PDA

View Full Version : Personality ... Does it change when you dress

Billiebluenose1878 GG
06-05-2012, 08:10 AM
Just a question to all you girls ....

Does the way you do day to day things .. Deal with issues ... Eat ..shop ... Help round home etc or even interact with you SO ... when you Dressed or when in Guy Mode .... Or are you intertwined with each other that there is no difference ...?

Marleena
06-05-2012, 09:15 AM
Not much changes for me Billiebabe. I am more relaxed in girl mode though. My wife doesn't mind me in girl mode because I am more relaxed and happier.:)

Billiebluenose1878 GG
06-05-2012, 09:20 AM
I feel that Nikki is not much different ...just calmer ... Otherwise Nikki's just the same ..loving caring gentle ..and I love my Nikki eternally ...
Thanks Marleena xxxx

ronda
06-05-2012, 09:23 AM
i think iam the same guy or girl mode i have always cooked cleaned done laundry washed dishes so it's all the same to me i am happier now that i am semi out of the closet and have been for the last 10 years

Rondawants
06-05-2012, 10:14 AM
Me too, but I do feel better doing it as a girl! Depending on how long I've been in girl mode, it's really hard for me to go back to being a guy!

Kate Simmons
06-05-2012, 10:16 AM
Pretty much the same but there are some subtle moves, gestures and facial expressions that obviously can only "work" in femme mode. For example I have artistic license when I dance en femme and can "get away" with more than when en homme.:heehee::)

Jennifer W
06-05-2012, 10:19 AM
I don't change per se, but it takes longer for someone to get under my skin when I'm in girly mode....

sherri
06-05-2012, 10:35 AM
I don't change, but my self-expression does. Sorta like letting my guard down.

Billiebluenose1878 GG
06-05-2012, 10:37 AM
Thanks Girls ..... It was something I was curious about .... Xxxxxxxxx

Rachel Renee
06-05-2012, 10:58 AM
Not much changes for me Billiebabe. I am more relaxed in girl mode though.
This pretty much sums it up for me, too. I'm also a lot more outgoing and social, not that I'm anti-social in guy mode, but when dressed, things just seem to flow easier.

Lorileah
06-05-2012, 11:01 AM
Interesting how we all have the same reaction. I, too, am more relaxed and really more outgoing.

If this is the case then you would think every SO in the world would promote crossdressing :)

Beverley Sims
06-05-2012, 11:16 AM
Very interesting that all replies are similar, mine also.
I do not change much although I am more tolerant as a girl.
What we need are some opposing views.

Karren H
06-05-2012, 11:36 AM
I'm just another guy in a dress. The only thing that changes when I change clothes are my looks...

Stephanie47
06-05-2012, 11:38 AM
I would do the household chores en homme or en femme since I am a retiree with a working wife. However, I am definitely more relaxed in a dress, slip, hosiery and heels. There are chores I would only do en homme such as mowing the lawn and digging in the dirt. Since I use being en femme as a stress reliever my dressing is confined to my home and backyard.

Cheryl T
06-05-2012, 03:13 PM
My personality doesn't change...it flowers. While I'm generally a happy person and outgoing I am much more so when dressed. I'm more confident, happier and in general just feel so much better about myself.

CynthiaD
06-05-2012, 04:21 PM
My personality doesn't change completely, but the things I don't like about my masculine side tend to submerge: the aggressiveness, the competitiveness, the combativeness. I feel much more serene as a female.

Cynthia Anne
06-05-2012, 04:27 PM
Big time! I'm either the sweet little girl next door or the mean a$$ guy that even on a good day I can barely stand myself! Hugs!

suchacutie
06-05-2012, 04:40 PM
A couple of years after my wife and I found Tina, she and my male self were sitting around one weekend talking. We covered an incredible breadth of ground that morning. Tina came to visit later in the day. Understand that even though it had been a couple of years, we were still actively trying to figure out who Tina was.

When Tina arrived we started dinner but then, as always, Tina was asked what was new with her, etc. However, my wife steered the conversation back to some of the same topics we had discussed as husband and wife earlier. Now it was her girlfriend she was talking with. After a few questions Tina mentioned that these topics had been discussed earlier. My wife's response was, "yes, but this is my girlfriend and I was very curious whether her feminine perspective would change some of the opinions or viewpoints!".

