PDA

View Full Version : The ways to hide

*Vanessa*
06-04-2012, 01:43 PM
A question addressed to CDers only please :)

As a TG of a totally supporting GG, it has crossed my mind many times... How does a CDer shop, bring home and hide their female cloths while living with a non-supporting S/O??

This is actually a serious question and not presented here as some type of slam or anything like that. My life has changed recently and with that change I now live with a non-supporting GG.. I am so shy my knees start to buckle as I approach any store, I have no idea where I would shelve the cloths. I do however, know when I would wear them :)

Thanks for your community support.

Elle1946
06-04-2012, 02:04 PM
I use to put my clothes in a box in the garage out of her reach, unless she used a stool. Now they are in a closet besides her's but, it took a while for that to happen. Good luck.

RADER
06-04-2012, 02:12 PM
My first wife did not approved of my CDing. When I would try to bring home clothes, I would hide them
in various places either in my truck, or workshop until a time when she was not home.
Then I would bring them up to the bedroom and hide them in a special location.
When I built the house, I built in a dresser closet into the large closet. It had 5 drawers, and a nice top
for other things. Unknown, only to me, is the bottom drawer had a secret compartment under the bottom
drawer, as large as the bottom drawer it self, witch I could hide my "Clothes" in.
She never found it after 9 years, and she lived there for another 5 years after we divorced.
She never knew it was their. I wonder if the present owner knows????
Rader

kimdl93
06-04-2012, 02:21 PM
You know the obvious answer - don't hide! Of course, that's easier for me to say than for you to do. Still, I would think that one would live in constant fear of discovery. Wouldn't it be better if you could reveal yourself in a thoughtful and controlled manner. Only you can be the judge of that.

Jilmac
06-04-2012, 02:43 PM
My spouse was non supportive and I was forced to hide my clothes until she passed away. I kept a workshop in my basement and had secret compartments between the floor joists and under the basement stairs for all my foldable clothes. For my hang ups like dresses and skirts, I used a lockable stationary cabinet where I removed the shelves and installed a closet pole.

Karren H
06-04-2012, 02:52 PM
Were like cia caliber spys!! Lol. Before my wife found out I went as far as rebuilding the bathroom cabinets with secret compartments. With magnetic latches. Where I had everything I needed to dress. And each bathroom was fully stocked and had different theme. I once bought this beautiful gown while the family was in the mall... I volunteered to take some packages back and going through Macys I spied a rack of gowns on sale. Found one in my size and took it back to the van and hit it under the front seat. They did wonder what took me so ong. "I got lost".... Lost in the pink fog!!

After I was discovered my wife told me she had no clue. I was that damn good at it. But I got sloppy and left some stuff out. Hey. You do what you have to do at the time to survive.

Any holier than thous can judge me all you want.... I could give a rats a$$.... but I don't have to apologize to anyone but my wife. And I'm paying the price for what I did and probably always will. That's my fate and I accept it without whining.

wilt575
06-04-2012, 03:08 PM
I

As a TG of a totally supporting GG, it has crossed my mind many times... How does a CDer shop, bring home and hide their female cloths while living with a non-supporting S/O??

This is actually a serious question and not presented here as some type of slam or anything like that. My life has changed recently and with that change I now live with a non-supporting GG.. I am so shy my knees start to buckle as I approach any store, I have no idea where I would shelve the cloths. I do however, know when I would wear them :)

I usually shop by myself and keep every thing in my dresser,also do my own wash. Wife has never been supporting of my c ding. She knew but had to wait until she was gone or out of town. Now after quite a long time maybe 2yrs, still not supporting but tolerates (ignores) it, now can be "starla" when ever I want but must go out along if fem.

Cheryl T
06-04-2012, 03:18 PM
I was one of those that hid till I finally came out to my wife and found her acceptance overwhelming.

I kept them in my car, then in boxes hidden in the attic till I could take it no longer and had to tell her for my sanity's sake.

