PDA

View Full Version : Is it possible to dress en femme as a female dressing partially as a guy?

Lesley_Roberta
06-02-2012, 03:51 PM
Just a muse.

Lots of girls casually just wear some of the male world's clothing, and they just do it without thinking it worth comment. They are not girls crossdressing as guys, they are just stealing the ability to wear guy clothing from the male world.

Girls think nothing of wearing our shirts as night shirts. My wife wore my old army dress shirts like this, they were plenty enough big on her. It wasn't crossdressing, she was just making good use of them.

You can get all manner of articles clearly made for girls, but there are so many articles made with no real gender. Winter gloves are just gloves. Shoes can be just shoes if a girl wears shoes made for men. Convention t shirts have no real gender to some extent. And while girl's jeans sure can look like girl's jeans, but no one really cares if a girl wears men's jeans.

So the question occurred to me. Is it possible for a guy that is dressing as a girl, the pull off being a girl wearing a guys clothing articles?
At least we would be the right shape I guess.

darla_g
06-02-2012, 03:53 PM
maybe a picture would help?

Kate Simmons
06-02-2012, 04:58 PM
Oh yeah absollutely Lesley, I can do that Hon.

MelissaLynnSilver
06-02-2012, 05:07 PM
agree picture would help

Lesley_Roberta
06-02-2012, 05:20 PM
Not bad Kate :)

I don't currently have any pic options unfortunately. Too early in the game for me.

sissystephanie
06-02-2012, 05:29 PM
Lesley, your wife was crossdressing when she wore your shirt to bed. Wearing the clothing of the opposite sex is crossdressing no matter what reason it is worn for. My late wife used to wear a lot of my clothing, simply because it was much looser on her. In contrast, I wore some of her things because they fit me tighter and felt better!! BTW, I have been a crossdresser probably longer than you have been alive. I started wearing my sisters panties when I was 6 y/o and I am now 80 years old! I do frequently mix my enfemme and drab clothing during the day. I am always underdressed in panties and bra, but my outer clothes may be enfemme or drab!

lisalove
06-02-2012, 08:15 PM
All I wear is women's clothing. Most of them aren't too obviously female, unless you know what you are looking at.
They may have cap sleeves, 3/4 sleeves, the collar/ neck line maybe different than male clothes the material is softer and/or lighter etc.

Tina B.
06-03-2012, 10:05 AM
The trouble with that idea, is we spend a lot of time with padding and make up and wigs, to get a way from anything that might make a person think male, a pair of jeans, a shirt, could just be the one touch of masculinity that gives you away. Leave mens clothing for looking like a guy!
Tina B.

Sandra1746
06-03-2012, 10:33 AM
If all women wore only dresses or skirts while all men wore slacks it would make the distinction of cross dressing easier. However, it just isn't that easy.

Look at any clothing catalog like LL Bean or Lands End. They sell both men's and women's clothing. For shirts the biggest difference is which side the buttons are on, a really trivial difference. The women's shirts are usually available in prettier colors while men's clothing seems to have used mud as a color palate. T-shirts or are even more ambiguous. Slacks and jeans do have differences with the biggest I've found is the lack of pocket space on the women's styles.

The most distinctive Fem clothing accent is lace or decorative stitching. That's not so common on men's clothing now, but it sure was 200 years ago! You can also add jewelery or other accessories as you like.

So my answer is YES, we can cross dress partially or completely en-Fem and mix-and-match to our hearts content. You can look as Fem as you want or as androgynous as you want. The GGs do it all the time.

The only rule is, there are no rules.

Enjoy,
Sandra1746

Lesley_Roberta
06-03-2012, 11:23 AM
@sissystephanie 80 eh, man that must have been interesting over the years :) Being a history nut, I can relate rather well to the various eras you have walked through. All I have seen are the 60s and forward.

FemmeElastique
06-03-2012, 12:01 PM
Yes, it's possible. It seems that few can really pull it off. Or maybe more can than I know. When I dress up, I wear very distinctly female clothes. The only clothes I have are dresses and heels. There's no question that these are womens clothes.
I don't think I could wear mens clothes and still look like a woman. But this really could be the way I see myself in the mirror in such an outfit.

Jennifer W
06-03-2012, 12:40 PM
If all women wore only dresses or skirts while all men wore slacks it would make the distinction of cross dressing easier. However, it just isn't that easy.

Look at any clothing catalog like LL Bean or Lands End. They sell both men's and women's clothing. For shirts the biggest difference is which side the buttons are on, a really trivial difference. The women's shirts are usually available in prettier colors while men's clothing seems to have used mud as a color palate. T-shirts or are even more ambiguous. Slacks and jeans do have differences with the biggest I've found is the lack of pocket space on the women's styles.

The most distinctive Fem clothing accent is lace or decorative stitching. That's not so common on men's clothing now, but it sure was 200 years ago! You can also add jewelery or other accessories as you like.

So my answer is YES, we can cross dress partially or completely en-Fem and mix-and-match to our hearts content. You can look as Fem as you want or as androgynous as you want. The GGs do it all the time.

The only rule is, there are no rules.

Enjoy,
Sandra1746

I'm glad there are no rules. The only problem I do have is girl jeans don't have deep enough front pockets. I dress partially male and female every day. At work I wear a uniform and only wear panties and a girly tank topunder my uniform top. I'm not working today, so i'ts panties, fem jeans, a camisole and men's t-shirt and sneakers. I dress for my comfort when I'm not working. No rules is cool by me!

Beverley Sims
06-03-2012, 02:40 PM
When I was younger I wore a mans nylon mesh shirt and short shorts with a wig and black bra underneath.
There was no question that I was just a girl wearing a mans shirt.
The shirt looked so good that a couple of girl friends fought over it afterward.