Initially that seemed completely impossible, but Tina went along with it and we found that some details, opinions, and preferences changed!!! This was a major breakthrough for us and we really believe that my brain is divided masculine/feminine is large blocks, so that there really are major differences. Tina is amazingly detail-oriented, fastidious, and incredibly organized. My male self more tends to go with the flow and figure things out on the fly. Tina is slower and more thoughtful at that speed. He prefers thinking quickly on his feet, more in crisis mode. Tina hates crisis mode! Then again, Tina loves chick flicks and my male self can't stay in the same room when they are playing!

So for 55 years these two personalities existed together. Tina arrived and we've been teasing out the differences ever since. Personally, I love understanding how I function. I've been learning to draw on my gendered selves when necessary, no matter how I'm presenting (although it feels a bit weird at times!)

Btw, did I mention that my male self is right handed. Tina is clearly left handed. No kidding.

Kathi Lake
06-05-2012, 05:30 PM
Nope. Not at all. I'm a sarcastic (yet sweet) dork no matter which side of the closet I get dressed from.

:)

Kathi

natacsha
06-05-2012, 05:44 PM
I am more relaxed and collected as a male. My female side is anxious, hyperactive, prissy and can be bitchy and it's sooo much more fun! XOXOXO

Emma Leigh
06-05-2012, 05:46 PM
Most definetely......I am dressed pretty much all the time............except when I have to work........then I am bad tempered and cussing all the time.........actualy..........I might just hate my job.......:heehee:

Lori B
06-05-2012, 05:50 PM
oh yes,most definitely,like an out of body experience....:heehee:

Billiebluenose1878 GG
06-05-2012, 05:53 PM
Thanks Girls .... Its interesting how some of you stay same and others have little differences ... And Natascha you have a great sense of humour xxx

Roberta Marie
06-05-2012, 05:54 PM
I never thought that I changed the way that I behave, but my wife says that I'm more outgoing when I'm dressed. My kids say that when they ask me to borrow the car or they need some cash, they would rather ask me when I'm in guy mode, because I'm more likely to say no when I'm dressed. I've never noticed these differences, though.

KellyJameson
06-05-2012, 05:54 PM
I do not change other than being less anxious but socially the world seems more tolerant of my eccentricities, not much but every little bit helps.

Noemi
06-05-2012, 06:01 PM
Hey Billy Babe,

I am different in my mannerisms. I can do the flouncy bouncy stuff I can not do in guy mode for fear of getting my ass kicked.

Women act much differently than men, more emotion and hugs...perhaps an illustration would be the difference between a male and female wardrobe, much more color and variety for the ladies.
Fundamentally I am me no matter but I act more naturally when I am dressed as Noemi.

Chardonnay Merlot
06-05-2012, 06:03 PM
It definitely changes sort of...my excitable fired up intense male persona, become an intense, excitable dorky cheerleader :)

drushin703
06-05-2012, 06:04 PM
billibabegg: Thanks for asking. YES, I do change when I dress enfemme, and especially my personality. When I come home, undress, take off my makeup, soak my
high-heeled- burdened feet and become the male dana again, I think of all the people I should have cursed out but was just too lady-like and polite to do so. Most of
us may not think so and certainly may not admit it, but putting on a dress a wig and some pantyhose, WILL change your disposition.....dana

Tara D. Rose
06-05-2012, 08:25 PM
This pretty much sums it up for me, too. I'm also a lot more outgoing and social, not that I'm anti-social in guy mode, but when dressed, things just seem to flow easier.
Your words here match myself exactly.

Tara

April_Ligeia
06-05-2012, 08:36 PM
No difference for me, unless i don't have time to do nail polish, makeup, etc for a while, then i start to get a little grouchy. If i can do what i want on a daily basis, I'm the same person however dressed.

Rachel Morley
06-05-2012, 10:44 PM
I would say that I am essentially the same person but when dressed my mannerisms are a little more feminine and I'm a little bit quieter.