Richelle423
06-04-2012, 03:26 PM
I keep all my girlie jeans at the bottom of my drawer under my guy jeans. So when my SO does laundry and puts my guy jeans away they go right on top of the other guy jeans that are covering my girlie jeans.

TiffanyGreene
06-04-2012, 04:08 PM
I have found the air intake for the air conditioning unit to be very helpful. That is the usually boxy area behind the dust filter. Many will also be built with a 2x4 between the studs above the opening, i have stored as many as four pairs of heels there. Folded clothes in a box behind the air filter.

Also i have used power saw cases and the like, just sit the saw outside the box. Unless the wife does woodworking, she wont know.

~Joanne~
06-04-2012, 04:50 PM
I am closeted yet none of my clothes are. My dresses hand at one end of the closet right behind all of my drab clothing. Everything foldable is in a box at the front and my heels are in a footlocker.

My situation is pretty weird. Sometimes I wonder how closeted I really am to her. She knows I have and wear openly pantyhose. She knows I have a few articles of clothing and I wear footies ( the kind women wear at wedding receptions when they take their heels off). She has never questioned or said anything negative about what she does see and know I have.

she doesn't know I have everything else but I am sure that if she found it, it probably wouldn't be that big of a surprise.

docrobbysherry
06-04-2012, 06:34 PM
No ideas for u on hiding them, but I'll tell u how to ORDER THEM!

I get tons of things thru the mail. All delivered to my work! That way, no chance of my daughter wondering who that Victoria's Secret package they dropped off is for! The folks at work don't know either. And, they DON'T CARE!

Lori B
06-04-2012, 06:40 PM
Up in the attic,,my makeup and stuff that won`t take the heat(:heehee:) I keep in my workshop....

Paula_56
06-04-2012, 06:48 PM
My gun safe in the basement!!!

STACY B
06-04-2012, 06:49 PM
Good thread ..I all ways wondered the same thing . Cuz my wife always knew to an exstent about some of it ,,Not all ,, But she sure dows now !! But I guess I am just to lazy to hide it from her ,,lol,, But the kids were a different thing ,,The clothes were easy ,,It was the shoes that finaly made me come out to my daughter .Of corse she is a shoe freak like me ,,An she was cursed with big feet an when I was or wasn;t home she would looking around the room or closet an see some shoes an say to my wife ,,Ohhhhhhhhhh whos are these ?? An what could my wife say ? An after loseing some of my favorite ones it was time to come clean an say heyyyyyyyyyyyy we gotta talk ,,,lol,,, An I had to save my beloved shoe collection from the likes of the ol shoe SNATCHER ,,,LOL Geez dam gurls she aint safe nowhere . Not even in my own closet . Oh by the way when she took some of my favorite ones becuz my SO had the closet open when she was around an got sloppy I said to her ,,,Well ya know what time it is ??? An she said ,,,,, Ill get my PURSE !!!

Sheila11
06-04-2012, 06:52 PM
In the attic, the barn, my shop, at work, sometimes in my car, and top shelf in the closet.

Marcie R.
06-04-2012, 06:57 PM
I have three special places in the joists supporting the main floor. These are only accessable from the basement with a ladder. This has been my secret hiding place for many years.

Tina B.
06-04-2012, 07:38 PM
I've used the attic, an old suitcase with a lock in the garage, an old foot locker. misc cartons in a storage area, I like where there at now much better, it's easier to access, and things stay nicer. Oh, there in the master bedroom closet, 1/2 filled with my feminine stuff, the other 1/2 is my wifes. My chest of drawers has all the fold ables, undies, tee's and Capri's. There is no room for my male stuff in the bedroom, but I don't mind, it's close by when I do need it.
Tina B.

Marcia Blue
06-04-2012, 08:01 PM
For one of my other hobbies I had to have a ATF Explosives User Permit. The Permit required an explosives magazine, (imagine a theft, fire, and bullet resistant safe). I kept a lot of girly things in there. Only time it was a problem was when the ATF came a calling for an inspection. The ATF always called a couple days in advance, thank God.

