PDA

View Full Version : Tri Ess?

zenerabird
06-05-2012, 03:35 AM
Anyone here know much about Tri Ess? I see references about them and I've looked at their website. I'd like to know if they're any good or worth the time. If they are, it might be a good idea for me and my SO to go.

Vickie_CDTV
06-05-2012, 04:37 AM
If you are a hetero crossdresser and have a GG wife or girlfriend, than they might be a real help to you. I would recommend contacting them and try a meeting and see if you like it.

jillleanne
06-05-2012, 05:25 AM
Each Tri-Ess chapter operates off the same principles but like anything each have their differences. They are an invaluble too for anyone gender enhanced. Although originally designed for hetero. crossdressers, most if not all chapters accept all gender variations with no issues. I was a member of the Orlando, Florida chapter and we had nothing but days of fun every month. Meetings once a month were a hoot, and weekly outings to various events, restaurants, etc. One member was a pastry chef so you can imagine the deserts each meeting at the pot lucks. An advantage of Tri-Ess is they accomodate the spouses who meet also and we all socialize together. There is individual support for members having a hard time with their gender issues as well. I would highly recommend TRI-ESS to anyone loooking for answers, friends, outings, and support. If you have a spouse, she is most welcome to participate at any level but you do not need a spouse, nor is she required to join you, at meetings. It gives the spouses some new friends/perspectives into this issue as well if she so chooses. Overall, a valuable tool for anyone with gender issues.

zenerabird
06-05-2012, 06:05 AM
Thank you. Just the information I needed.

Cheryl T
06-05-2012, 06:21 AM
every chapter of course will be different with a different mix of people.
My chapter has a wide range of ages and backgrounds and lots of wonderful people. We regularly have 3 or 4 (sometimes more) wives in attendance depending on the function and it's been a great help to my wife and I.
When we began this journey I suggested joining. She was hesitant as is understandable, but once we went a few times it helped her see that this was not "that weird", that we are just average people being ourselves. She saw that we are not perverts, that this is not sexually oriented and that people are from a wide range of backgrounds, most with average or above intelligence, families (some that participate completely), and lives beyond this.
She saw that we are not substituting this for other things and not replacing our "regular" friends with those from the chapter even though we have made some wonderful friendships over the last 7+ years.

If your wife has questions, you may find some answers. Others are there to help and support and most have been through many of the things that affect us in this lifestyle.
I would suggest giving it a try. You have nothing to lose and lots to gain.
It may not be for everyone, but you won't find out unless you try.

jillleanne
06-05-2012, 06:49 AM
One of my favorite parts of attending the meetings was how the s/o's had fun watching us strut in heels. You could see their faces shine with smiles when someone in killer 5" heels would walk about. Of course most s/o's were dressed casually while the tg people were dressed to the nines. I do miss my fiends in Orlando. As Cheryl suggests, it may not be for all, but the help it has provided for many is countless. There is definitely a place in society for TRI-ESS.

Ally 2112
06-05-2012, 10:05 AM
Unfortunately there are no chapters in canada

SANDRA MICHELLE
06-05-2012, 02:21 PM
I was a Chicago Tri Ess member for a few years and it was great, my wife attended most of the meetings with me. The first time I really got out was to a tri ess meeting. I say really got out as in interacting with others, I have been going out for many years but allways stayed to myself, just shoe shopping and such. This was an eye opener as I was able to meet others like me in an environment that was non threatening and accepting. I highly recommend it to anyone that wants to expand there horizons.

Veronica27
06-05-2012, 05:42 PM
I joined the Tri-ess National organization about 17 or 18 years ago, but unfortunately there were no longer any chapters in Canada. I remained a member for several years and enjoyed reading the quarterly magazine, as it was my only source of information about any aspect of crossdressing back at that time. However, the growth of the internet and the massive amount of opinion and discussions now available, along with an increasing desire to make actual contact with others in the community, made Tri-ess somewhat redundant, so I let my membership lapse. However, if you have one of the chapters near you, membership could be very beneficial.

The greater emphasis on TG rights and all inclusiveness that has become the philosophy of many of the other support groups can be a bit uncomfortable and intimidating, especially for crossdressers who are taking their first steps toward outward contact with others. This is even more the case for those spouses, who may have no prior experience with or knowledge of crossdressing, but are facing the sudden discovery that they have married a CD. The support of others facing the same problems can have enormous benefits. This was the primary objective of Tri-ess.

Veronica

zenerabird
06-05-2012, 08:01 PM
Sadly I have found out that there is no Tri Ess in my area. We have C.O.T.A which I know less about. I'll have to look into them more and see if they will work for us. Otherwise I don't know what I will do. I really want my SO to accept ALL of me, not just the parts she's comfortable with. Probably the same thing that others here wish for. Those of you that have an SO that supports and even helps you with your CDing I envy.

jillleanne
06-06-2012, 07:12 AM
Sadly I have found out that there is no Tri Ess in my area. We have C.O.T.A which I know less about. I'll have to look into them more and see if they will work for us. Otherwise I don't know what I will do. I really want my SO to accept ALL of me, not just the parts she's comfortable with. Probably the same thing that others here wish for. Those of you that have an SO that supports and even helps you with your CDing I envy.

You could always start one. Churches are often willing to provide free accomodations in their halls for such things. Just takes alot of ground work.

zenerabird
06-06-2012, 11:34 AM
I'm in Oklahoma, most of the churches here wouldn't support a group like that. it goes against the Bible, Duet 22:5. Anywhere else would cost to use and I'm on a tight budget as is.