Brittany CD
06-05-2012, 10:54 PM
I'm still the same person when dressed up, but I do feel really good when I become Katie

Kathryn_Cox
06-06-2012, 12:56 AM
I just used to think that I felt happier and more relaxed, but it must be more than that as when my male self is having a very bad day and is all grumpy and miserable my wife often says please go and put a dress on and make up and some hair so that we can have a nice smile from you :heehee::clap::cheer:
Kathryn xx :hugs:

Kylie4
06-06-2012, 01:32 AM
I am more relaxed and more likely to do household chores when in girl mode. Also as a avid golfer I find I play a lot better when I am wearing panties and have my toenails painted. Maybe it helps my balance. LOL. I'm overall just a more relaxed person.

Thera Home
06-06-2012, 02:42 AM
[/QUOTE=Kylie4;2865829]I am more relaxed and more likely to do household chores when in girl mode. I'm overall just a more relaxed person.[/QUOTE]

Good Morning Ladies
Im with the majority here, Im much more relaxed and euphoric. There's a spring in my step, a smile on my face, a much deeper expierence of love in my heart, a carefree mind. I guess I do change or a deeper reality comes out. Plus I also do household chores but, while a big SMILE.

Thera

jillleanne
06-06-2012, 08:26 AM
According to my s/o, I am more gentle and caring when en femme. When in drab she often comments on how I seem to be depressed, which I do not think I am, but I go change to Jill, she says she notices a difference immediately. Granted I cannot do many of the 'guy' things en femme, but she knows that. Often she will tell me to get dressed to go shopping together. I think there are many days she prefers 'princess' around the house rather than 'him'. Works for me!

gigififi
06-06-2012, 01:05 PM
My SO tends to cross his legs a lot when he is in skirts or en femme.

Alice B
06-06-2012, 01:14 PM
Bassicaly no. My manerisms change to a more female way of standing, walking, holding a drink, etc. But, the person within is the same.

~Joanne~
06-06-2012, 01:21 PM
I am a bit calmer and more relaxed when I am dressed but in the end it's still me as a whole person. I don't separate things into two beings, life is way to complicated as it is :).

ClaudiaDawn
06-06-2012, 01:35 PM
I do not notice much difference, but my wife does, she says my personality changes to the point that she can tell what kind of clothes i was wearing when typing a post to this forum just by reading the post. Maybe so.

Erin McShea
06-06-2012, 02:26 PM
My wife and I were just having this conversation last week. I noticed that I am much more outgoing and calmer in Erin mode. But my wife said she notices a whole lot more. My personality is, and I quote "bubbley" and much more talkative as Erin. Also that the way I carry myself changes.
I find it amazing, yet confusing how that happens.

Carmen
06-06-2012, 03:06 PM
Yes...because the world see's me as Linsey and I in turn respond to the world as her. When En Femme I have no choice but to be her to the people around me.
I become aware of everything about and around me and how I interact with everyone. My senses will shift towards the Femme side as I now must follow the
'rules of the road' that the ladies are always so mindful of.
I smile a lot and hold my head high. I make quick eye contact with people, they smile and I smile back. I love the feelings that go with being out En Femme...the feel of my long hair
on my shoulders, my heels clicking on the sidewalk, my rack bouncing slightly as I step, my lingerie and clothes and how they hug my body.
My attitude and persona adjust accordingly and my outlook of the world is much better.

I feel extremely feminine and like I belong...and my attitude reflects that.

carhill2mn
06-08-2012, 02:13 PM
There is definitely a change for me. When I am en femme I try my best to always act, talk, etc. as a lady would.

kimberly ann487
06-08-2012, 03:33 PM
I'm the same person en femme, however I'm less up tight since I'm not trying to act like everyone expects a man to act. I'm free to be myself.

Joanne f
06-08-2012, 03:44 PM
I would say yes my personality does change but I think that is more to do with circumstances as I do less stressful things when dressed so I am more relaxed when dressed not so much because I am dressed.

CD_blue
06-08-2012, 04:02 PM
If I was to answer this question just for myself then my answer would be no I am exactly the same. However, my fiance has told me that I seem much more relaxed and seem happier. She has brought this up a few times to me as a matter of fact.

melaniecd34
06-22-2012, 07:16 PM
I find i feel more me when dressed up, a sense of completeness. I think its partly escapism from the all the real stuff in life

tall sam
06-23-2012, 06:20 AM
Yes definately and thats one of the reasons I dress up. I think I have a "nice guy" personality but when dressed I find that I think about different things, I can relax and just enjoy the feeling of the clothes. But I am definately more outgoing and would happily go out to a CD friendly nightclub and party till 5am (this happens very seldon unfortunately) but in male mode would not really have the same fun and probably fade early and just annoy my SO.
Also get very different sexual feelings when dressed - just want more and more where in guy mode, its different and once satisfied I have had enough.

