PDA

View Full Version : A victory at work!

missyatl
06-04-2012, 04:08 PM
I was talking with the executive director on my floor about an unrelated topic last week and the mention of nail polish came up and I said how I was told not to at work months ago because of policy. He was shocked and said he didn't think that was accurate and said if there wasn't a policy he was ok with it. Well check out the email below!

(FROM HR REP)
@@@@ told me you talked last Friday and I checked the policy before I left for Lyon. I don't see anything in the policy about nail polish, so I don't see any concern with men or women wearing nail polish.

(FROM EXEC DIRECTOR)
To follow up with our conversation. I am fine with it. If there are any issues, please let me know.

Today my director actually came up to my desk (not common) and seemed excited and practically reached to lift up my hands to see what color I went with. I told him I didn't want to chance it until I got an official "ok" from HR and him. That's when he sent the email to "put it in writing".

VICTORY!!!
(a small one but a victory none the less)

Vanessa Storrs
06-04-2012, 04:41 PM
Congratulations!

Any victory is good. What color did you decide upon?

kimdl93
06-04-2012, 04:46 PM
Every little bit Helps!

missyatl
06-04-2012, 06:47 PM
Every little bit Helps!

Cream pink. Can't wait to see how it goes tomorrow.

Cynthia Anne
06-04-2012, 07:09 PM
Go for it girl! Great victory! Great color! Hugs!

Tina B.
06-04-2012, 07:27 PM
Pretty choice, and a great personal victory, I hope it is well received by your coworkers, some of the women maybe jealous, when they see how good your nails look.
Tina B.

Foxglove
06-05-2012, 12:53 PM
Nice one! I hope this is something that will catch on. I love having my nails painted myself, and it is a right nuisance to have to take off the polish when I want to go out and then put it back on later. It certainly would be handy if I could just leave it on all the time.

I once knew a guy who painted his nails, and nobody in our crowd thought anything of it. But that was our crowd. I wonder if he took any flak for it elsewhere. Maybe I should just paint my bloody nails and leave them that way. I've let them grow out now, and I like the way they look.

Annabelle

Shananigans
06-05-2012, 01:12 PM
That's awesome!!! Also, a quick howdy from just down the way from ya in Birmingham!

P.S. I have a similar color on my toes right now.

Mistybtm
06-05-2012, 01:17 PM
that is great I am happy for you. where I work can't where any make-up or polish at all. it is in the plants policy.

missyatl
06-05-2012, 07:04 PM
I changed it today, felt it was too much for my hands. At the advice of my wife and a female coworker I went with cotton candy. Very subtle but at the right angle it looks great.

Marleena
06-05-2012, 07:24 PM
Congrats Missy! That went well. Most of us could only wish for more workplaces like that.:)

Rachel Morley
06-05-2012, 11:12 PM
Congrats Missy! That went well. Most of us could only wish for more workplaces like that.:) I'll second that! I would love to wear a French manicure on my own long nails but I don't want the hassle that will go with it. ... explaining and whatnot.

DonnaT
06-06-2012, 11:17 AM
I'll second that! I would love to wear a French manicure on my own long nails but I don't want the hassle that will go with it. ... explaining and whatnot.
Soak your nails in fresh lemon juice and you'll get the look without the polish.

aly01
06-06-2012, 11:48 AM
Congrats on your achievement missy