PDA

View Full Version : Another Small Step - Outside

outhiking
06-05-2012, 10:28 PM
OK, so I was underdressed, with baggy pants and a heavy sweater, but I've never been so nervous buying gas and groceries. I don't think I'll ever get to the point of presenting, but this was a nice experience.

Beth Mays
06-05-2012, 10:32 PM
It can take time and a few steps at a pace you can accept

CynthiaD
06-05-2012, 10:32 PM
Congratulations!

Every step is fun. Enjoy the experience.

Rachel Morley
06-05-2012, 11:05 PM
Tell me about it. I will never forget the time (quite a few years ago now) I started to push my envelope by under-dressing and then going out. It was the summer too and so I wan't wearing lots of layers. Mega scary at the time but you have to do it ..... and it does get easier :)

NathalieX66
06-05-2012, 11:25 PM
It took me several outings in public before I felt comfortable....not to mention a few aborted outings because of panic attacks.

Nowadays, I love and crave being out anywhere/anytime.

Barbara Ella
06-05-2012, 11:59 PM
It is such a nice experience that you will never be able to forget it, and you will remember each time you go out and accomplish something new you didn't expect to do. You are on your way girl. Enjoy

Barbara

a1stephie
06-06-2012, 12:12 AM
Tell me about it. I will never forget the time (quite a few years ago now) I started to push my envelope by under-dressing and then going out. It was the summer too and so I wan't wearing lots of layers. Mega scary at the time but you have to do it ..... and it does get easier :)

It's so nice to hear others with stories like this. Mega-scary is the word. I occasionally go for walks semi-dressed, perhaps in a skirt or top but I wear a poncho over the top of it. I'll go with my wife (extra confidence) or solo. Sometimes it's fine, other times panicky. But strength in numbers, right? The more I read stories like these, the more I'm building up confidence.

Nathalie - like your mention of 'aborted outings' , "Abort, Abort!". That's why when I go out properly I'm going to need the strong GG I know to grab me by arm and keep me on target!

carolinewalker_2000
06-06-2012, 04:03 AM
Everyone has to start somewhere. As your confidence grows I am willing to bet you start wear more overly feminine outer garments for your trips out. Congratulations on taking your first steps down that path.

Cynthia Anne
06-06-2012, 05:19 AM
Those little steps add up! I can still remember doing the same thing you done about fourty five years ago! Just keep it up and have fun! Hugs!

STACY B
06-06-2012, 05:28 AM
Those little steps add up! I can still remember doing the same thing you done about fourty five years ago! Just keep it up and have fun! Hugs! Thats rite ! Just add something everytime you go ,,Its like building something alway add ,,Move forward ,,Anything no matter how small it is , Maybe some light makeup or jewelry an once you have crossed the line yull be home free ,, AN its great too an yull say why did I wait so long . But it gets better an better ,,Just ask around ,, It never ends ,,lol,,,

Claire Cook
06-06-2012, 05:33 AM
It took me several outings in public before I felt comfortable....not to mention a few aborted outings because of panic attacks.

Nowadays, I love and crave being out anywhere/anytime.

Gee Nathalie, , I could have written that! In my case it probably took 20 years between that scary first time and getting to where I am now. Outhiking, I hope it doesn't take you that long!

PretzelGirl
06-06-2012, 06:00 AM
Each of us goes through this is different sized steps. But if you want to continue, it will get easier with each passing effort. The biggest thing is to keep doing it at a level that you are comfortable with. Even those of us that go out with reasonable comfort can have some jitters if it has been a long time.

Beverley Sims
06-06-2012, 06:25 AM
Those first steps are always an adrenalin rush.

Claire Cook
06-06-2012, 07:20 AM
Those first steps are always an adrenalin rush.

So [still!] are the next ones!

Rachel Morley
06-06-2012, 09:55 PM
Mega scary at the time but you have to do it ..... and it does get easier :)

It's so nice to hear others with stories like this. Mega-scary is the word. I occasionally go for walks semi-dressed, perhaps in a skirt or top but I wear a poncho over the top of it. I'll go with my wife (extra confidence) or solo. Sometimes it's fine, other times panicky. But strength in numbers, right? The more I read stories like these, the more I'm building up confidence.

Nathalie - like your mention of 'aborted outings' , "Abort, Abort!". That's why when I go out properly I'm going to need the strong GG I know to grab me by arm and keep me on target!
A strong GG is what we need! :) Glad you have one too. My wife "made" me do so many things in the beginning .... and I'm so glad she did as I'm a better person because of it. Much more confident and at ease with my femme self than I believe I would have been without her "pushing" :)