Interresting topic!

Sammy

JamieQ
06-23-2012, 06:28 AM
When I can Cd I "feel' like a totally different person...mind, body and soul...in a much more relaxed , euphoric way. Its like a major personality shift. I have often wondered if this was some kind of personality disorder or something that just clicks when I start dressing, but I suppose it is just the way I respond to CDing. It takes a little longer to click back into guy mode. Amanda

noeleena
06-23-2012, 06:59 AM
Hi,

Being intersexed does not change the core of who i am it really has nothing at all to do with am i male or female .

if i wrote this would it explain better . if you mesh to gether male & female so that there is no difference or can not be seperated, i think as both male / female to gether.

I think about things doing things enjoy myself as a normal person even if some think im different spos i am ,
it makes little difference what i do , building sewing designing , photo work cooking cleaning house,working on cars trucks what ever i just do it , its not oh thats a male work or this is only womens work it just does not enter my mind .

Now how do i see things relateing to problems or issues how a male views those issues, or as a woman talk about every thing else because there is a problem do i solve it work out what i should do to resolve it or just comunicate it in my talking or do i just wont companingship.

I was trained to solve problems i was trained to act according to what ever needed to be done dont think just do it.

or some times i have a problem issue i cant work through & i get so frustrated so i walk away.many times im crying its over my head, just nice to go talk with another woman clear my mind no i dont solve that issue i just leave it,

I get on well with women because im at home with them & we are on the same wave link mentaly .emotionally

I was trying to seperate male from female really it wont work in my case.

...noeleena...

Antoinette
06-23-2012, 07:33 AM
I'd have to say slightly. I tend to say "hun", "sweetheart", and "love" a lot as a girl, something i'd never say as a guy (except for "love"). i 'm not afraid to dance as a girl, lol. But as a guy I'm such a chicken. I think that's about it, otherwise I'm still the quiet, sarcastic,, outgoing and friendly person I've always been.

cindybabe
06-23-2012, 08:10 AM
yes definitely cindy is more relaxed and happier, than when i am in male mode.She just loves to sit and talk and listen more.My wife seems to know if i am grumpy and quiet and says maybe its time for me to go upstairs and tell cindy to come down.

Xrys
06-23-2012, 09:14 AM
I am different when I dress. I am not nearly as shy as I am in guy mode. I have more confidence, and a happier attitude.

Tina B.
06-23-2012, 09:28 AM
I'm pretty much the dame either way, but I do smile more when I am dressed feminine.
Tina B.

Kaz
06-23-2012, 09:39 AM
I am one of those who feel more relaxed and calmer dressed. It just feels right and natural, but then I now also a lot more relaxed in boy mode. The more I embraced my 'femme' side (whatever we want to call it) and treated it as a natural day to day part of me, the more I found my day to day 'male' me becoming more easy going, tolerant and nurturing. I even switched jobs towards a more nurturing role, which I now wish I had done many years ago!

Annaliese2010
06-23-2012, 08:45 PM
My personality changes First, then I dress appropriate, not the reverse. When the time is ripe and the transition happens where I 'surface' as my male counterpart 'goes under' MY personality becomes manifest (dominates) while 'his' fades to background. We are 2 distinct personalities. My thinking, views, tastes, behavior and habits are my own, different from his. I'm a girl so of course I'm going to dress as one. But there's nothing 'special' or unusual about that simple fact. It's incidental to the primary feminine person I am. When it's time for him to come up again, I put my clothes away & fade to the recesses, trading places til next I can come up & out. He's not interested in my clothing just as I'm not interested in his. He dresses as he does. I respect that. We share the same body but only one of us is 'in control' at any given time.

sometimes_miss
06-23-2012, 11:48 PM
Nope. I'm the same no matter what I'm wearing.

CuteT
06-24-2012, 12:04 AM
That is very well said. I feel the same way.

ColleenA
06-24-2012, 04:19 AM
I'm pretty much the dame either way, but I do smile more when I am dressed feminine.
Tina B.

Tina, your Freudian slip is showing. :roflmao: