun! You must have really enjoyed being out with your peers where you could be yourself as Stephanie. I'm proud of you! ...and yes, it surely counts as a real outing. Regards, Diane

Michelle Hart
11-13-2005, 06:31 AM
Ohhhh that so Counts!!

Crossdressers rulebook on page 654 section F paragraph 9, Clearly states:

A CD who leaves Their domicile enfeme for any reason that excedes 36" from any exit or entry point will be considered "out".

This is not to be confused with Section Q whic clasifies you situation as SUPER OUT AND ABOUT.

Congradulations sister!!

Marlena Dahlstrom
11-13-2005, 12:48 PM
Definitely counts. Congratulations!

jo_ann
11-13-2005, 02:19 PM
my only outing is going to a party as a nurse on halloween, but I think that counts whether people know that your a CD or not.

Jasmine Ellis
11-13-2005, 02:32 PM
Well done love. You did go out as Stephanie, and it worked did it not? You took the opportunity to have fun, lets hope you go out more as Stephanie:rose2: :rose2: :rose2:

tifftg
11-13-2005, 03:39 PM
Out the door, in public with others, dressed being you, it counts and more importantly is just so wonderful that you have an environment where you feel comfortable expressing who you are. I am so happy for you.

Tiffany

Wendy me
11-13-2005, 06:43 PM
yes it counts well done and it sounds like you enjoyed it too...way to go...

swiss_susan
11-14-2005, 09:44 AM
Is a big enough step without worrying if it counts or not. I still have not made it. So I will say yes.

However the way you look you need to get out more. (hottie)

Susan