PDA

View Full Version : What's In Your Checkbook?

Persephone
06-03-2012, 02:03 PM
I just got to wondering how many of us have girly checks?

There are a plethora of them out there on sites like 4checks.com (click here) (http://www.4checks.com/home.aspx) and many others.

There are cat and kitten checks, flower checks, unicorn checks, scenic checks, hunting checks, and on and on and on.

My checkbook is currently filled with abstract pastel swirls, but here are some I might select from for my next reorder:

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y53/sandylewiscares/ChecksVintageRose.jpg

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y53/sandylewiscares/ChecksBoutique.jpg http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y53/sandylewiscares/ChecksGirly.jpg

How about you? What's in your checkbook?

Hugs,
Persephone.

sissystephanie
06-03-2012, 02:36 PM
My checkbook is also my business checkbook, which happens to be an Insurance Agency! So the checks aren't feminine at all! And I don't intend to change them!

PretzelGirl
06-03-2012, 02:38 PM
What are checks? :D

Eryn
06-03-2012, 02:57 PM
Nope, mine all have pictures of airplanes on them, courtesy of my previous career. That's not likely to change since the number of checks I write has dropped considerably and my remaining supply will last for years to come.

Foxglove
06-03-2012, 03:04 PM
What are checks? :D

That's when Karren Hutton sends you flying into the boards.

Actually, I haven't had a checkbook, either, for. . . well, for a long, long time. I can't even remember when. "Cheques" in Ireland are expensive anyway. I think you have to pay a fee for each one you write. I don't know if that's the case elsewhere.

joank
06-03-2012, 03:06 PM
Mine are plain checks also. The checkbook also works a small business so they remain gender neutral.

paulaprimo
06-03-2012, 03:08 PM
That's when Karren Hutton sends you flying into the boards.

very good annabelle, that would be a true "cross"-check...lol:D

Julia_in_Pa
06-03-2012, 03:08 PM
I have plain counter type checks that I haven't used in over a year.
Everything I pay for is done online, by debit card or with cash.

Julia

missyvf
06-03-2012, 03:17 PM
check book??? how 80's retro

RADER
06-03-2012, 04:45 PM
Although I am retired, I still do side jobs from time to time; So my check book has my business
name on it also. Just plain light blue business checks. BTW my checks numbers have 6 didgets on them.
Yes I have been around a while.
Rader

Alice B
06-03-2012, 06:11 PM
I write very few checks since everything is done by credit card. About the only checks I write are to my golf club or related gof events., A female themed check would not fly well.

Michelle James
06-03-2012, 06:12 PM
Checks? Seems like I vaguely remember that from my past. You had to actually write on them I think.

Monique L
06-03-2012, 06:18 PM
I have the looney tunes characters (Bugs Bunny, Daffy Duck, etc..) sort of a reflection of the state of my finances.

Mistybtm
06-03-2012, 06:31 PM
I also have the looney tunes characters may change on next order, will be a wile.

Daphne Renee
06-03-2012, 06:43 PM
I dont have a checkbook. So its not girly. I just have my debit card and its just a standard one.

Cynthia Anne
06-03-2012, 07:58 PM
My last checks were kittens! But that was the century before this one!Hugs!

Lesley_Roberta
06-03-2012, 08:09 PM
I never use checks. As I see it, if I can't pay cash I can't have it. Checks are to me just slow motion credit cards. I would hate needing to have money sit stagnating in a bank just so a person could eventually get around to cashing the damned thing.

I guess I don't have too many 'girlie' things on display in my day to day world.

But I am not without them. I have had a cute Sailor Moon skin to my Nintendo DS in the past. I have cute Sailor Moon desktops for my computer and laptop. My Google image can be cute Sailor Moon images. I almost used Sailor Moon as my avatar, but I like this one more (I drew that in pencil crayon). I have Sailor Moon figures brazenly on display amid all my model tanks here :)

I wish Mastercard has a Sailor Moon concept credit card hehe, that would be so cool.

And funny is being out and about, and I take off my head phones to chat with someone or I just need to take them off momentarily and the next song up is something in the way of a Sailor Moon tune from the show.