Alice
06-05-2012, 12:03 AM
Most of my stuff is currently in a suitcase in the trunk of my car. I'm sure if you really wanted you could find some space in yours. Other than that, behind some old or rarely used stuff in the corner of a closet. Perhaps you can buy something electronic with a big box (television, speakers, amplifier, radio, computer, printer) and say you want to keep the box in case you need to transport or sell whatever it is you're buying. Before my parents know I smoked cigars, I hid my humidor in the box of an electronic picture frame we had received as a gift, and I had since moved into the box of an old turntable. Hope any of these were helpful.

Joanne Curl
06-05-2012, 12:45 AM
In a very large suitcase, in a locked storage locker (I have the only key) at work.

Stephanie47
06-05-2012, 01:31 AM
There is a large box and a smaller one in my nightstand. I know my non accepting wife knows of those two boxes. The rest, including 83 dresses, is kept in fourteen photocopying boxes in plain sight in the converted garage. There are two other boxes of attire above the hot water heater. Although she is non accepting, I often wonder what will happen if she ever finds out what's in all those boxes. If I die first I guess she is going to find out. Unless she loses a lot of weight, there are going to be some nice dresses for her to wear. Something to remember me by! :)

busker
06-05-2012, 02:00 AM

Not sure if your wife has gone from one mode to another or you are re-married to a non-supporter now. It seems to me that you should be trying to figure out what went wrong (if you are still married to the previously supporting wife) rather than spend time trying to hide your belongings. If there is self storage areas in your town, they are reasonably cheap for small spaces.
don't get caught up in the pink fog as it will ultimately cause you to do dumb things that will backfire on you. Yeah, sure, some people hide their stuff for years but that really does bring Karren's SPIES to life. Hiding in plain sight sounds like one hell of a life.
What have you done to change her views? you really want to figure how to reverse those ideas before buying and storing more stuff.
just an idea!

Shannon C.
06-05-2012, 02:34 AM
I used to keep things that I bought in a travel bag that I would stash high in the closet that was out of my wifes reach. If she was home I would keep things that I bought in my truck until the coast was clear and I could safely move the items inside. It was becoming more and more difficult as I accumulated more things, but then I told my wife about everything and now I don't have to hid anything. So much better this way.

steph1964
06-05-2012, 03:17 AM
I bought my clothes and shoes online and kept them in a duffle bag in the closet. I used my wife’s makeup. I also bought two new pairs of shoes last year, and hid them in a suitcase in the garage. Now she knows so I am able to hang the clothes up, which keeps them looking better. I also have more outfits…another advantage of a supportive wife.

jillleanne
06-05-2012, 05:32 AM
You build a ground to roof double wide chimney on the outside of the house with doors. When your s/o asks what the chimney is for since you don't have a fireplace, tell her the asthetic value will increase the value of the house if you ever sell some day. She'll just shake her head thinking you're nuts.

Teri Ray
06-05-2012, 06:50 AM
I have always been a barn girl. All my things are in bags in the barn. When a chance to dress arrives I go to the barn and bring my things in the house and when done dressing I pack then back up and back to the barn they go.

Beverley Sims
06-05-2012, 07:10 AM
When I found my first set of bras I hid them in one of the carriages of my "0" gauge train set.
That was a brilliant idea. I then used other crevices around the house successfully until one day.
Brilliant idea! put a padlock and hasp on a small cupboard in my room and hide things there.
So convenient and accessible at any time.
Mother had a screwdriver as mothers do.
Didn't count on that.:)

paulaloha
06-05-2012, 08:05 AM
I used the box to my xbox 360 and other electronic devices. I keep the boxes to most everything I buy so I just put items into some of them when I was younger. Right now I'm living on my own and all my girly things have a nice drawer in my dresser and hangers in my closet. But I'm going back to school soon and will probably end up living with my grandparents or something... Back to the days of hiding, dang it!

I'm thinking I might just need to suck up the price and get an apartment, but we shall see what the budget allows. I really wish I had an accepting family and I could just put all that rent money towards new clothes!!!

ChristineM
06-05-2012, 08:13 AM
When first married in an Army footlocker. Wife never looked there. Then a rental storage space.

And then I accidentally left out a pair of heels one time. Might have survived that as she had an almost identical pair but being five sizes larger was pretty obvious.

Now everything is in the closet in my home office/den/cave. She knows its there and doesn't like it but doesn't say anything. Well, not much anyway.

As far as getting stuff in, for many years I had either a PO box or mail store box for doing my EBay thing. Just have it shipped there in my wife's name and then slip it into the house. Now that I go out on occasion I do my shopping then. Except maybe shoes. Had to find women's 12s in the store.

Deanna Jeanine
06-05-2012, 08:14 AM
Were like cia caliber spys!! Lol. Before my wife found out I went as far as rebuilding the bathroom cabinets with secret compartments. With magnetic latches. Where I had everything I needed to dress. And each bathroom was fully stocked and had different theme. I once bought this beautiful gown while the family was in the mall... I volunteered to take some packages back and going through Macys I spied a rack of gowns on sale. Found one in my size and took it back to the van and hit it under the front seat. They did wonder what took me so ong. "I got lost".... Lost in the pink fog!!

After I was discovered my wife told me she had no clue. I was that damn good at it. But I got sloppy and left some stuff out. Hey. You do what you have to do at the time to survive.

Any holier than thous can judge me all you want.... I could give a rats a$$.... but I don't have to apologize to anyone but my wife. And I'm paying the price for what I did and probably always will. That's my fate and I accept it without whining.

Well said Karen...BRAVO....and DITTO!

larry
06-05-2012, 08:14 AM
Interesting question. Thru the years I have used briefcases-suitcases etc.. The scary part now is that I actually just hang stuff in a closet .
(I consider that reasoning to be driven by the members on this site.) You are SO bad for me. I presume that some day one of the kids will be here and open that closet (no pun intended) . And then ?? hehehe

Ally 2112
06-05-2012, 09:59 AM
Even thou my wife knew she disliked it more than liked it and me being the dishonest crossdresser i was i built a compartment in the attic of my shed .Insulated it put a floor down and the door was velcroed , drilled some holes and put huge nails in the holes so it looked just like it was nailed shut(the door ) as far as i know she never knew ?.I did this because she would of feaked if she knew how much clothing i was buying ,just couldn't help myself .We are divorced now anyways because of a lot of issues caused by the cding and yes i do feel bad for lying a lot of days .But as Karren said i have paid the price and have moved on no more whinning :)

Debra Russell
06-05-2012, 11:48 AM
Never really had much stuff to hide untill I let wifie in on my alter idenity now she has half of the closet and I have the other divided in the middle by hanging shoe bins - she comments once in while on how many shoes I have, but we are about equally matched.........................Debra

Lorna
06-05-2012, 03:43 PM
The trouble is that the more secure and difficult to access the hiding place, the longer it takes to get the clothes and put them safely away again. For those of us who generally have only short periods in which to dress, this can make it quite hard work for very little enjoyment time. If things are crammed into small spaces, it also takes longer to find and extract the required items. Yes, I know that keeping things hidden is not ideal but for many of us it's the only way.

Janine cd
06-05-2012, 09:54 PM
I built a locking closet in my workshop and kept a few skirts and blouses in my bedroom closet which my wife did not share.

hotskirt
06-06-2012, 07:49 AM
I used to keep my stuff in Wax coated chicken boxes in the barn on shelves that I made. Wife never went in that part of barn. I finnaly got caught by here and now she is accepting. Now I have my own closet upstairs and can hang them up. Its alot easier dressing with clothes in house than getting stuff from barn and bringing to house and then taking them back again. I guess I'm lucky she is accepting. Denise