Ooh alright I'll shut up about Sailor Moon sheesh spoil sport.

Davena Doll
06-03-2012, 08:20 PM
When we first orderd checks I wanted pink teddy bears that was like 10 years ago. I had to look ( my wife does all the banking) and yes I think she has a secret bank acount, but thats a diferint story, any how there is butter flys on them.

Noemi
06-03-2012, 08:25 PM
Good idea. I have a pink wallet, though it has a gorilla on it, modern art stuff. I get reactions to that, raising of the eyebrows form the normal folk(narrow idiots)...My next batch of checks will be more expressive, good suggestion hun.

Cassi3
06-03-2012, 08:28 PM
Seems to me that I used one recently after about two years of not using checks. I can't remember what was on them. I know my debit card has a pic of my dog, Angel!

Diane Smith
06-04-2012, 03:42 AM
I got a subdued but feminine design, where each check is one of several different pastel colors, the last time I ordered checks, along with a light purple suede checkbook cover. I mostly use them at hair and nail salons or my tattoo studio, where they already know me as Diane, and for a very few monthly bills that I still send in by mail, where I figure nobody would notice anyway. I did have a moment's hesitation a couple of weeks ago when I had to pay a male friend for a personal debt, and was worried the next check in the book would be a pink one. It wasn't, and I don't think he noticed anything out of the ordinary. I used a pink one to buy my registration sticker at the DMV the other day, but they're too busy (or uninterested) to care.

- Diane

Beverley Sims
06-04-2012, 03:59 AM
A lot of paper without my signature on it... For now.

Cheryl T
06-04-2012, 07:23 AM
Just plain checks...I refuse to pay extra for the privilege so I just get the free ones.

Beth Mays
06-04-2012, 07:31 AM
I havent used a checkbook in years... I like Cash for the things I buy local, Credit card or Pay Pal online. Wife keeps the Checkbook anyway, they are the free ones.

Rebecca Star
06-04-2012, 07:39 AM
check book??? how 80's retro

All my company transactions are done with EFT, heaps easier and it saves paper.
Additionally, don't have to hear that excuse, the cheque (check) was sent, (the one that never turned up in the mail).

For personal use it's CC (get 55 days interest free - account paid each month, a win win for me). Albeit sometimes it's good old fashioned cash too :heehee:

jillleanne
06-04-2012, 07:46 AM
I just got to wondering how many of us have girly checks?

There are a plethora of them out there on sites like 4checks.com (click here) (http://www.4checks.com/home.aspx) and many others.

There are cat and kitten checks, flower checks, unicorn checks, scenic checks, hunting checks, and on and on and on.

My checkbook is currently filled with abstract pastel swirls, but here are some I might select from for my next reorder:

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y53/sandylewiscares/ChecksVintageRose.jpg

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y53/sandylewiscares/ChecksBoutique.jpg http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y53/sandylewiscares/ChecksGirly.jpg

How about you? What's in your checkbook?

Hugs,
Persephone.

I have giirly cheques for my Bank of America account in the US, but in Canada, I only use my Visa card for everything, then I pay off my card once a month online. No fees what so ever, ever, I rack up the air miles along the way, and I extend my credit payment date by up to 45 days simply by using the card. Of course the key to any card is to ensure you pay off the balance each month, otherwise, you might as well just throw money in the roadside ditch each month; about the same effect.

Stephenie S
06-04-2012, 09:29 AM
I use the checks pictured on the lower right of your picture. I love 'em. In actuality, however, they are printed much fainter than in the sales description or in your picture. The check company prints all my bank info on them. I got a really nice pink leather check book cover that matches the checks from the same company.

Auntie Stephenie

DonnaT
06-04-2012, 12:27 PM
Mine have roses.

I've had to correct SAs when they've commented on the design my wife picked out, telling them that it was my choice. :)

Vanessa Storrs
06-04-2012, 03:01 PM
Almost all my face to face transactions are done with a card or cash. The few checks I write are for bills. The person processing my payment cares nothing about my check except for their account number and the size of my payment. Cute checks, for me at least, are an idea whose time has come and gone.

StaceyJane
06-04-2012, 03:09 PM
I haven't written a check in over ten years.